Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

crystal discussion

Quartz crystals are used for:

* Healing
* Meditation
* Chakra Balancing
* Protection
* Changing bad vibrations

Quartz crystals are used in expanding the mind to touch the spirit world. Crystals are used to enhance the beneficial life force. Crystal water (water that a quartz crystal has been placed) has been drunk for its healthy benefits for centuries.

sounds like some new age gibberish to me.

Mainly you'd do it if you did have an understanding of crystals.

I had always thought it was new-age gibberish too, until I actually had several tryptamine experiences dramatically enhanced by various powerful crystals.

If you haven't tried it, you are not in a position to deny it.

Minerals speak very quietly but do have their own teachings to confer, just like entities of the plant or animal realms.

Of course mineral energy becomes massively amplified and fully operational when combined with a psychedelic.

I find the tektite Moldavite (formed 15 million yrs ago by meteor impact) to be especially well suited for dissociative excursions ;)

moldavite3.jpg

Flame away, ye noble upholders of the 'scientific' paradigm :)

Last edited:
Even having tried it puts you in no position to confirm this as truth. Ever hear of the placebo effect?

The only way to prove it would be through an extensive double blind study and even then it would be very difficult to quantify since there is already so much variability within a psychedelic experience.

I doubt you care though.

I put a sherm stick next to a kryptonite crystal. I tried going on a PCP-induced rampage but one whack of the officer's nightstick brought me down. So yeah, crystals can affect the psychedelic experience.

The only way to prove it would be through an extensive double blind study and even then it would be very difficult to quantify since there is already so much variability within a psychedelic experience.

I doubt you care though.

oh my. your statement is rather assumptive of RDBPC being the wholy grail, in stasis, of 'proving grounds'. imagine if you will science as a set of evolving tools, and let the illusory vails slip from obscuring the isness, mainly that technological developments make scientific axioms for todays kids of yesterdays arcane magick.

The RDB trials protocols are only ~50 or so years old anyhoo, i does me believe that the 'scientific method' predates the semi-agreed-upon clinical trials protocol by some years...

^ Well, there are many minerals/crystals that contain toxic quantities of copper, aluminum, arsenic, asbestos, mercury, lead, etc etc...

Often they are only contraindicated when taken internally, as in an elixir... though some should not even be handled.

I wouldn't consider them "bad" though, maybe just difficult or unsuitable for healing purposes... just as there are many plants or chemicals that are ambiguously poison/medicine.

:)

who or what is prompting or facilitating the transfer of whatever, in your opinion?

oh my. your statement is rather assumptive of RDBPC being the wholy grail, in stasis, of 'proving grounds'. imagine if you will science as a set of evolving tools, and let the illusory vails slip from obscuring the isness, mainly that technological developments make scientific axioms for todays kids of yesterdays arcane magick.

The RDB trials protocols are only ~50 or so years old anyhoo, i does me believe that the 'scientific method' predates the semi-agreed-upon clinical trials protocol by some years...

So how would you set about proving such a thing beyond a reasonable doubt? Do you have a better method that would avoid bias influence or are you saying that we don't need to worry about that?

Also, why are you typing like that?

Edit: Not really trying to poke fun at you BTW it just seems like your doing it on purpose.

Last edited:
who or what is prompting or facilitating the transfer of whatever, in your opinion?

Hmm well I don't pretend to fully understand it, nor do I necessarily "believe" it - it's more of a magickal meta-belief kind of thing - but I like to think of each crystal's atomic structure as its' energetic signature, or configuration. A light-grid, if you will.

(In parts of South America crystals are described as luz solidificada, "solidified light".)

Very much like psychedelic molecules, which are similarly specific manifestations of light/energy - tho the actual cosmic significance of their structures remains highly obscure ;)

So I don't really know what the situation is. Perhaps it is purely the resonance between the living cells of my body and the subtle energetic vibration of the mineral. Perhaps crystals contains a kind of holographic deva or spirit or entity, like those that some feel reside in plants...

Attempting to articulate how crystals work for me is very frustrating as I feel bereft of a vocabulary untainted by vague New-Age associations or residues. I am very conscious of the stupidity of most New Age thought/culture, and do not want to be associated with it.

I have no inclination whatsoever to somehow "quantify" my experiences - it's a personal thing, if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, then find something that does :)

All I know is that when I breathe gratitude through Fulgurite - a hollow tube of melted sand formed when lightning kisses the desert - the Universe receives it :)

fulgurite_90_2p.jpg

Attempting to articulate how crystals work for me is very frustrating as I feel bereft of a vocabulary untainted by vague New-Age associations or residues. I am very conscious of the stupidity of most New Age thought/culture, and do not want to be associated with it.
hahah sounds frustrating. Thanks for sharing. :)

So if there is no scientific foundation, why shouldn't this be in the spirituality section?

Because you might have to move 1/4 of your threads over there. ;)

I have no inclination whatsoever to somehow "quantify" my experiences - it's a personal thing, if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, then find something that does :)

Agreed Propyl, and an amethyst on my third eye while meditating on the beach on 150 mcs was more than I can quantify through a new age vocabulary. Astral planing comes to mind.

I'm not a new age bunny head either but crystals are interesting. For one they keep perfect time in a watch with a small spec of one. They also help me find a perfect vibrating note when I tune my guitar with a quartz tuner. Those can be quantified at least. Very interesting. If a guitar note which is vibration resonates then it's not a stretch (at least too much) that thoughts just may too. But who knows.