Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cutting liquid LSD dosage in half?

Moma

Greenlighter
Hello,

Let me start of by introducing myself a little bit. I've been browsing bluelight for over 3 years now I think but never bothered to create an account and all my question could be answered simply by browsing or using the search function. But this question I could never really find a proper answer to. So I figured it was time to create an account and maybe even become a more active member. My main drugs of choice are mainly psychedelics, but I also enjoy amphetamines from time to time, at times even a little too much but that's not what what I was gonna talk about!

So I have 2 friends that want to try LSD and I'm in possession of a vial of liquid that is tested at 230 micrograms per hit. Since both of them are inexperienced with any psychedelic really I only want to give them half the dosage, so 115 micrograms. What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking putting 1 hit in a drink and letting them drink half and I drink the other half because I'm sure I could handle trip sitting them on that dosage?

TLDR: Is it possible to cut a dose of liquid LSD in half?

Thanks!

Hello,

Let me start of by introducing myself a little bit. I've been browsing bluelight for over 3 years now I think but never bothered to create an account and all my question could be answered simply by browsing or using the search function. But this question I could never really find a proper answer to. So I figured it was time to create an account and maybe even become a more active member. My main drugs of choice are mainly psychedelics, but I also enjoy amphetamines from time to time, at times even a little too much but that's not what what I was gonna talk about!

So I have 2 friends that want to try LSD and I'm in possession of a vial of liquid that is tested at 230 micrograms per hit. Since both of them are inexperienced with any psychedelic really I only want to give them half the dosage, so 115 micrograms. What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking putting 1 hit in a drink and letting them drink half and I drink the other half because I'm sure I could handle trip sitting them on that dosage?

TLDR: Is it possible to cut a dose of liquid LSD in half?

Thanks!

I was about to suggest your idea of putting it in a drink and serving half to each before I read that you already thought of the idea! I think that would definitely work. However I'd make sure to shake up the bottle with the dose in it quite well to insure proper dispersion of the chemical throughout.

I was about to suggest your idea of putting it in a drink and serving half to each before I read that you already thought of the idea! I think that would definitely work. However I'd make sure to shake up the bottle with the dose in it quite well to insure proper dispersion of the chemical throughout.

Would you have any idea what sort of drink I'd have to use to ensure not destroying the LSD?

Would you have any idea what sort of drink I'd have to use to ensure not destroying the LSD?

A bottle of distilled water only.
Using tap water or or anything else with unspecified minerals or chemical preservatives may destroy the lsd.

OJ is good for mushrooms, but for LSD, you'd better just use distilled or demineralized water. Any other 'ingredients' might interact with it, I am not saying it gets destroyed in a flash by just about anything, but it is not worth it experimenting with adding shit to it that might degrade it.
And just because clean OJ has nothing added to it by mankind doesn't mean nature didn't "add" countless biochemicals to the water that is the only relevant thing.. acting as a solvent.

For that same reason vodka is a relatively clean source of alcohol mixed with water, that kind of spirits are the best to store chems in. Don't use crazy liquors with god knows what in it. It is just not the time to get random chemical reactions started.

OJ is good for mushrooms, but for LSD, you'd better just use distilled or demineralized water. Any other 'ingredients' might interact with it, I am not saying it gets destroyed in a flash by just about anything, but it is not worth it experimenting with adding shit to it that might degrade it.
And just because clean OJ has nothing added to it by mankind doesn't mean nature didn't "add" countless biochemicals to the water that is the only relevant thing.. acting as a solvent.

For that same reason vodka is a relatively clean source of alcohol mixed with water, that kind of spirits are the best to store chems in. Don't use crazy liquors with god knows what in it. It is just not the time to get random chemical reactions started.
I'm guessing it would also be smart to get the water I'd use at room temprature before dropping the LSD into it right?

I don't think it matters much:) lsd is extremely soluble in water at any temperature and the mixture should remain equal as long as you shake it nice n good first.

Alright, thanks for the help guys! This is gonna be easier than I thought!

Alright, thanks for the help guys! This is gonna be easier than I thought!

Better than just drinking 'half each' would be to measure an amount of water (or vodka or whatever you're using) and then measure that into two halves. That way you'll be more sure they'll get a relatively equal amount.

Haha yeah I was gonna measure it out but I just thought that was kind of irrelevant to the actual question. But I appreciate you trying to help! Also this topic could be closed as all my questions have been answered. If that's even a thing that happens here?

Sometimes yes sometimes no:p MOST the time I think they only close it if all question as are answered but the thread continues with offtopic/unneeded comments

Would this work for any chemical? If you have two doses worth of something dissolved in a liquid and you drink half the liquid you get one dose? Dissolved chemicals are even throughout the liquid?

As long as you use liquid that doesn't destroy the chemical you wanna use I guess this would work yeah.

As long as it's a water soluble compound. Not all liquid forms of drugs are; sometimes the liquid is saline, alcohol or some other solution that is not harmful to the human body, so this would only work if you use the same solution to dilute your compound (or if the compound in question is indeed water soluble)