L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Cultivation Paranoia / My Stupid Boyfriend

saramajara

Bluelighter
So this is kind of about pot, kind of about my relationship...

So my boyfriend has begun growing some herbs in his garden in our shared space. Although they are in the very early stages and its very few plants it makes me very nervous as I'm currently on felony drug probation. Additionally he was tripping one day and decided he would take his pre-teen daughter down there and explain to her all about growing and smoking it, as well as the culture an legality surrounding it. Initially when I said it was okay for him to have a few plants it was because we agreed not to tell a soul. Now he has the whole neighborhood and his children helping him water!!! What the fuck do I do? I feel like demanding that he destroy his crop would be cruel, he's spent so much time and money on it, and we are extreamly poor. I don't have the finances to move out, and I don't have anyone I could stay with for more than a day or two. Is there a way I can deny knowledge of them of he does get busted and not get in trouble? What the hell can I do?
Please don't give me shit about parenting, the kids don't live with us and they're not mine. And don't tell me I should have cut this off in the beginning, I had no idea he was going to run his mouth to the world. We've been together for 4 years. Leaving him or kicking him out isnt an option.

The only solutions I can come to are..
A. Destroy the plants in the night
B. have a serious conversation with him about the danger he's putting me in
C. Demand that he grow somewhere else

C. He's got to move them today. Or you have to leave. Or he has to leave.

It's totally uncool of him to grow weed when you're on probation. If he doesn't see this, he's either clueless or doesn't care about you. Either way, you and the grow should not be in the same space. I don't know the legal side of whether or not a discovery of his grow could violate your probation, but it's not worth finding out.

Do you think it's hypocritical that I said he could have them in the beginning but now I'm not comfortable with it?

Do you think it's hypocritical that I said he could have them in the beginning but now I'm not comfortable with it?

No, because you made a deal with him and he broke it.

Tell him to move them.

Uhm , probation differs ..they probably won't check on you but I would at least want him to hide it so that you can deny knowing of it if Sht ever hits the fan and no smoking or cooking it in the house/around you ..

but you you shouldn't make him go clean just bc u got caught .

its all about comprise ....make it fair for both of you and explain to him that this is really unfair for you and dangerous to the point you might have to leave so if he could just wait until you're off probation ...

I'm not worried about my probation officer finding it, I'm more worried that bc he has such a big mouth and it seems like everyone In the neighborhood knows. I'm scared someone who knows will get busted for something unrelated, and give information about us in exchange for a reduced sentence or lesser charges. We live in a high traffic drug neighborhood, which is both good and bad.
Additionally I was on probation way before he started growing and said he could with the understanding that no one knows about it, and Initially I told him I'd like to wait a few months til we have more money and can make the investment, as well as my probation possibly ending in two moths. We also just narrowly escaped a federal pot bust at our old house, by moving out just days before it happened. but i know our names were part of the investigation. and even though this was months ago the police havnt once contacted us, which makes me think they could still be trying to build a case. ( even tho we wernt involved with the other business ) my boyfriend also thinks his phone is tapped by the feds. but then again he is a mentally ill crack addict.

But I came home from work one day and he had taken acid and already germinated all the seeds with his daughter. The seeds we spent money on, so i already felt like it was too late for me to stop. And now and he keeps putting more time and money into it it keeps getting Harder. Our power is scheduled to get cut off next week and part of me just wants to let it happen so his plants will die and we can stop paying for the lights. I know I just need to man up and confront him tho.

seriously this plan is very stupid.

if they were gonna bust you they got tabs on you.

it needs to stop now. his dughter won t like visiting him in jail.

its all very shortsighted and stupid

I whole heartedly agree. It's not just stupid, it's retarded. Thsnkyou all for validating my feelings and concerns. Bye bye boyfriend

Let him move out if he chooses his plants over you. Sorry but he's not ideal. He's selfish!

Well soon as you tell ONE person your plan is fucked.

So from personal experience I can tell you there is a huge difference between growing them and vegatating them in terms of risk. Those things smell.

Also I knew some dudes who grew weed in their back yard. They showed everyone and swore them to secrecy. Well someone got caught with a dime bag or something and took out paper on them and dropped dime. Thing was if it had not have been that person it would have been someone else because everyone knew about it.

I remember being at a bar and overhearing people talk about how stupid so and so were for growing weed in their backyard. I didn't even know the people haven't the conversation but I knew exactly who they were talking about.

Well since you both live together you are gonna get the same charges. So he needs to move his plants out or if he had half a brain just grow somewhere else because its not like weed doesn't grow fast. It might have worked if you had it in a self contained environment and something to pump out the smell, something to divert all the electrictity, and something to contain the heat because it is very risky to grow indoors and downright dumb to tell people.

So yeah you are so going to get caught if you keep on with this unless you have a super awesome lab and not that many people know but even then yeah its fucking risky. So fucking risky that you should get out because you obviously do not want to be a part of it and it doesn't sound like this dude is a criminal mastermind.

So yeah if it was me and I had a gf who was growing pot and everyone and their mama knew, I would tell her to get the plants out and if she is mad she can go to.