• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants (CrystalClear) Mindfuck injecting crystal

Lattinopapi

Greenlighter
So I started using crystal meth for 2 and half years. I started injecting about 6/9 months into that experience . For a good year i never hit myself. I always had someone there to do it for me.

offcourse I know now that the day came where I needed to take control of this intimate experience and “Learn” to do it myself. It was like riding a bike.

I was good . My arms are in great condition . Well life hit the fan and insurrdnedered my life to recovery for about 3 years until I decided to make the choice to use again.

the point of this post is. I can’t seem to hit myself anymore. It’s like psychological mindfuck everytime . I can Pierce the skin. I hate it sooo much🥲. I just freeeze up with the needle close to my skin . I think it’s a
I can admin other people but my body won’t let me do it. It’s like there is a mental block . The only thing I can come up with is I “learned to love myself” more or some nonsense like that . Anyway I don’t like not having control and this experience is so intimate and I just want to take back that power. I’m looking for others with similar experiences to tell me what they did recover their ability to hit. I need to be able to do it myself again

I dont know the answer, but I used to inject years ago and stopped, and when i watch movies or videos with people shooting im sort of disgusted. I'm sure I could inject myself if I wanted to I suppose.

Reactions: Ds
I thought i couldn't hit anymore but it ended up being my blood was too thick for the needle. I couldn't draw back blood. Taking an aspirin fixed it.

my blood was too thick for the needle. I couldn't draw back blood.
I’m just speaking in general Sim, I mean zero offense at all, just wanna make sure this said. 🙏🏻🖤
~ Also this is a sign of dehydration to anyone seeing this, who may/may not be affected by a similar situation.

I went 7 years without IV use and decided to IV after 7 years one day. It was like I never missed a beat. It was like coming home and the rush (dilaudid) blew me away like the very first time.

I only IVed about 3 more times after that re-start because I've read too much ot the IV complications thread on BL and see a few friends die from blood infection and ppl get infected with Hep C that weren't even sharing rigs (these were the things that got me to stop IV the first time).

When I tell ppl in recovery that I stopped IV use but still kept abusing opioids for years after....they don't believe me. I mean these are ppl that don't even know what a micron filter is amd think the brown specs in ecstacy pills are heroin so I don't really respect their opinions a whole lot. They seem to think harm reduction is bullshit and you either get clean or IV speedballs into your jugular with no middle ground

Last edited:
I went 7 years without IV use and decided to IV after 7 years one day. It was like I never missed a beat. It was like coming home and the rush (dilaudid) blew me away like the very first time.

I only IVed about 3 more times after that re-start because I've read too much ot the IV complications thread on BL and see a few friends die from blood infection and ppl get infected with Hep C that weren't even sharing rigs (these were the things that got me to stop IV the first time).

When I tell ppl in recovery that I stopped IV use but still kept abusing opioids for years after....they don't believe me. I mean these are ppl that don't even know what a micron filter is amd think the brown specs in ecstacy pills are heroin so I don't really respect their opinions a whole lot. They seem to think harm reduction is bullshit and you either get clean or IV speedballs into your jugular with no middle ground
Yeah I can’t stand those people lol when I told them in rehab that this wasn’t working for me and I would do probably go on suboxone or methadone maintenance they said “oh you’d be better off going back out and using” and “you’ll end up in the gutter in under a week”

anyway it all ended up working out for me despite the 12-steppers reticence

as for OP: you just gotta get through that initial reluctance (which I have experienced after breaks) to puncture the skin and I guarantee you’ll be right back on board lol

This is something most junkies have faced at some point in their (early?) "careers". I'm 100% sure OP will just force himself to do it. You only have to do it once and after that it's a cakewalk every time. Re-experiencing the rush and the relief you get from it is all that is needed to reprogram you back to your old habits, 100% guaranteed.