• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cutting Back On Carbs And Adderall XR?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I have recently been cutting back on carbs. In fact, I do not eat any bread and even bread-like items that have a lot of carbs, such as pretzels and other types of "dough". Primarily, I eat meat and cheese which is a lot of my diet along with a bit of vegetables (though not much as I don't particularly like them). I primarily eat meat and cheese as well as sometimes juices/usually diet sodas and things of the sort these days. I usually eat pork rinds instead of chips like I used to, and for the most part I have very little carbs aside from beer that's usually light beer.

I still drink beer and have some carbs, but I have significantly changed my diet. My doctor recommended that I cut back on carbs as my cholesterol is a bit high. Anyways, I have found that my Adderall lasts longer and feel is a bit "stronger", which is a welcome surprise :) It is also seems to be more effective for my ADHD, and I have generally been doing much better. Do you think that my dietary changes are part of this? I also have been taking fish oil and vitamin D as my doctor said my Vitamin D was low and the fish oil has a high level of HDL cholesterol.

My main motivation for changing my diet has been to lose a bit of weight, as I'm now 5'9 and a half and 188 pounds. Not anything drastically overweight or dangerous really but still a bit "overweight" as my best physique has usually been around 175 or so. This diet has worked, and given the fact that it appears to potentiate my Adderall, this is even better. However, is this typical of this diet, or is this effect just me? I just was curious. Either way, losing weight and eating healthier as the doctor recommended is better...... but is there any pharmacological reason why this would cause the stronger effect of the prescribed Adderall? Just curious.

Last edited:
I dont think its specifically cutting out carbs but just as simple as living a healthier lifestyle.

Like when i started running went from winded after walking 3 miles to running 8 miles it potentiated my adderall because i was just much healthier.