• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Curcumin as an aramatose inhibitor

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So I think I’m having some aramotose stuff going on. My at is too high of that I’m certain. I am exploring natural AIs. Obviously they won’t be as effective as prescription but maybe that’s a good thing. Think I just need a little help from them.

What do you think of its efficacy and safety for this purpose? What dose would you start with? I know it’s not potent but still interested.

“Figure 8. Effect of curcuminoids on CYP19A1 activity. A dose-response profile is shown indicating the inhibition of aromatase by curcuminoids. A preparation of endoplasmic reticulum obtained from JEG3 placental cells was used as a source of aromatase activity, and tritium-labeled androstenedione was used as a substrate. The CYP19A1 reaction was monitored by calculating the amount of tritiated water released by CYP19A1 during the aromatization of androstenedione. A known inhibitor of CYP19A1, anastrozole (100 nM) was used as a positive control. Curcuminoids showed a small effect on CYP19A1 activity 6.25 µg/mL and higher inhibition was observed at 12.5, 25, 50, and 100 µg/mL concentrations of curcuminoids, indicating natural curcuminoids present in C. longa are not potent inhibitors of aromatase activity. Data are presented as the mean and standard deviation of three independent replicates. One-way ANOVA was used as a statistical method to compare each sample with the control (Ctrl) giving significant results at * p < 0.05 and ** p < 0.001.”

I don't think they would be very useful. Concentrations in the microgram range to get inhibition is pretty high especially in not just an in vitro assay but they separated the endoplasmic reticulum from the cell to get the compound at the target. This makes me suspect that taking curcuminoids orally would not do anything to inhibit aromatase in any meaningful fashion.

I don't think they would be very useful. Concentrations in the microgram range to get inhibition is pretty high especially in not just an in vitro assay but they separated the endoplasmic reticulum from the cell to get the compound at the target. This makes me suspect that taking curcuminoids orally would not do anything to inhibit aromatase in any meaningful fashion.
Thanks man. Not going to try it then.