• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Currently taking Suboxone & Vyvanse, Safe to add or switch to Lexapro &/or Trazodone?

howcanthatbetaken

Greenlighter
Currently taking Suboxone & Vyvanse, Safe to add or switch to Lexapro &/or Trazodone?

Hi, I have been on Suboxone (8MG, 3x/day) and Vyvanse (70MG, 1x/day) for a few months as I try to stay off Roxys. I am trying fight the severe lack of motivation, lack of interest, interest, fatigue and depression that I have been facing since quitting and my Dr thinks I may have ADHD that led to my drug seeking hence the Vyvanse. Now I have been prescribed Lexapro for depression/motivation issues and Trazodone for sleep issues.

My question is, should I take them all together?, should i alternate between them? should I phase one/any out before starting one/any and if so do i need to wait 24 hours/ 48 hours/ a week in between?

I really want to try the Lexapro as I have mixed feelings on how effective Vyvanse is for me; I have never been a fan of sleep meds so not rushing to try the Trazodone. My first search may as well have said "red alert, you're gonna die" for mixing some of these but then i read another post stating one person one time got serotonin something or other and don't worry about it. Regardless, no post I found covered all four of these, I appreciate any help and sorry in advance if I missed an obvious existing solution in my research!

And yes I know I should talk to a Dr but the one who has prescribed these is weird, I want a second opinion and I never go to the normal family Dr and can't bring my self to tell another person what I got myself into, unless its somewhat anonymously! ;)

Ummm everyday?

Some people take trazadone to sleep

Some people take vyvanse at elevated doses with breaks

If you have severe depression itll be pretty hard to tell how your doing when your up one day and down another and constantly going on and off antidepressants.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. :) Your concerns are not unfounded because there is some potential for drug interactions if you wanted to take all four meds simultaneously. Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and Lexapro (escitalopram) together can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. The same could be said for Trazodone and Lexapro.

I use drugs.com to check for interactions: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2228-0,1013-565,439-2040,1475-2533

Another possibility would be the Suboxone (buprenorphine) could interact with Lexapro in certain instances increasing the risk of an irregular heart rhythm. I don't think it's too common but it could be problematic in a person with a heart condition or electrolyte imbalance.

I don't feel comfortable telling you whether or not this regimen would be best for you because I'm not a physician. Your doctor may feel that you can benefit from taking this combination. You didn't say at what dose the Lexapro he suggested but that medication seems to be the wild card here. Have you discussed how long you would be using Suboxone for or at that dosage of 24 mg?