• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Cube

Rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cube is a great movie; its mix of sci-fi, the surreal, and good old action is unique among the films I've seen.

after hearing a lot of hype about this film for a while from a lot of people, i finally watched this film- and i LOVED IT!!!

i really liked the simplicity of the whole movie- one set, a handful of actors, no extras. and yet whatever they were dealing with was so complex. i liked the ending as well- sometimes the ones you're vouching for don't make it, and that's just the way it is. and we never did find out how they all got in there and why... but that doesn't really bother me.

The movie's premise reminds me a lot of the original Twilight Zone episode "The Unloved". For those who haven't seen that one, it concerns a random group of people who wake up in a giant cylindrical room with no memory of their past or how they got there. The ending is totally is totally different from Cube, but the similarities are interesting.

Bump - out of curioisity if anyone's seen this in recent years - any of the films in the series (I think there were 3?).

I watch the cube semi-regularly, it's great.
cube 2:hypercube is awful, a straightforward rehash of the original but without any of the charms of the first. changing the cube from dark, stuffy reds and blues to bright white really takes away the claustrophobic/horror atmosphere and the addition of truly awful cgi effects detracts from it too (that CGI triangle monster was so rubbish haha).
cube zero, the prequel, however i found enjoyable, getting more of an insight into the purpose of the cube was great and the idea of "just following orders" type employees operating the traps was a good one.

Bump - out of curioisity if anyone's seen this in recent years - any of the films in the series (I think there were 3?).
OK... this is a bit strange... coz I downloaded and watched Cube about two weeks ago and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Forgot that Ezri Dax was in it: "...it's ASTRONOMICAAAAAL...!!!"

I have the other two films on the server to watch, but haven't got around to doing so. Think I've seen the second one, but not the prequel.

Just as a matter of absolute non-interest, I think Cube was the first VHS cassette I ever hired when I got a Blockbuster card back in the day.

Told you it wasn't very interesting.

Love it! The atmosphere is great, the characters are great, the end is kind of meh, but overall I don't feel it takes away from the film as a whole. I'd say it's in my top 15 favorite movies.

The sequel is bad.... but for some reason if I see it on I'll still watch it. I think it's because they main guy from Forever Night is in it. The sex scene is just god awful, funny/awkward/wtf.

I've not seen the third.

Think I've seen the second one, but not the prequel.
Holy shit... the prequel is absolute garbage! :D

Crappy, camp and just plain poor acting, shit set design, and a totally nonsensical story. Death scenes aren't a patch on the earlier installments, either.

It almost ruins the achievements of the first two films (or at least the first film).

This is still one of my favourite films. I am yet to introduce Busty to its awesomeness, so I think I'll have to get it over the next couple of days. :D

i think i still haven't seen either of the sequels.

or maybe they are so bad i have banished them from my memory (this has actually happened before)

Second one was OK, but lacked the intensity of the first. Still worth a watch.

The third instalment suffered from some shocking acting and a wilful destruction of the mystery of the series.

EDIT: Oh, wait... I already said that in 2010! :D ^^

I saw this movie many years ago and I refuse to ever see it again. I remember sometime after I had watched it that a radio station was discussing it; one of the voice personalities described it as a movie that will only make you break out in severe cold sweats and nausea--and that is exactly what it did to me. It wasn't so much that I was frightened by Cube, but rather disturbed. I suppose I would give the film a thumbs up overall though, it just wasn't for me.

I love the cube series. Cube, Cube 2: Hypercube, and Cube Zero. Yeah often the acting wasn't very great, the story line was a little weird, etc., but they are classics. Just solidly good suspense gore movies. I remember first watching the first movie when I was a kid (8-13 I believe), and loving it. I had a friend when I was in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grade whose house I went over to often to watch movies, and his parents never gave a shit about most movies we watched (violence, gore, etc. didn't matter, I think sex was more a big deal), so I watched movies like Cube and the Alien Series loving them.