• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Current opinions/knowledge on cocaine and alprazolam combinations

emeraldzebras3690

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

I'd like to start a current discussion on the combining of cocaine and alprazolam.

Personally, I am talking about someone with moderate/casual tolerance and understanding of how each drug works. I am talking alprazolam dosage from .5mg-2mg, and cocaine dosage anywhere from say 1gram-3.5grams throughout the night.

I know that in stimulant overdoses, benzodiazepines like alprazolam are given to lower blood pressure and calm the heart and mind, so I do not believe the combination is especially dangerous to the heart, but perhaps therapeutic as it keeps blood pressure and pulse in a controlled range, as long as a moderate dose is taken. I also believe it helps with unwanted side-effects such as muscle tightening, jaw-clenching, and general stimulant discomfort. In a way, I believe it is beneficial to take a low dose.

I know there are those who will say mixing downers and uppers puts an added strain on the heart, but I don't see this being the case with alprazolam - I see it more as something to keep overall stimulation at a lower level.

A downside is that since the cocaine high will not be as edgy or intense, possible increased risk of overdose is possible by doing more than one usually would.

What are your thoughts? Opinions?

To add, I would say it is far less dangerous than cocaine and alcohol combination, which is quite popular, and we know the increased toxicity of it.

I took 1mg Xanax tonight before starting and it was an excellent choice. I've often taken a few mgs of Xanax to help with the comedown. Like all things, everything in moderation. If you took a ton of Xanax with coke it might be detrimental on your heart.