• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cryptix420: "MXE addicts justifying their abuse"

I'm not justifying anything :) It's fine that you choose to go without pain meds, I get it, you're so badass. Fact is that they are created so that you don't need to feel pain, you can meditate all you want but you will still feel pain. I bet you under go surgery without anesthetics because you don't believe in them. Good on you. Why should I have to justify taking the easy way? I don't. Meds work for me, so I take them. That's that.

you can meditate all you want but you will still feel pain

Ever heard of Thich Quang Duc? He was a vietnamese buddhist monk who sat down in the middle of a busy intersection and set himself on fire, remaining in the lotus position until he was nothing more than a pile of ashes. Bad ass mother fucker didn't even scream. Your point is null.

A vietnamese buddhist monk. Are you a vietnamise buddhist monk? How much of the world's population is able to do that? Pain meds have their purpose and hold their ground as quality medicine. My point stands. The fact that people are able to do such things doesn't change anything about the fact that some disorders simply require medication to be treated, and that has nothing to do with a junky justifying drug use.

Perhaps I am, perhaps I am not.

I think I jumped in this conversation at the wrong point... I was merely saying this is possible. I agree that pains medications have their purpose but the abundance of side-effects, some debilitating and mind-numbing in the long run, seem to me to barr us classifying them under the quality medicine banner. Although really no medicine does... we build these chemical machines to do our bidding and set them loose on extremely intricate and delicate biological materials, namely ourselves. Our bodies have evolved over billions of years, and here we are with our blind knowledge and guesswork intaking random pharmaceuticals left and right with absolutely no understanding of their long-term consequences. I agree some medications may be vital in certain cases, but the majority are used in cases that do not warrant them at all. It's like sending a combine harvester into a field to chop down a single weed. The carnage left behind will only be evident when the sun rises, and by then it'll be too late.

Sure, you make a point. I'm just going by myself as an example, and all I know is that ritalin has made my life ALOT better then it was before, and it's side-effects are something I will have to deal with. I tried going without but I started to fail classes, loose attention mid conversation ALL the time, forget my keys and pretty much anything else.

The difference when on/off meds is night and day and it really helps me and alot of other people with attention deficit disorder that I know. Alot of people think it's just the amphetamine effects, but it's not. I don't get hyper, I don't get any rush or euphoria, all it does is keep my head clear and focused and removes the "static". I haven't been this calm and happy in years and I don't have to dig in a sea of million thoughts to reach what I want...

So that's one example where IMO medications really do help and are for the best. Of course if we would have more knowledge some ugly facts about these things could turn up but the way I see it the benefits outweigh the negatives by far for me and in those cases medication is justified IMO. Let's stop derailing this thread though hehe :p

So...are you autistic? I am missing your point. It would be ideal were a drug able to 'fix depression' but were you any kind of spiritual path you would know this is not now, never has been, and never will be the case. Happiness comes from within, not any drug or external source.

Cryptix420 - I'm looking at the large view. Genes are subject to variations(or errors, depending on how you look at it). Survival favors those variations which result in survival. This is evolution. Humans have reached a point where we can save many, many more people than in hunter/gatherer times. This has resulted in variations surviving with the individual persons experiencing varying degrees of suffering. Would you tell a mentally disabled person to find their inner happiness(which is very vague with no definite instructions or guaranteed results). Or if a drug or device were to ease their suffering, is that unacceptable, they should tough it out, because your worldview says that's how it should be? I say use, and ease the suffering. I am not autistic, but I do have problems which I think are "wired in", just like I have an auto-immune disease which also causes suffering.

Don't kid yourselves kiddies. Mxe is not to be taken lightly. Daily use over long stretches of time DOES leave a long and painful withdrawal period behind.
Be careful with this, or better yet try it once, realize it's greatness and walk away. Continued dosing is insanity. You are not going to get to the same place.

Daily use of anything is bad... regular, frequent use of anything is bad. This includes MXE. Many people are able to use MXE responsibly, and many aren't. The same of true of any drug. MXE as a drug seems to be quite safe compared to many (though of course it's so new that this could be false... of course the same could be said of many, many substances these days). Just because some people have a problem with MXE doesn't mean the drug should be labeled as unsafe and bad. I find it to be a great drug, really top-notch. I use it sometimes and find great value in my experiences, and sometimes, just great fun... and there's nothing wrong with that.

Care should be taken with any drug. If you take MXE and find yourself using it more and more often in an uncontrollable way, then you shouldn't use it. Same with any drug.

MXE SAVED Me from HEROIN ADDICTION and RESET my brain, giving me a chance at a new life where the first thing that I think about is not an Opiate.

MXE is a TEACHER. MXE is BEAUTIFUL. If I had NEVER found this compound - I would still be SHOOTING HEROIN................OP You do not know about what you speak of. Take some blame on YOUR OWN CHOICES INSTEAD of blaming a drug.

Open you're MIND to what a Compound may be doing for OTHER PEOPLE -NOT just what it did for you. Maybe it didn't help YOU. Well GUESS WHAT - It SAVED ME.

MXE requires respect. MXE is as Addictive as LSD, or DMT, or Mushrooms. If you can't learn SELF CONTROL - Don't Order 10 Grams at a Time. Take Responsibility for your OWN ACTIONS.MXE is a BEAUTIFUL TEACHER, just like KETAMINE - It has it's own place in the lives of certain people who need it's help. I needed that help and am grateful for it.

MXE belongs in the same category as LSD AND DMT - and is even more helpful for some than KETAMINE.

MXE is as Addictive as Marijuana, or Sex - It just makes the things we enjoy in life that much more rewarding. It taught me a LOT about myself that I needed to learn. I'm very thankful for it's synthesis. This is what I meant to say in the first place. I think I was just annoyed by the OP at the time, being that the EU MXE Ban just went into effect not so long ago. I was attempting to add a positive comment about MXE and failed.

Thus - The Edit Button. My Apologies.

Last edited:
Please... Don't kid yourself, MXE can (and is or a lot of people) be addictive and it's certainly not "reefer madness" to point it out. How many B&D threads are we in? Like 15 or 16? If you can't see that MXE can be a problem for some whether they justify their massive abuse by praising it as some sort of holy grail or not, your blinded by bias. A drug certainly doesn't have to cause withdrawal to be "addictive", so stop acting like an asshat and going off the rails because someone has a difference of opinion.

You say "if you don't have anything nice to say about MXE don't say anything at all", well guess what... MXE is a drug first and this is a harm reduction forum so people should be encouraged to speak up if a substance is or has caused problems, and this goes for any substance. Is taking hate out on a drug right? Perhaps not but what your doing is certainly no better and I would argue even more extreme than the other side of the argument, and this is coming from someone with no hate for MXE (though I would definitely consider it pretty over-rated).

Ps. Aren't you the person who regularly went on the delusional tangents in the B&D threads? Anyways, I can't be pissed to argue for either side... I think Xorkoth said what what's on my mind. MXE, like any substance, can be abused and placed into the category of "addictive" but you'd be kidding yourself to argue for it with such bias as you have.

Last edited:
Meowfish, I'm not trying to bag on you but your entire ranting post makes the op seem somewhat valid.

People will delude themselves in order to justify there use.

Having said that, I found mxe to be very "more-ish", and I have always felt I had a pretty non-habit forming personality.
It's safe to say, as xorth has said, using anything regularly is bound to have side effects sooner or later.

I Stay Away From ALL the Research Chemicals the Well Studied and Widely Used Ones Are More than Enough Useful Variety Of Tools For My Desired Drug-Induced Effects But...... The Cheap Price And Easier To Get A Hold Of The Product Is Good Pros And Might Outweigh The Costs For People In Area's Where It Is Hard To Score Some Gear Of Any Kind Whether It Be Homegrown Cannabis Or Factory Made Cocaine with the Raw Ingredients and Cutting It Yourself So People don't Overdose on A Little Bump For Pure Blow Or Damn Close A Little Bump is more Like A HUGE BUMPY RIDE Instead Of the Little Cut Up Bunk Cocaine We Get where it Doesn't Grow Naturally..... That Does Nothing But Destroy Your Nose Minize Well Spend Thousands Of Dollars On Sand Paper with some Sulphuric Acid that cocaine inevitably even Pure Converts To And Acidicly Dissolves the Nose. Sorry For the Rant Everyone I Guess I just got Carried Away!

In favor of cryptix: I've said it before and I'll say it as many times as I need to: The use of hallucinogens at a rate greater than 3-6 times per year is abuse. Period. There isn't any evaluative aspect here, I'm not making a normative claim about abusers being bad people or anything like that. People are free to do as they please, though, and, in favor of the MXE abusers, MXE is probably at least one of the most interesting drugs to become addicted to, unlike the boring opiates and stimulants.

In favor of MXE: While drug abusers can come up with some pretty great "logic" to justify their use, Cryptix's arguments are pretty illogical themselves. So he has a bad experience combining a bunch of volatile drugs, and then just picks one of them to demonize. Then he sees the culture surrounding MXE on here and gets a little pissed at the mystics who don't share his "scientific" worldview and decides to make inflammatory comments ot get under their skin. Seems like a great, clear-headed way to start a constructive conversation doesn't it? 8)

I would go as far to assume that most people taking methoxetamine are also polydrug users; ergo there is an inherent risk of dangerous interactions.

This is just not valid logic at all. You're attributing things to MXE that have very little to do with MXE itself. The majority of people who take any drug that is stronger or more culturally taboo than alcohol, cigarettes, and marijuana are likely to be, at least, open to trying more than one drug. So dangerous interacts are inherent risk of taking potent drugs in the first place. MXE itself has nothing to do with this.

The fact is that regular use of a drug leads to dependency on it in some way. One depends on one's "regular life" to feel normal; and our habits converge into our regular life. If we have a habit of using a drug, then we rely on that drug to keep us feeling regular. This is a choice people have to make and accept the consequences in full view of double effect. If you're not doing that, then you're not in control of your life. That's the basic point, IMO. What you choose after that is up to you. And I think the mystics are quite right about a lot of things, except when it comes to the logic of their use.

Scientifically: People on the side of MXE and related hallucinogens also have to remember that ketamine has been discussed as an acute intervention into extreme cases of suicidal depression. That is, its dissociative qualities are a non-regular intervention into a mind that is literally on the verge of self-destruction. This has little to say right now, scientifically, about what benefits it could have for a mind that is self-regulating in a mostly healthy way.

Experientially: We have to remember that drugs can show us something, but they can't give us anything. We have to bring the understanding from the drug back into our sober lives. We must remain sober long enough to do this, that is, take long breaks between hallucinogenic use. I've personally ahd ketamine help to cure me of a very strong anxiety, but it required that I do enough self-work after the trip was over to keep modulating my anxiety. If I was reliant on the drug to modulate my anxiety, I would say the ketamine had been completely ineffective.

Last edited:
and heres the thing with MXE...it hits all the receptors....i think thats been discussed already if not here than in one of the 16 bid and dandys!

opiate, psych, benzo, dissoc.......it has all of them/.....i can't and won't get technical, cause i don't know it to that level.....all i know is it is IT....my fave of all time, and I'm sure there is a reason for that....cause i have poly drug abuse potential....and MXE hits it all for me in one easy dip of my finger

Mentally addictive, YES. Physical? NOPE. Been using it since it came out. Can easily polish off 5 grams in a week. Been blood tested multiple times while on the substance. Is it 100% safe? Hell no, but it's not nearly as bad as some of you are trying to make it out to be. Took months off without ANY WD symptoms.

How about y'all go enjoy your drugs and let me enjoy mine? GTFO of my business. This is just clever trolling. Nothing more. Enjoy wasting your time Cryptix420, you're done wasting mine.

and heres the thing with MXE...it hits all the receptors....i think thats been discussed already if not here than in one of the 16 bid and dandys!

opiate, psych, benzo, dissoc.......it has all of them/.....i can't and won't get technical, cause i don't know it to that level.....all i know is it is IT....my fave of all time, and I'm sure there is a reason for that....cause i have poly drug abuse potential....and MXE hits it all for me in one easy dip of my finger

Bullshit. It's a NMDA antagonist and mild SRI.

I find it has the potential to be habit forming as well. I only had 250mg and blew through that in 2 weeks. I felt the urge to use it every day. The only other drug that I have had the urge to do every day was opiates. Now, I am not comparing MXE to opiates at all but, I definitely craved the similar euphoria feelings that were induced by a low MXE dose.

I find a low dose of MXE as a substitute for social ethanol with no hangover, which helped me justify my use. Id plug 15mg while my friends threw back a fwe beers.

I have experimented with all sorts of drugs and the only substances that I forced myself to curb my use was opiates and marijuana.

I can see how people will want a few mg after work. I do not think I could be high all day every day on MXE tho, I get way too loopy and obviously intoxicated whilst on it.

I find it strange that I enjoy MXE because I had a 9 month spell of DP/DR induced from MDMA, and that experience was terrible.