• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cryptix420: "MXE addicts justifying their abuse"

That's a good question! I've been writing about this in my book and concluded it is not a hard and fast line between use and abuse. There are different advisable useage protocols for different treatments. It also depends on how cautious you are, what kind of risk you are willing to take, and let's be honest any use of any RC will always carry some degree of risk. Long-term daily use simply can not be advised. If you want to use it for chronic pain, find something else with a longer history. What are you trying to treat?

Indeed, we would first have to agree that it can be used to treat something before we can call out abuse I think? I could see uses in pain management and treatment of depression atleast, but for the latter part everything is so blurred in my opinion. Are you truly treating your depression or simply trying to sort of escape from it temporarily? I don't think we have established what amount and how often is enough treat mild, moderate and serious depression either, and I would believe this varies from person to person a lot as well. Then there is of course recreational use, to which I was pointing with the glass of wine comment. Is all recreational use automatically abuse? Does this somehow depend on the substance (like is using opiates for recreation abuse and using alcohol not)?

I guess a lot of people start calling it abuse when people are doing damage to themselves with their usage, and the issue is we aren't that sure about the safety profile of MXE yet. It seems so benign and people refuse to call even extensive use as abuse if they don't feel any lasting physical or mental damage, until maybe they realize it's suddenly become more important than pretty much anything else in their lives and they've lost their job and loved ones and didn't even care (until their access to MXE was cut off) or something. Personally, I use it a lot to simply escape my own reality, MXE is indeed quite an effective tool for something like that. 1-2 week bender gives me a much needed break from my issues. In one way use like this doesn't feel like abuse because I have no real responsibilities at the moment, but another way to think about it would be that it's kind of hindering me from improving my life (which I just can't seem to do on my own) to a point where I would have such responsibilities. Then again these breaks from the suffering seem to give me more motivation to improve afterwards.

Treating mental issues with drugs like psychiatry is doing is a pretty interesting subject anyway and there are so many different opinions out there.

tl;dr but.. assume you feel that way cause this a psychedelic related area which comes with the 'non-addictive' mind altering stigma
i remember mxe related topics being posted consistently in OD, that's why there is a healthy, and following behind the Big and Dandy r-right..

You direct your statement at me, but I do not believe in medication for physical reasons OR mental.

Your post feels like yet one more person trying to justify their drug use..

Man, I have no problem with cautioning against drug use, but the self-righteousness of some of your posts is puke-worthy.

Even if someone is rationalizing drug abus... So what? That is their choice, not yours.

Great, you don't believe in medication. So implement that philosophy in your own life, no need to preach it here. Where do you draw the line?

When you get pneumonia, will you turn down the antibiotics and meditate? What about when someone gets chlamydia? Instead of the azythromycin should they do yoga?

It's just a really odious attitude to have and reeks of naivety. You can encourage caution without being pretentious.

Wait a minute: drug addicts are justifying their usage??? Well fuck me sideways, I never would have guessed. 8)

I think the message we should take home here is, nothing is 100% safe, not even MXE. Don't fool yourself that it's absolutely, completely benevolent, even if there seems to be little to no harm from your doing it. Besides my own experience, there are many anecdotes online that for me prove the addictiveness of this substance. The addiction is quite weird for most people though, it only seems truly addictive as long as you have some in your possession. Try to think objectively about your use, ask your friends and loved ones, is your own usage doing you more harm than good, perhaps in areas of life you didn't previously think of? Take a break from it and see if your perceptions about how you feel change.

That's a good question! I've been writing about this in my book and concluded it is not a hard and fast line between use and abuse. There are different advisable useage protocols for different treatments. It also depends on how cautious you are, what kind of risk you are willing to take, and let's be honest any use of any RC will always carry some degree of risk. Long-term daily use simply can not be advised. If you want to use it for chronic pain, find something else with a longer history. What are you trying to treat?

what kind of risk you are willing to take... I ask myself this a lot. It's like "okay, you are using this drug too much stop. Wait, now I'm using another too much, stop. Now I want to go back to using something because I can't figure out daily life and just want to kill myself for some weird reason"

I try "sober", but am I really sober if I'm swilling caffeine and energy drinks/shots all day long to perform as a wage slave? Am I really sober if me being sober is wondering how long I will be able to hold off killing myself. Getting closer to that large opiate/benzo purchase to stash away to mix with alcohol just in case. What is the point in living like that if I can take a substance and not fantasize about suicide all fucking day?