• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cuts appearing on my skin from opiates.

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
Whenever I do a hefty dose of opiates over the course of the night I always wake up with large cuts randomly on my skin. They aren't deep cuts but are very pronounced, they are usually long, bright red, and a little sensitive to touch. Whenever I do this much opiates over the course of a night my skin always gets very sensitive to touch and very itchy all over.

I know this is due to histamine release and I make sure to keep the scratching minimum and take a couple Benadryl throughout the night. Does this strong histamine release cause the skin to be more vulnerable to cuts? I realize I could just be scratching hard in my sleep but I feel like there's more to it than that.

Are you IV'ing your opiates ? Needles can be as sharp as a scalpel but don't cut very deep. I've woken up the next day with cuts similar to what you have described but it was def from accidentally dragging the needle across my skin. The only other irritation I get is from prolonged contact with isopropyl alcohol when prepping, but that's more like a cracking from drying out the skin.

No I'm not injecting, it's all oral or rectal use. Now come to think of it I sometimes fall asleep with tweezers in my hand, Im sort of obsessed with plucking hairs when I'm high. I could be rolling around on the tweezers causing the cuts

Do you spend a lot of time with your skin submerged in water, at work or whatever?
Some kinds of dermatitis can present as cut-like lesions...

No I'm not injecting, it's all oral or rectal use. Now come to think of it I sometimes fall asleep with tweezers in my hand, Im sort of obsessed with plucking hairs when I'm high. I could be rolling around on the tweezers causing the cuts

It's probably this... put away the tweezers next time you do opiates and see what happens the next day

^yeah it's a pretty nasty habit. I don't work around or in water. Still does anyone else get really sensitive skin the day after heavy opiate use? When I fall asleep with tweezers still in hand while sober I never get these cuts.

inb4 krokodil

but yeah somtimes i get really dry and sore skin around my nose and eyes from chasing heroin off foil sometimes
think its got something to do with the cutting agents

I wake up covered in scratches a lot and I assume it's from the itchies while I'm sleeping. usually big ones on my back...

^ kinda like how tweakers on crystal just pick themselves apart?

inb4 krokodil

but yeah somtimes i get really dry and sore skin around my nose and eyes from chasing heroin off foil sometimes
think its got something to do with the cutting agents

I wake up covered in scratches a lot and I assume it's from the itchies while I'm sleeping. usually big ones on my back...

^ kinda like how tweakers on crystal just pick themselves apart?

no, like scratching in my sleep

sounds like histamine reaction and the itchiness it causes.
the back and around the nose seem to be some of the more common areas for people on dope/opiates to itch and scratch.

Yeah, the itching is subconscious at times. (You'll be scratching and not even realize or know it.) Try taking an antihistamine like benadryl in low dosage before using next time and see if that does anything for the issue. Those long bright red cuts, just sound like small superficial lesions from your own claw marks. This is just opinion and suggestion. If at any time you think something may be seriously wrong, seek real medical help right away. OK?

Im sort of obsessed with plucking hairs when I'm high. I could be rolling around on the tweezers causing the cuts

WTF is that all about? I never knew of anyone else that does this except me. I can do it for a half an hour or more at a time. It is freaking ridiculous. Sorry but I don't know what the cuts could be other than a reaction or some sort. I also get the itches when I crank up the usage but otherwise, not so much. Good Luck!

WTF is that all about? I never knew of anyone else that does this except me. I can do it for a half an hour or more at a time. It is freaking ridiculous. Sorry but I don't know what the cuts could be other than a reaction or some sort. I also get the itches when I crank up the usage but otherwise, not so much. Good Luck!

its just an obsessive repetitive behavior, i always start drawing pictures of skulls and flowers over and over again when i'm on crack as i find it soothing. everyone has a different set of rituals i guess but skinpicking is quite a popular one

Yeah I feel you, I do it for a couple hours at a time to the point where I start bleeding quite a bit. it's just a compulsion that we have. It started one day when I was high and I plucked a hair out of my knee with my nails. I didn't even feel it come out, so I kept doing it and it was kind of, well I want to say fun but addictive is probably a better word. My knees, ankles, feet, and toes are completely void of even the smallest hair because I won't allow them to grow more then 1mm.

Im still not sure why I get the cuts but it only seemed to happen on higher doses of hydrocodone. I've been on tramadol the past few days and haven't had the problem. I did note that there's definitely more histamine release with hydro.