• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cure of stimulant induced emotional blunting

superlux437

Greenlighter
Hello,

recently I have been prescribed Medikinet retard (Methylphenidate) to combat my ADHD symptoms. After trying it for the first time I have to say: yes it works. For the first time in my life I can focus, concentrate etc. It changes everything completely. The only thing I have to complain about is the emotional blunting (dysphoria) that occurs.
I have tried lowering the dose but by doing so the positive effects of being able to focus, calmness etc. are not as strong as I would like them to be. So I´m interested in finding a solution for this problem. The thing is, that after being on this medication I realized how hyper I really am and I don´t want to go back...
So, option-wise, what can I do to reduce this emotional blunting ? There is another side effect that really annoys me and that is that of having much less motivation to do things. When I´m not medicated I always try to do things etc. but after taking ritalin I often just want to lay down and sleep. Often it have to take a nap because it makes me that sleepy...
So my ideas are combining ritalin with some other agents to reduce the effective dose in order to get rid of the emotional blunting. Right know I have some wellbutrin XL 150mg laying around here and would like to know, if you guys think that this would be a good option to start with.
What about guanfacine and cloidine ? Have anybody experience combining both in order to get rid of emotional blunting and reduce the dose of efficiency of ritalin ?
Are there any experts here in this forum that could explain why I feel demotivated and sleepy on ritalin ?

Thx in advance

Have you tried Adderall yet? Do you get the same effect from that?

Take it on a full stomach and it will have completely different effects. Your empty stomach is why it makes you tired.

Methylphenidate is a adhd med notorious for it's disproportional side effects. I was on it and experienced the emotial aspect it was quite pronounced as I recall. But I could forget about sleeping the extremely short period it works, and then it does do a wonderfull job if you can somehow ignore or blunt the cardiovasculair and other side effects.

Don't combine your Methylphenidate with guanfacine and clonidine http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/PediatricAdvisoryCommittee/UCM317388.pdf or with bupropion/ wellbutrin. No link on that last one but seems just like an disaster at worst, 2 different kinds of shitty drugs working on the same neurotransmitters. Stay with Methylphenidate,

you could check if dex(tro)amphetamin is available in spain, imo scores way better emotional wise worst side effect dry mouth. But as motivator/ booster powerful rushy adhd med ritalin works best but oh the side effects. Don't forget don't combine the things you have with ritalin.

Have you tried any of them three by themselves? I only took wellbutrin xr and found it worthless shit that ruined 2 gram of methylone as it apperently blocks it's action. Spanish methylone to be precise. Good luck Lux I hope you ll find a good balance eventually, and hopefully dexamphetamine. Try Ashwhaganda if your up to herbs, it's the only one I will recommend out of all the loads I trialed on myself. Goes great wih anything.

Last edited:
methylphenidate is an awful med idk how anyone can tolerate it. It has such a short duration and the crash is brutal. The emotional blunting is pretty much unavoidable I'd definitly recommend switching to amphetamine, it has a much longer duration and a less harsh crash and emotional blunting effect.