• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos curious what i should do

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
so i got on klonopin 2 months ago was put on 2 mg a day when i went to a rehab for methadone withdrawals i was there for 35 days when i got out my doctor told me he wanted me of it asap which did too as im not a fan of benzos and fact the withdrawals can be a nightmare so he cut me from 2 mg to 1 mg a day then each week he has me going down 25% every wednesday im at 0.5 mg a day until wednesday i go down to 0.25

my question is will it really be that much better if i keep tapering than just cutting it off now? i ask because march 27th im going to nyc for a month and my last dose is suppose to be on the 24th so if im going to have bad withdrawal would it be best to try to cut off now so at least by the time i get there ill have 12 days behind me?

i dont have much exp with benzos so curious what others here think i should do if i should say fuck it and jump now if it isnt gonna be that much different than waiting another 9 days till i make the final jump or just get it out the way now

I'm not a benzo expert but I don't like seeing a post without at least one response to help. The 0.25 seems like a pretty low dose and 2 months isn't very long nor was even 2mg. per day. I would just jump and see what happens. If you get uneasy or anxious do you have any gabapentin, lyrica or kratom to take for a few days? Good luck on your quit and your trip to NYC. Great job on the methadone quit and I'm not sure if you want to refrain from all scripts or just the klonopins. Either way it sounds like you are on the road to better things.

I'm not a benzo expert but I don't like seeing a post without at least one response to help. The 0.25 seems like a pretty low dose and 2 months isn't very long nor was even 2mg. per day. I would just jump and see what happens. If you get uneasy or anxious do you have any gabapentin, lyrica or kratom to take for a few days? Good luck on your quit and your trip to NYC. Great job on the methadone quit and I'm not sure if you want to refrain from all scripts or just the klonopins. Either way it sounds like you are on the road to better things.
i appreciate the response yeah im still yawning all day and having to stretch like every 10 minutes which makes me feel ims till in methadone withdrawal

but yeah i cut it off 2 days ago so should be feeling it tonight or tomorrow id think . yeah i have gabapentin clonidine and kratom atm

i dont wana be on anything that requires withdrawal thats why i wana try to attack this now cause i might not have insurance next year ect so id be screwed

The thing about benzo withdrawal is that psychological effects tend to linger so if you are prone to anxiety and whatnot I would just stick to the schedule I don't think 12 days is going to make a huge difference

The thing about benzo withdrawal is that psychological effects tend to linger so if you are prone to anxiety and whatnot I would just stick to the schedule I don't think 12 days is going to make a huge difference
well only being on it 2 months id hope id not have paws ect

i decided to cut my taper 8 days earlier hoping id be out of the withdrawals ill experience sooner since im going to nyc on the 27th taper was to end on the 24th and i feared being in nyc hard with drawaling