• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Crystal meth induced urinary retention

The thing I hate certain batches cramp and constrict my muscles anyone know anything to help with that?
Where your limbs become all tingly like pins & needles? It's just dehydration & probably some vitamin defficiency stuff happening on top of your body already working overtime with limited nutrients to expel a drug its not used to, and after not sleeping for a day or more. Perfect storm really.

This used to happen to me really bad every time I'd come down for maybe the first year of infrequent use (I had limited access to the stuff and no consistent plugs back then, so probably twice a month on average, more or less).
Mind you, this was nasty biker crank so I wonder how much of the crash was because of that.

Even if I only stayed up one night, I could always expect to get sick once the sun started coming up and those birds start chirping, to the point where I'd get this unbearable nauseous feeling combined with some of the worst anxiety you can imagine. Like a writhing sensation in the core of my stomach but connected to my mind, if that makes sense.
Mostly this ended with me puking bile and making various deals with God to just let me sleep. This was before discovering the wonders of Ativan or even having access to them without an urgent care visit.

Sorry for the long winded post, my point is, these types of shitty rebound effects aren't uncommon with many people, early on.
If none of that applies to you or its not enough to scare you out of using again, just force yourself to eat, drink lots of Gatorade/Pedialite, and always allow at least a couple hours of eyes shut/lights off rest time each night, preferably before sunrise.

Last edited:
How much were you drinking water during this binge? It’s clear that you were dehydrated but you think this could have been avoided by a regular water break? It’s hard to do sometimes, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting in this bad of a state from meth dehydration outside of a rave or something similar.

How much were you drinking water during this binge? It’s clear that you were dehydrated but you think this could have been avoided by a regular water break? It’s hard to do sometimes, but I’ve never heard of anyone getting in this bad of a state from meth dehydration outside of a rave or something similar.
Sometimes drinking too much water can lead to those exact symptoms (cramping/muscle weakness) where you're just flushing everything out, good or bad.

Sometimes drinking too much water can lead to those exact symptoms (cramping/muscle weakness) where you're just flushing everything out, good or bad.
OP was given fluids which stabilized the condition in hospital.