• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Crushing xanax, mixing with drinks (redbull, juice, etc)

DuckEcho

Bluelighter
Would I feel any different effects (more/less) by crushing some xanax and putting it in a small glass, then pouring in something like redbull and drinking it all in one shot?

Crushed Xanax and Xanax in proper pill form will hit you at about the same time. Xanax hits really quick to begin with, and tastes like shit, so I don't know why you would want to grind it up and take it with a beverage.

Well ive done it before many times, but i dont know if it makes that much more of a difference. I used to notice it, but last night i didnt as much but then again i was smoking weed and had taken some vicodin as well..

No other opinions? My thinking on this is that if its in powder form it should hit you fast and HARD.. but the downside is... a short buzz, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
not really. you'll get more surface area by crushing it so i guess technically you can get hit "harder" but it's not gonna be that noticeable.
As a general rule of thumb, I've discovered most benzos are not really to be fucked with. Just eat them. They're not worth snorting or crushing IME; only thing I sometimes do is take em sublingually (manily clonazepam). Alprazolam is a good pill the way you get it. Just eat it. Fast acting.

Have you tried potentiating them? That's totally worth it. Drink some white grapefruit juice, take cimetidine, 25 mgs of diphenhydramine, and then eat your pill about 30-40 minutes later.

ive tried the grapefruit juice thing before, but never heard of the other stuff. where csn i get those? the cimetidine, and the diphenhydramine...

they're OTC pills. Go to CVS, walgreens, anywhere like that. It's benadryl (diphenhydramine) and cimetidine (tagament is the brand name). cimetidine is crucial for all my benzo indulgences. I try to make my 90 mgs of xanax a month last me as long as I can and those potentiators help out.

Also, if you smoke cigarettes, try not to when you're eating xanax. it makes your body clear it about 50% quicker (I believe, I'm too lazy to look up online the specifics), so keep that in mind

EDIT: sorry I'm barred out and am getting reckless. diPHENYLhydramine. sorry about the misspelling

Mixing benzos with liquids is fine although there is some stigma around it - mainly because of people mixing benzos or other depressants into someone's drink without that person's knowledge/consent - but, I've mixed clonazepam with beer before and had no problems.

If you want your Xanax (alprazolam) to hit you faster - the best method is to administer it sublingually. Stick it under your tongue and let it dissolve. Then consume your drink of choice.

Well what i do is crush up about 6mg and put it in a shot glass with a lil redbull and down it.. i dont do it with alcohol, im not a drinker.. and as smoking goes, i smoke.. alot... chain smoke when im on the computer heh....

You also didnt tell me how much citendine to take. And why is benadryl a potentiator?

Crush it and parachute it drink a 32 oz everfresh WHITE grapefruit juice I take 6-10 myshitsthebombay a day and am fine

So cigarettes lower the effect of xanax in your body huh... wow... i never noticed before. But I am so addicted to smoking I couldn't not smoke while on them, being on them makes me want to smoke more lol... My xanies are almost out, when I get my refill ill buy the benadryls, the cimetidine, and grapefruit juice and see how things go.. tonight ill either parachute these, or shot-glass them with my redbull

I was switching back and forth from bupe to h a lot and every tiem id transition id take a few bars that day fo ra few days.. well after a month of doing that on and off I had some fuckin bad withdrawals.. I was taking 2-8mg a day for like 3-4 days at a time and did that for 4 or 5 weeks, the last week I used pretty much all 7 days. Well when I finally abstained from xanax totally I had a kick in the fucking mouth. I am used to all kinds of dope withdrawal even pw's..nothin was like alprazolam. It didn't last particularly long but I almost went to the ER one night and I have never come that close to goign to the ER in any kind of dope withdrawal no matter how serious. I live alone so I was kinda scared like I would have a grand mal. and not be able to dial 911 or somethin or get my self there. Having anxiety rebound like you've never experienced doesn't help your decision making process either.

I had a previous dependency where I used 4-6mg daily for like 3 months.. hoenstly the withdrawal did not peak as high as it did this time but lasted a lot longer like 10 days. This time 3-4 days after I last took a dose of alpraz I felt a WORLDS difference. Honestly withdrawals hit me like a brick wall 24 hours after my last dose. Like suicidal and anxiety/panic attacks/tachycardia through the roof one day, 2 days later i was a different person...and now it's been a week and I am pretty much for the past 2 days experiencing little to no withdrawal at all.

Just a warning...because it seems like you guys take around the same amount when you party. Don't use that shit every day or even every week IMO. The withdrawals are scary and I have put my self into precipitated withdrawals with a $200 a day nyc dope habit and I woulda taken that over how I felt at the peak of my withdrawals this time.

Uh.. nice rant, dont know why you posted it. I am on suboxone, and xanax. Both prescribed, and take them as such.. except sometimes i like to have a lil fun and take a lil more of my xanies than im supposed to. thats all. :D

Alprazolam is not water soluble. This is entirely pointless. I guess crushing it up and parachuting it might make it hit in 9 and a half minutes vs. 10? Don't mix benzos and alcohol together like that, especially if you are unexperienced, which you certainly seem to be.
You might feel like date raping yourself.
lol

I DONT MIX WITH ALCOHOL!!!! I said, multiple times, i mix it with redbull. I put the xanax powder in a shot glass with a tiny bit of redbull, and down it. I dont even drink alcohol. Sorry to yell lol :( As far as inexperienced... No. I've been prescribed to them for 10 years.

My bad. I'm so used to RedBull and alcohol going together.

I'm actually not sure if it dilutes in RedBull. You could certainly find out. This is not a harm reduction topic though.

Ive done it many times this way with redbull.. So I geuss it doesnt dilute. It works... but it didnt last night, dont know why. Maybe I should parachute it tonight, who knows.. I'm waiting for resident evil 5 to finish downloading on xbox live, ill have made up my mind by then lol.

Well what i do is crush up about 6mg and put it in a shot glass with a lil redbull and down it.. i dont do it with alcohol, im not a drinker.. and as smoking goes, i smoke.. alot... chain smoke when im on the computer heh....

You also didnt tell me how much citendine to take. And why is benadryl a potentiator?

200 mgs of cimetidine. And both benadryl and cimetidine inhibit enzymes in your liver that also process xanax. By inhibiting the enzymes, the xanax takes longer to break down. That's a really, really basic overview of it all. If you're into pharmacologically, I can send you some articles that go in depth on it all. Grapefruit juice is the same concept too, btw.

And I'm a nicotine addict too. What I do is dip when I take a buncha xanax. It's not the nicotine that affects the xanax metabolism, it's all the other shit in the smoke that you inhale (i think hydrocarbons?). But I know what you mean...when I eat a buncha xanax I can smoke a pack/night easy...

I can't say 100%. But regardless, I love grapefruit juice (my favorite) so I always drink it anyway.