• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cure an awful alcohol hangover?

bishop912

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: I searched for a thread such as this and didn't find one so I hope this hasn't already been done.

You guys know what I'm talking about, those terrible headaches, stomach pains, and overall discomfort after a long night of drinking. How do all of you deal and/or "cure" a killer hangover? There are plenty of tradition methods such as drinking coffee, eating certain greasy foods, or just chugging a ton of water but do any of you have specific and unique ways to stop the pain?

I personally just drink a shit ton of water the night of and then wake up early and take a bunch of acetaminophen or other pain killers, but back when I used to smoke bud a small bit of that would go a long way to at least taking away the stomach pain and part of the headache. :)

And yes, I am a college student so drinking booze is part of my weekend/weekday routine....Share your methods!

more alcohol?

That's been my hangover cure when I was still drinking. Only thing that seems to actually work.

A bowl of good weed and a half gallon of chocolate milk.

I'm pretty sure this method might even cure cancer.

^Ew, I think my stomach would palpitate in terror at chocalate milk during a good hangover....then again, I tend to find coffee works well, drink enough to be shaking like a leaf kinda overrides the alchhohol shakes. Or amplifies it. It really depends....weed is a must though.

Ham-milton said:
more alcohol?

That's been my hangover cure when I was still drinking. Only thing that seems to actually work.
Ditto, even If I had to go to work the next day, an extra shot or two held me until I got off, hahahaha.

Most B vitamins, V8 (especially the banana/strawberry kind w/ potassium), reasonable amount of water, electrolytes, a couple fat bowls throughout the day and uninterrupted sleep. Although I've been way too hung over to even consider swallowing a pill several times. Drinking too much can cause you to piss out all your water solubles (salts, vitamins, etc). A nice banana seems to help

i always try to sweat the alcohol out and drink a shit ton of water , maybe eat some bread or crackers or somthin like that

works for me

Water and cheese before bed is a good prevention measure. After care, more water and weetabix

As I recall, taking an aspirin before hand (or is it Ibu?) prevents hangovers significantly.

Seriously I would always wake up take a nice big beer or liquor shit smoke a bowl and jump in the pool. That was always my rutine and it always worked. If you have to puke that always helps alot too.

Advice from a professhional hangover-getter

I drank a litre or more daily for 4 years. I became so aware of the cures I at one point was going to publish this advice in a booze-proof spiral bound book.

Acetaminophen does nothing at all, except turn the remaining un-metabolized alcohol in the liver into something even worse. Don't even bother with this crap.

Here's what you should do if you wake up destroyed.

First asses the situation. All these things can only help if available though.

You will be dehydrated, so that should be your first prororiety. This is cured with a single propel or gatorade (I choose the former so I don't get fat) followed by a large amount of water. Do not just drink those sports beverages as large amounts of them will make you sick most likely.

The next thing to do is to take care of the symptoms as the most severe first in line.

If the stomach is irritated and burning, nexium works the best, prilosec otc next and tums last. Other medications are not as effective in alcohol-related stomach irriation, but will work.

Next, kill the pain. My proven effective "The good-morning cocktail" is as follows: Effective mild dose of percocet/vicodin/codiene(yeah they have acita to, but it's worth it for the relief it provides due to the narcotic), followed by a SINGLE xanax/valium/other mild benzo, and a half to whole 200mg caffiene tablet. If the fun drugs are not available, and you can stomach it, 400-800mg of ibuprophen will be the next best thing available. Weed can also supplement the benzos, but it's not as effective and if you are like me, you don't like getting stoned.

This cocktail never fails. It will kill your headache, muscle cramps and steady your nerves. Don't overload the caffiene, you want just enough to keep you up and running.

After this, take a b12 and vitamin c supplement like EMERGEN-C and 600mg milk thistle to repair your damages cells, then eat a hearty breakfast like the ulster fry(irish/scottish breakfast with eggs, beans, sausage and bread) to soak up the booze and provide good nutrients.

Take another dose of meds if the cocktail wears off, and take some milk thistle later on in the evening. Also want some even better advice?

EXERCISE. You will sweat out the toxins. HST did it everyday!

Drink a half to whole gallon of water druing the day, and you should be good to go!

1L water, one beer (or a coke) and a joint usually works for me.

Yeah excercise is the best if you can be arsed. The weed route is a bit risky, I find about one time in three a spliff will make me feel 10x worse.

Shower and a clean of the teeth helps as well, and a nice big shit ;)

Water, eggs, banana and an orange. That will replace what you've lost whilst drinking. The only thing missing will be sleep. Get that and you're good to go.

Oh and if I smoke weed when I'm hungover I whitey like a cunt. It's not fair :(

a couple glasses of water, and ginger tea with a little bit of lemon juice in it.

if i smoke a bowl when i am almost over the hangover it helps me feel better, but if i smoke when the hangover is still pretty bad it usually just makes it worse