• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Curbing all day weed smoking?

Way|0st

Ex-Bluelighter
As of the last 3 weeks i've only started smoking after 5pM.

In the past sometimes i would wake at 2am and smoke then sleep and start smoking again once i woke up. When i was in my early 20's it was still fun but now it seems pointless as i really don't get that high.

What kind of routine (or tricks) do some of you guys n gals have to prevent urself from becoming weed saturated ?? 8(

I think i like this board the best I'll post here most lol.
You can't to be honest, if your dabbing or nything your tolerance is just gonna become nuts and you wont get high nymore like you used to. Smoking can become such a comfort ritual and become such a relflective process, it'd be just like a cigarette to nicotine smoker. Unless you seriouly cut back and go dry for awhile, and then cut way down when you do come back thus changing the preparation and ritualistic process, it'll be this way for awhile longer till it goes down again

I go for like a week maybe two without, just let my mind come back a bit, then i go light, maybe 1.5 a night just a joint and bowl, then its not to bad of a tolerance, :)

ya you are dead right....the first 7 days i didn't smoke at all. but yea taking complete days off from smoking is the only way to rekindle that high. i probably smoke 2 - 3 joints at most , after 5 pm.

but i really struggle taking complete days off . but since i am smoke free for most of the day i find my sleep is better (longer) and my appetite is a little better.

as my appetite starts to become less and less over weeks of smoking all day

Sometimes I have one special day a week to smoke, like Friday because then the workweek is done and I can just chill. Use it as a reward for good behavior. Definately helps keep the high fresh.

Personally I tried the reduce the amount consumed by starting later in the day and spacing out bowls but I just found this frustrating and it did not have much of an effect on my tolerance. I would recommend taking a tolerance break for two reasons: It will reduce your tolerance so smoking is worth it again and it will also break you out of the rhythm, habit of smoking. You will probably find it difficult and will think about smoking often but the cravings fade after a little while and you readjust to having your reality being a little bit dimmer.

When you come back it will be easier to establish a new routine. Maybe just smoke in the last few hours of the night? Or only smoke at weekends? I can only say that for me personally method 2 worked over tapering but you may have different results. Still this is what I did and it worked.