• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Current popular synthetic cannanbinoids

From what I've seen synthetic cannabinoids have more or less evolved into a boutique industry with their clientele being incarcerated individuals, or more precisely and more often the teams who will work together both outside and in to get the product inside the prisons.

Where they will then retail it to the tune of absolutely fucking absurd profit margins. Like twenty-three THOUSAND percent OR HIGHER.

Like, seriously. I just came home from a seven year prison sentence a few months ago, and when that shit touched down in there it was unreal the amount of money I saw get made. I watched people buy their mothers new houses and their daughters new cars from prison, all selling one-inch squares of blank white paper that were indistinguishable as drugs yet powerful enough to wreck three people five times.

From what I've seen synthetic cannabinoids have more or less evolved into a boutique industry with their clientele being incarcerated individuals, or more precisely and more often the teams who will work together both outside and in to get the product inside the prisons.

Where they will then retail it to the tune of absolutely fucking absurd profit margins. Like twenty-three THOUSAND percent OR HIGHER.

Like, seriously. I just came home from a seven year prison sentence a few months ago, and when that shit touched down in there it was unreal the amount of money I saw get made. I watched people buy their mothers new houses and their daughters new cars from prison, all selling one-inch squares of blank white paper that were indistinguishable as drugs yet powerful enough to wreck three people five times.
that's wild, was it synthetic opiates or something? Also just curious what were you in for? (if you don't mind sharing).

that's wild, was it synthetic opiates or something? Also just curious what were you in for? (if you don't mind sharing).

that’s about right, I just got out of prison

It was just whatever the current synthetic cannabinoids held the markets attention at the time before being banned, when they'd promptly move on to the next in line. Usually broken down in acetone and sprayed on the paper. No real, proper opioids, just plenty of suboxone behind the walls, at least here. Thankfully people are wise enough not to introduce fentanyl into a population with a known opioid tolerance of near zero.

I was in for manufacturing and trafficking methamphetamine. Got tired of buying bullshit, and well... they didn't like my science project. 🤣

It was pretty cool though, when I got my motion for discovery, to see the GC/MS on my sample come back at 95% quality. Mighta been bad, but at least I was fucking good at it lol.

It was just whatever the current synthetic cannabinoids held the markets attention at the time before being banned, when they'd promptly move on to the next in line. Usually broken down in acetone and sprayed on the paper. No real, proper opioids, just plenty of suboxone behind the walls, at least here. Thankfully people are wise enough not to introduce fentanyl into a population with a known opioid tolerance of near zero.

I was in for manufacturing and trafficking methamphetamine. Got tired of buying bullshit, and well... they didn't like my science project. 🤣

It was pretty cool though, when I got my motion for discovery, to see the GC/MS on my sample come back at 95% quality. Mighta been bad, but at least I was fucking good at it lol.
I guess my brain just isn't computing synthetic cannabinoids not on a...plant LOL.

And of course they didnt like your science project! You weren't paying the govt or pharma industry their fair cut ;)

I guess my brain just isn't computing synthetic cannabinoids not on a...plant LOL.

And of course they didnt like your science project! You weren't paying the govt or pharma industry their fair cut ;)
Very true... I often tell people I didn't go to prison for making meth, I went for copyright infringement. And yeah, I understand... it was so crazy when they switched from a plant matter medium to paper, everyone sitting around with fingernail clippers looking like they're about to chop up and roll some acid. 🤣

I had my time smoking the shit inside, more out of boredom than anything else, and especially on lockdown during the pandemic. There are a couple gems in the synthetic 'noid crowd, but by and large such a shitty set of drugs. So unpredictable, adverse reactions being just as common as not, makes you stupid as fuck and dependency-forming as well. I'm good, lol.

Very true... I often tell people I didn't go to prison for making meth, I went for copyright infringement. And yeah, I understand... it was so crazy when they switched from a plant matter medium to paper, everyone sitting around with fingernail clippers looking like they're about to chop up and roll some acid. 🤣

I had my time smoking the shit inside, more out of boredom than anything else, and especially on lockdown during the pandemic. There are a couple gems in the synthetic 'noid crowd, but by and large such a shitty set of drugs. So unpredictable, adverse reactions being just as common as not, makes you stupid as fuck and dependency-forming as well. I'm good, lol.
copyright infringement...LOL. I'm dying over here.

And yeah they are a wild bunch...had a kid throw me a bag of K2 when I was in high school, that shit was trippy. Glad I didnt continue to abuse it though, stuff just seems like bad news from what I can tell.

Why does k2 make people stupid after they’ve been on it a while? Is there like neurotoxic metabolites or something?

Why does k2 make people stupid after they’ve been on it a while? Is there like neurotoxic metabolites or something?
Don't get me to lying about neurochemistry, that was an anecdotal based on observation and my own experience lol. But yeah, with chronic, heavy use I def saw and noticed a sort of dulling of the wit, like a marked drop in basic mental acuity. Shit can turn a genius into a zombie, but thankfully, usually when you stop you turn back. 😉

Don't get me to lying about neurochemistry, that was an anecdotal based on observation and my own experience lol. But yeah, with chronic, heavy use I def saw and noticed a sort of dulling of the wit, like a marked drop in basic mental acuity. Shit can turn a genius into a zombie, but thankfully, usually when you stop you turn back. 😉
I mean it wasn’t just you saying that, I’ve heard that from many different people, I was wondering if it’s ever actually been studied

I also wonder if there isn’t any synth cannabinoids that could be used medicinally, I mean they do seem to have about the same therapeutic index as barbiturates, and those were used for awhile as medicine

Oh, lol. Yeah... pretty common observation, but I doubt that it actually has been studied, at least any specific compounds due to the rapid-fire pace of the market/legislative battle to introduce new products and then ban them, after (more than) a few deaths.

synth noids are a guilty pleasure of mine. i haven't had any in prolly almost 10 years (and i did see the trend of shittier and shittier ones taking over)...

but i guess i just love getting completely sideways in the head. cannabis can't shoot you off to "there be monsters here" lands quite like those synths can.

definitely wouldn't do them these days (i got a sponsa dillities), but i do miss the good ones. real roller coaster of a drug.

throw that Vietnam weed away
sucks they did that to the weed, real deal SE asian weed is legendary (when it's good).

Tried the adb-butinaca from a well known vendor the other day and was surprised that it wasn’t a aminoalkylindole like it was touted. It was almost equipotent but felt somewhat different. Not that bad, kinda wobbly in the receptor…

synth noids are a guilty pleasure of mine. i haven't had any in prolly almost 10 years (and i did see the trend of shittier and shittier ones taking over)...

but i guess i just love getting completely sideways in the head. cannabis can't shoot you off to "there be monsters here" lands quite like those synths can.

definitely wouldn't do them these days (i got a sponsa dillities), but i do miss the good ones. real roller coaster of a drug.

sucks they did that to the weed, real deal SE asian weed is legendary (when it's good).

In my experience, SE anything(food, drugs, clothing) is always pretty average and they'll pull the wool over your eyes whenever they can. Hard to get authentic/not fucked with/no half arsed toxic additives for anything in that area of the world. Sucks, westerners like me are happy to pay a premium for the real deal.

1. JWH-018: One of the first and most well-known synthetic cannabinoids, developed for experimental purposes in the lab of Dr. John W. Huffman.
  2. JWH-073, JWH-200, and other JWH compounds: These are related compounds, also developed by Huffman's team.
  3. AM-2201: Another synthetic cannabinoid that has a close structural relation to JWH-018 but has a fluorine atom added.
  4. 5F-ADB (also known as 5F-MDMB-PINACA): This is a more recent addition and has been associated with a number of overdose incidents.
  5. BB-22 and 5F-PB-22: They are quinoline-based synthetic cannabinoids.
  6. AB-FUBINACA and AB-CHMINACA: Synthetic cannabinoids that were originally developed by Pfizer.
  7. UR-144 and XLR-11: Both have been popular in various "Spice" or "K2" blends in the past.
  8. 4F-ADB and 4-CN-BINACA-ADB: More recent additions to the market, these compounds have been reported in various drug seizure analyses.
However, the landscape for synthetic drugs is continuously evolving, with manufacturers frequently changing the chemical structure to avoid legal regulations or to produce more potent compounds. This results in a continuously changing market with new compounds appearing regularly.

It's crucial to understand that while these substances may mimic the effects of cannabis, their pharmacological profiles can be significantly different. Synthetic cannabinoids can have unpredictable and sometimes severe side effects, including hospitalizations and deaths. Always approach such substances with caution.
Your I assume AI generated post reminded me of a few I tried. AM-2201 being by far strongest and in higher doses almost NDE experience. AB-FUBINACA being very, very, very stoning high. B-22, well being once considered for cancer treatment, not impressive but beside taste still interesting, pretty light and not better than weed. I tried those and a few more and synth cannabinoids are insanely good and addictive. So addictive it just ain’t worth it even if one in question ain’t really toxic and dangerous otherwise. I guess the more you like real weed, the more you like “good” synthetic too. For huge stoners fact you can just keep increasing dose and every time get more high than you did first time smoking some high grade is usually just too tempting to use in any responsible manner.

Regarding synthetic cannabinoids, there are now some precursor products, and some suppliers will provide formulas and production methods. I have a friend who has experienced these and it seems very easy.

Regarding synthetic cannabinoids, there are now some precursor products, and some suppliers will provide formulas and production methods. I have a friend who has experienced these and it seems very easy.
Do you care to share any of that information?

Smoked too much AM-2201 one time, probably over ten years ago at this point. Had that terror paranoia feeling probably worse than anything I'd experienced before, have only gotten worse than that on meth or PCP. Never touched the shit again.

Now that there's a "legal" market for designer dope sold as "¢annabi$", euh... M'well, « marihuana » if you prefer, euh... I'd make this simple predi¢tion that we ain't seen the end of such frenzie over cannabis just yet. Besides long-term issues as synergy-based "cocktail effetcs" one should wonder where the "research" on aspects of cannabis that will benefit the end-user 1st, and at the moment i'm most puzzled with « remediation » versus trichome morphologies and their associated features, hoping for beneficial ones to the consumer, like vaporists...

It turns out in me "legal" $a¢rifi¢ed cannuck province our « SQdC » is actually the State's MONOPOLY (a "filiale" of its main direct provincial competitor the « SAQ », serving an alcohol-based indu$try). Definition of that specific french expression follows next, but i can't risk to forget reminding the reader about yet another important legal cause we all lost in Supreme Court: « Free-the-Beer »! The subtilities matter a bunch in the Légaleezation of Justin Trudeau, hence lets see what's that « filiale » thing is about exactly:

« ...une société détenue et contrôlée par une autre à plus de 50 %... »​

Oh my! How can such a paradox even prove viable in any co-called democratic capitalism as ours??

Pay attention here: our SQdC must be under the grip and control of alcohol merchants already facing issues with "intran$" as « PFAS » (*ETERNAL* molecule$) in the environment that eventually accumulate in humans for a lack of sufficient elimination, if any... A direct though delayed implication of PFAS presence in any production ¢hain$ is this: the younger you are the longer you get exposed the closer to a critical level you get, so in definitive it implies youth will be most specially affected but we'll only know how bad that is in a few generations, when all those who made profit on it are gone in peace and even opulence for the "lucky" 1 %.

PFAS is only one illustration but what's that all about "$yntheti¢$" one might ask?

Well, in a province as my own where successive governments banned home-grown "bio", e.g. that comes with natural confidence, trust and pride (...), euh... I'm afraid the alternative to expect from a filiale owned over 50 % by its "legal" competitor will indeed start to feed synthetic once we manage having numbers on the side effects of such peculiar market setup.

Ever heard of « Bertrand's box paradox »?

If dreaming of such Frankenstein di$a$ter$ is so important then i must suggest making a link between that box and the SQdC simply to envision what's next. Maybe some day synthetics will be for kids and elders, designer dope is the future! M'well, the "legal" type, that is...

Problem, where's the research aiming to? Being 50+ % directed by the alcohol indu$try already dealing with "tra¢e$" in their fine wine how can we hope for any less socio-toxic destiny then that for starters?!

Tired of Halloween lasting all year long? Remove the mercantile motivation that makes for the main part of « HARM » in cannabis, legal or otherwise. Selling water 5000+ $/liter and over-taxing it in the process won't "save" nobody or anything. And of course tolerance of poly-intoxication in a truly emancipated market is no option if it's going to be "recreative" anyway. The $i¢k 'n $ad consumers taken hostage over their suffering by self-serving predators is a totally different issue as all these decent people ask is relief, in flower form or a pill doesn't really matter at all, except they too learn to appreciate cannabis relaxing and inspiring properties.

Seek respectful alternatives as bio + health-wise consumption methods, never forgetting that TRUST is one critical ingredient not to ever get under-estimated!

One needs to make a strong distinction between the current, legal, "THC like" cannabinoids and the drugs which have been known as "synthetic" cannabinoids.
The word "synthetic" is meaningless, to start. But, the biggest difference is "full agonists" over "partial agonists".
So far, there has not been a hemp derived, THC like, legal cannabinoid which has been a full agonist. Failure to differentiate might lead one of the rubes to think that a full agonist is no worse than one of these "CBD store" cannabinoids.
Not to say that there are not hidden dangers in these gas station cannabinoids, the most obvious of which is leftover production chemicals (just the most obvious).
However the, as yet, lack of emergency room visits with convulsions, etc., does show at least a somewhat better safety profile.