• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crystal meth and cosmetic dermal (facial) fillers

Artist12000

Greenlighter
Has anyone received cosmetic facial fillers restylane/juvaderm eta. As well as Botox while still smoking crystal meth?
I have only been using meth daily for 3 weeks. I had previously only touched it years ago 1 or 2 times years apart. I quit today. It's gone. I know the high risk of relapse with CM.
Anyone with experience with this responding would be greatly appreciated. Ty everyone

What are you actually asking here? Have you recently quit meth but are planning on getting botox and facial fillers? Or are you asking if its safe to get these procedures done while on meth? If so you shouldn't do it the day of the actual procedure but otherwise it's not like meth will affect the botox or vice versa...why would you expect it to? Or are you asking about if anyone has felt the need to have botox because of meth prematurely ageing them? If so I would guess that the kind of meth users who get to the stage where it's written all over their appearance that they're a tweaker probably have stopped caring enough about how they look to get those kinds of procedures done.

If you're saying that you want to have these procedures done because of what meth has done to your face, then I think you're acting way too hastily. You were only on it for 3 weeks, any negative effect its had on your skin/face will be reversed given a little time. Personally I think botox and cosmetic procedures like that make the person look terrible anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I have quit crystal meth for today. I know that there is a high relapse within withdrawl period. I am familiar with alcohol abuse and withdrawal although I quit drinking with the occasional 1-2 day lasting relapse rarely.

My question is if I relapse because of blood vessel construction vascular issues with smoking meth, would it affect the results of the fillers/Botox.? Found very little info on the net regarding this. I would NOT be smoking the day before or the day of the procedure. ( I know you are not supposed to drink the night before it take Tylenol etc. because it thins out your blood and causes bruising to be more prevalent. Although I have done both before and never had an issue.
As for cosmetic fillers and Botox go. I have done it for a year and I get in moderation (very little). People who look terrible with these procedures are people who go overboard. When you just replenish the collagen that has been lost through aging.. You just look refreshed. If someone can tell you have had These procedures done. You have done too much.
And yes 3 weeks of smoking 4-5 times a day and sleeping every other day has changed my face. A lot is prob due to sleep dep./ eating less/ and the toxins of course.
Thanks so much for your response

And yes I forgot to mention that I have been getting these injections every 3-4 months for a year sober. So no I'm not getting it done specifically because of 3 weeks of smoking. To make it clearer. After 3 weeks of daily street bought crystal meth use is there a chance of a drug interaction/reaction. If I don't use the day of. Thanks!

You will be fine. Abstain the day before and the day of the procedure just so that the meths effect on your cardiovascular system doesn't fuck up the procedure and you'll be completely OK - meth indirectly ages your skin and face, so it's not as if it can directly interfere with the botox/dermal filler, so there won't be any interactions. However, seems a little counter-productive getting cosmetic procedures done whilst at the same time essentially saying that you have a high chance of using meth in the near future, no? A little pointless spending money on cosmetic procedures to make you look better when you voluntarily ingest the one drug that is notorious for prematurely ageing the users. You really don't sound committed to quitting, it sounds to me like in your mind you've already relapsed and are essentially planning for it. If you really want to quit then you need to change your mindset so that taking meth doesn't even seem like an option in your mind anymore.

I agree with you 100 percent. I think that because if my alcohol relapses that I have now become what I consider a realist, which has turned into pessomism and low self esteem in that area.

I have been a successful working model since 20 yrs old . I'm 37 and still working. If it weren't for my job and Source of income I would not be as concerned about keeping this appointment. I know the Devastation of meth now. When I tried it 3 weeks ago, lapse in judgement I was not at all familiar with the drug or any hard drug for that matter besides alcohol. Because of my highly addictive personality and fear of Comedown I have stupidly continued these weeks. It's not even fun at this point. I just become obssessive and research the odds of quitting and any info I can find on the drug. I have read hundreds of posts for hours.
I WIll quit. I have been through horrific, life threatening alcohol withdrawals where I have not eaten or drank fluids for up to 10 days binge drinking. Hallucination dt's etc. But I can easily go months without even thinking of a drink. I am a binger in every sense of the word.
I think I can handle this meth comedown. But.... The relapse rate of meth because of psych affects on brain is what scares me. Just trying to be prepared I guess.
Thanks so much for your advice.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100 percent. I think that because if my alcohol relapses that I have now become what I consider a realist, which has turned into pessomism and low self esteem in that area.

I have been a successful working model since 20 yrs old . I'm 37 and still working. If it weren't for my job and Source of income I would not be as concerned about keeping this appointment. I know the Devastation of meth now. When I tried it 3 weeks ago, lapse in judgement I was not at all familiar with the drug or any hard drug for that matter besides alcohol. Because of my highly addictive personality and fear of Comedown I have stupidly continued these weeks. It's not even fun at this point. I just become obssessive and research the odds of quitting and any info I can find on the drug. I have read hundreds of posts for hours.
I WIll quit. I have been through horrific, life threatening alcohol withdrawals where I have not eaten or drank fluids for up to 10 days binge drinking. Hallucination dt's etc. But I can easily go months without even thinking of a drink. I am a binger in every sense of the word.
I think I can handle this meth comedown. But.... The relapse rate of meth because of psych affects on brain is what scares me. Just trying to be prepared I guess.
Thanks so much for your advice.

The relapse rate for meth is indeed quite high, however if you compare it to the relapse rate for heroin it will seem less daunting. If I'm understanding you, three weeks ago was your first time trying meth, and then that led to one continuous three week binge? Is that correct? If so then you should really be more positive - the chance of a relapse for meth, and for that matter any drug of abuse, increases exponentially with the length of your habit. Since this has essentially been one long binge you have a very good chance of quitting for good now if you just put your mind to it. Believe it or not, this is going to be the easiest time for you to quit - every relapse will just make it harder to stay away the next time and increase your chances of struggling with meth addiction for years & years to come.

Obviously, I can't speculate on the extent of any damage to your brain that this three week binge has inflicted. As you've been researching it I'm sure you know that meth is very neurotoxic and you can't binge on meth without sustaining some kind of damage to your neurons. The good news is that at the moment it's likely that this damage is reversible, and if you take care of yourself you have a good chance of your brain adjusting and hopefully by the time you regain homeostasis your mind will be as close to its pre-meth state as possible. However, the more you go back to meth, and the longer you stay on it, the more damage you are going to do. You will inevitably eventually cross the line at which point your brain's neurogenesis will no longer be able to compensate for the damage that the meth has done, and your cognition, your mood & your energy levels will suffer, perhaps forever. The longer you go on the higher the risk of coming out the other side with depression or, even worse, psychosis.

I don't mean to be harsh here, but I'm sure you already realize that as a model your appearance is everything. Your livelihood depends on it. And I don't want to offend you, but at 37 your peak modelling years have already passed. You're going to be competing with younger, perkier & hotter girls all the time. This may not be a problem, you can age gracefully, take care of yourself, and still get modelling jobs for a long time to come. However, adding meth to the equation will soon change that. Modelling jobs available for 40 year old tweakers are going to be few and far between. I can hardly imagine a worse drug for an ageing model to take than crystal meth. If you keep using meth then it will start to take longer and longer in between binges for the dark circles under your eyes to fade, for your skin to recover and for you to return to looking healthy and attractive, and eventually - it could be sooner or it could be later - the changes to your appearance will not fully reverse no matter what, and you'll look prematurely aged no matter how many cosmetic procedures/surgery you have.

I don't mean to alarm or insult you. Reading between the lines it seems to me as if you're in two minds right now - part of you wants to quit but another part of you is obsessing about relapsing. I know what it's like, I've been exactly where you are now. I could be wrong here, but it appears as if you are reading about the high relapse rate and are using those statistics to rationalize to yourself relapsing. You're framing it in your mind as an inevitability and removing your sense of agency in the matter to allow yourself to use again. You need to get it into your mind that you cannot touch meth, ever again. Your three week binge following your very first use has proven that you're a full on meth addict waiting to happen. Some people can use meth recreationally, and you are not one of those people. Please fight through. It will be a battle at first not to relapse but it will get easier & easier. You may feel extremely depressed & hopeless & anhedonic at times, but all you have to do is not use meth again and you will be moving forwards towards recovery. Your cravings may seem overwhelming at times, but every single time you push them out your mind and say 'No' to yourself, the easier it will become. I recommend going to a local Narcotics Anonymous meeting (or some places even have Meth Anonymous), I've found that N.A. and the 12 step approach to be a huge help and a source of strength and inspiration. Good luck.

Very helpful. Thank you. I think I am negatively affecting my chances of relapse by obsessing over it. I know myself as an addict well enough now to know that there will be an extremely rough period. But once over the hump and with some sobriety under your belt it gets MUCH easier.
Yes, the worst drug for premature aging by far. The days of magazine covers are over at this point for me anyway ?. I still do a lot of catalog and skincare jobs at this point. But yes it's still my living. Besides that my happiness and health is at stake. Thank you for the invaluable advice.

This can be dangerous and bring adverse effects when you undergo a dermal fillers treatment London based. I would suggest consulting this matter directly with your cosmetic doctor. Since they will conduct the procedure, their advice about your situation is very important. Moreover, it is also a good idea to do some research and reading about crystal meth to increase your understanding regarding this. Hope this helps!

Wow, besides Botox, this is the first time I've ever heard about the crystal meth. This is so weird. I thought that the maximum face can be filled only with Botox and the face will become completely emotionless. the majority of the population on this planet. For example, I consider it normal to do rhinoplasty of the nose, but I consider it stupid to pump my face with Botox so that no wrinkles are visible. For example, my sister made herself rhinoplasty seattle, and now she has a beautiful nose and this is normal. But to hide the wrinkles , this is not normal.

Last edited:
The relapse rate of meth because of psych affects on brain is what scares me.
I just become obssessive and research the odds of quitting and any info I can find on the drug. I have read hundreds of posts for hours.

You said it yourself. You have become obsessed with researching the detox and etc. Don’t be so hard on yourself. And don’t psyche yourself out so much. You’ve only been using for 3 weeks.