• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Curious

MamaCat

Greenlighter
I am currently using opiates for pain control, and I am thinking of adding cannabis to help with the pain on bad days. I don't want to smoke it, and I'm unfamiliar with other options and dosing. I have no idea what to ask for at the dispensary. Any help or suggestions are appreciated :)

:| Lord if I know! You sound like me, though. At least you live where it's legal, correct?

Not here! Though I think I just read it may soon be legal across the bayou from here.

Meanwhile, Ole Dixi's burning down, with no hope of rescue.

You are welcome to read some of my posts. I, too am considering MMJ. In fact, I have some coming my way soon. It's Durban Poison and Cannatonic. My understanding (which is miniscule) is that the CBD has the medicinal properties, whereas the THC offers a mood lift/motivation. The Sativa is energizing vs. the Indica is more sedating/chill.

Cannatonic will ease some inflammation in my gut and my joints. (no pun) It's ALL yatta-yatta-yatta in my old brain.

I don't want to smoke and I don't want sedation. If MMJ can't ease physical pain, I'm hoping at the very least the DB will lift this horrid depression that persists with chronic pain. I'm trying the concentrate drops under the tongue.

I have NO CLUE until I try it, or so I'm told. This will be a hoot!?!

Eat it, but start out with a very low dose at first, and make sure you do not have to drive anywhere, and have a lot of free time. Ask for a pure Indica strain or type. Keep in mind that THC and CBD may not relieve your pain.

Try to find FECO aka Rick Simpson Oil. It's what I use for my pain and it's incredible. It's the easiest and cheapest way to consume cannabinoids.

Unlike edibles which are extra calories, the oil is straight cannabinoids, so it's easy to get just what you need. A pin head would be plenty to start.

Try to find a strain that's 1:1 THC:CBD, that will be a much more mild psychoactive effect and will help with inflammation (but is still effective for straight up pain). It should be lab tested so you know how strong it is.

I don't know how expensive it is in WA but a gram might a be a little more than you're expecting. It will still cost less than a nice dinner out, and 1 gram will last you 1-2 weeks.

:| See, my information says for me to avoid edibles...I'm told it's easy to go overboard.

I have GI absorption issues, so I'm going with the drops under my tongue.

I work full time as an architect where focus and precision is a must. I'm told Sativa is better for this.

Of course I will "experiment" on weekends, with my husband to watch over me.

:| See, my information says for me to avoid edibles...I'm told it's easy to go overboard.

I have GI absorption issues, so I'm going with the drops under my tongue.

I work full time as an architect where focus and precision is a must. I'm told Sativa is better for this.

It's easy for anyone to go overboard with edibles. They're also impossible to measure precisely (the dosages printed on packages have been shown to be rarely if ever correct)

I forgot to mention that to OP as well, that you may want to start with sublingual drops instead of straight oil. There are companies that make diluted oil in carrier oil to be able to take a measured dose. I don't know of any brands in WA but if you want a CA brand to compare, message me.

Sativa may even be too much for you, which is why Cannatonic may be perfect (it's generally closer to 1:1 THC:CBD). The traditional categorizations of Indica/Sativa and hybrid may technically still apply for CBD-rich strains but in their effect they exist outside that classification. CBD-rich strains can be considered their own category which will often have slightly different (more mild) effects (for example between Super Lemon Haze, which is a THC-rich sativa and has very "heady" effects to ACDC, which is a CBD-rich sativa that has no psychoactive effects and is effective for pediatric seizures).

Hi I'm probably in the wrong section.first time posting. I have a question,I had a very bad experience with pot 14 years ago and haven't touched it since meeting my new lady who is a reformed 24/7 smoker. One I don't understand why she would think its fine to have the odd one,I don't hate pot I just don't understand. And I have had the odd one recently,but I find when i get the thought to have an odd one I'm really horny..does anyone know why this is. Example if I'm not horny I don't ever think about smoking.
Its really bothering me as I don't want her or me to do it anymore as were trying to have a baby.
Thanks