View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cutting LSD tabs in half?

flippityfloo

Greenlighter
I was wondering how evenly distributed LSD is in blotter paper generally. The last time I took LSD it was Hoffmans (roughly 100-150mcg) and the tabs I am thinking of taking now are reportedly ~250mcg. I had a wonderful time on the Hoffmans last time and don't really want to up my dose much. So I was wondering if cutting a ~250mcg tab in half would give me roughly 125mcg each. I understand there are differences in blotter paper and when I actually have the tab I may be able to provide more information on it.

Just because your supplier estimates these tabs to be ~250ug doesn't mean they're actually anywhere close to that amount. I say just eat the whole tab, or better yet, 2 or 3 tabs. Better to be slightly overwhelmed than disappointingly underwhelmed. However, provided that the tabs you're getting are actually ~250ug cutting one in half should yield 2 ~125ug hits, blotter is generally pretty evenly saturated throughout a sheet, it's between different sheets (even if laid by the same person) that you start to see noticeable fluctuations in potency. Whatever you decide, happy tripping! :D

Just because your supplier estimates these tabs to be ~250ug doesn't mean they're actually anywhere close to that amount. I say just eat the whole tab, or better yet, 2 or 3 tabs. Better to be slightly overwhelmed than disappointingly underwhelmed. However, provided that the tabs you're getting are actually ~250ug cutting one in half should yield 2 ~125ug hits, blotter is generally pretty evenly saturated throughout a sheet, it's between different sheets (even if laid by the same person) that you start to see noticeable fluctuations in potency. Whatever you decide, happy tripping! :D

Gotta agree id think it would be pretty much evenly distributed
Happy Trippin !

There's no way to tell the potency (in ug) simply by word of mouth. As the tabs get further and further from the supplier, they seem to become more potent strictly through word of mouth (aka the telephone game). Such is the nature of trying to make money off LSD.

Bottom line: if you weren't with the guy who laid it, you have no way of knowing the potency. Take at least 1 tab and enjoy. Then you will know for certain what kind of strength you're dealing with.

i have read at reliable sources that blotter is never more than like 125ug - gels and micros can get up in the 150 range.. average blotter is 50 - 90 ug each..
also - i agree that it should be saturated evenly.. cutting doses has never failed for me.. :)

There is certainly blotter laid at (well) over 125ug out there. Not as common as some acid dealers would have you believe, for sure, but it certainly exists in plentiful quantities.

As to the question, I was wondering this myself recently. Got no acid left at the moment bar two 500ug "specials" that I've been saving for the right moment for ages. Only so long I can keep 'em though so may get munched and was wondering if cutting them in half would make for two roughly equally decent trips or one weak and one less weak or whatever. Should probably just munch them as is given rarity/novelty value but seems a waste sat on me arse doing nowt.

I don't recommend ripping a tab in half, one tab is supposed to be one hit, if anything less.

Do you know anything about the supplier of the sheets? (No need to post such info, mind you ;))

If they know what they're doing when they press blotter, as any supplier worth their salt should, then it will be uniform throughout the tab.

Thanks for the comments guys, they have been helpful! Also I'm well aware that suppliers lie about the dosage on tabs in an effort to make more profit. Maybe when I see them I'll at least have some more info based on their design. Anyway worst case scenario is I take half and then if it isn't much I'll take the other half.

aww man Im jealous....TWO 500ug hits?

But to the point, IME cutting blotter in half does split the dose pretty evenly (so the LSD was laid pretty evenly). I used a razor blade and tweezers so my oily fingers wouldn't steal some of the precious lsd...

Yeah I would eat half and then within an hour or hour+15 mins. feeling a bit how strong it comes up maybe eat the rest.

But your question asks or needs to know two things we don't really want to answer here in PD:
- How much is in my hit?
- How much should I take.

The first can only be answered by some kinds of trust, like: I know people who always speak the truth about what they know and in this country LSD can be lab-tested. If you've gotten acid a hundred times and every times it is as potent as was claimed you are either getting a placebo effect or your guy is legit. End of story.

The second is a decision entirely up to you, depending on how you feel, your home situation, your point in life and previous experience. Don't ask us, ask yourself.