• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Crushing a crack rock into powder and snorting, what are the effects?

Holly.3

Bluelighter
I have no experience with crack. I have never knowingly seen a crack rock in person. Although about 4 years ago I obtained about 3 grams of mixed cocaine from different batches. Most of it I would describe as fish scale... soft, somewhat shiny / pearlescent, absorb moisture quickly causing the fine fluffy powder to clump together. Some of it was powdery, and some of it was in small rocks that were a little bit more firm rather than soft, but not rock like hard. But for the most part, it was nice and Flaky

There was four very hard rocks no bigger then a little smaller in diameter than your pinky fingernail and no thicker than the diameter of a number 2 pencil. The edges were mostly straight with the top and bottom surface fairly flat instead of jagged and lumpy. It was slightly off white, maybe a hint of a pale cream color. At the time I wasn't sure if it was cocaine that had been rerocked, or straight from the kilo brick but never once thought that they could have been crack rocks. I did think that they looked much different than any other cocaine I had seen.

Over the course of a few weeks I waited until the rest of the cocaine was almost gone before thinking about crushing those hard rock into powder. When I finally decided to use a razor blade 2 chop it into powder I noticed that it was much harder than any other cocaine I had seen. After a little while, I was able to get it into a powder which didn't appear to be as fine or fluffy as the flaky stuff.

When I snorted it, this is the only time I got a pretty decent burning sensation right away and the only time that I have ever gotten a runny bloody nose a few minutes after snorting. The high what is noticeably not as strong as the flaky stuff. Overall I just figured it was a couple of rocks that were crappy quality. Since then after doing some research and looking at pictures, I'm now almost convinced but not 100% that it was a few crack rocks and not cocaine. Mostly because of the off-white color and the flatter surfaces and straighter edges compared to a typical lump of cocaine that doesn't have any flat surfaces or straight edges.

What are the effects of snorting powdered crack? Can it produce a high? Does the powder have a noticeably different appearance compared to better quality cocaine powder? Why would it have made my nose burn and cause a runny bloody nose?

When i snorted crack it did nothing for me.

In order to shoot it you need to break it down with vitamin c. I assume for snorting you'd need to do something similar or else it'll be similar to taking orally.

That's just my experience it might depend on how the rock was formed.

I have no experience with crack. I have never knowingly seen a crack rock in person. Although about 4 years ago I obtained about 3 grams of mixed cocaine from different batches. Most of it I would describe as fish scale... soft, somewhat shiny / pearlescent, absorb moisture quickly causing the fine fluffy powder to clump together. Some of it was powdery, and some of it was in small rocks that were a little bit more firm rather than soft, but not rock like hard. But for the most part, it was nice and Flaky

There was four very hard rocks no bigger then a little smaller in diameter than your pinky fingernail and no thicker than the diameter of a number 2 pencil. The edges were mostly straight with the top and bottom surface fairly flat instead of jagged and lumpy. It was slightly off white, maybe a hint of a pale cream color. At the time I wasn't sure if it was cocaine that had been rerocked, or straight from the kilo brick but never once thought that they could have been crack rocks. I did think that they looked much different than any other cocaine I had seen.

Over the course of a few weeks I waited until the rest of the cocaine was almost gone before thinking about crushing those hard rock into powder. When I finally decided to use a razor blade 2 chop it into powder I noticed that it was much harder than any other cocaine I had seen. After a little while, I was able to get it into a powder which didn't appear to be as fine or fluffy as the flaky stuff.

When I snorted it, this is the only time I got a pretty decent burning sensation right away and the only time that I have ever gotten a runny bloody nose a few minutes after snorting. The high what is noticeably not as strong as the flaky stuff. Overall I just figured it was a couple of rocks that were crappy quality. Since then after doing some research and looking at pictures, I'm now almost convinced but not 100% that it was a few crack rocks and not cocaine. Mostly because of the off-white color and the flatter surfaces and straighter edges compared to a typical lump of cocaine that doesn't have any flat surfaces or straight edges.

What are the effects of snorting powdered crack? Can it produce a high? Does the powder have a noticeably different appearance compared to better quality cocaine powder? Why would it have made my nose burn and cause a runny bloody nose?
I snorted crack once a few decades ago. It didn’t do anything for me either.

Your description sounds potentially like crack. A for sure way to know is to try to dissolve some in water, if it doesn't dissolve, it's crack.

As far as sniffing crack / cocaine base, it's not readily water-soluble and can't pass through the nasal mucosa efficiently. It drips down your esophagus and is the same as if you swallow it, subject to first pass metabolism after it reaches bloodstream through stomach and intestinal walls. Most would be destroyed and what does make it to arterial blood would be slow and likely to be completely unnoticed unless insufflating large amounts.

As far as burning, that could be a large amount of possibilities. I've insufflated crack cocaine before and never remember it burning, but that doesn't mean too much with the way cocaine and crack is sold.

Try to dissolve a little piece in water, that should at least help you know if you have a salt or a base. If your question is based solely on this 4 years ago, although it wouldn't be possible now, it's something you could use in the future to distinguish between the two should the need ever arise.

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be Crack Cocaine. After years of reading, I admit I still dont know if "Crack" and "Freebase" are completely synonymous. I do think that if you're insufflating a base, it is not going to be absorbed through the mucous membranes very well, which would lead to a limited absorption mostly in the gut.

Isn't the OP the same person who had a "problem" knowing what the correct way was to STORE Cocaine? If I'm correct: then wasn't it decided that the best way to STORE Cocaine was in the freezer? You sure it wasn't ice (as in water ice from the freezer) that you were looking at? Lol! Just joking obviously.

The stuff I'm talking about and my original post was stored in a plastic tube with a snap on and off lid that was stashed away in a shoebox that was stored in a AC controlled closet away from natural light. I also stored the cocaine the same plastic tube in a cigar box that was also stored in an AC controlled closet away from natural light. The cocaine was not stored in a freezer or refrigerator which rules out the possibility of any ice forming. I'm not sure how cocaine stored in a freezer would develop ice on its own without coming in contact with water right before being put in the freezer. Which I'm also not sure why someone would allow cocaine to come in contact with water in the first place right before storing it in the freezer.

The cocaine that these four or five rocks were stored with was what I would consider high-quality fish scale due to its flaky, shimmery and pearlescent appearance and its ability to easily be chopped into very fine fluffy powder that quickly and easily absorb moisture from the air causing it to you get clumpy and stick together.

When I originally obtained this cocaine, I would safely assume that at least 2.5 g was flaky fish scale noted above. The other half a gram was more powdery then flaky which had a less noticeable pearlescent, shimmery look and noticeably did not absorb humid moisture as quickly. More of a Sandy type of powder rather than fluffy. It's possible the higher-quality fish scale was purchased at the same time and what was left from the original purchase and from a different batch and possible source from where the Lesser quality non flaky powder came from. 3 grams was only the weight of the powder and not including the assumed four or five crack rocks. I'm sure the person I got it from had a little here and a little there and ended up combining it together instead of keeping it separate. Not sure how much the assumed crack rock weighed. It could have easily been a total of 3.4 to 3.6 grams.

At first I was a little curious and cautious as to what the hard assumed crack rocks were because I had never seen up to that point powder cocaine that looked like those rocks. When I first tried to break a rock apart with a razor blade and saw just how hard it was, I stopped and hesitated a bit and waited until nearly all of the high-quality flaky cocaine was gone over the course of a couple of weeks before my curiosity made me decide to break apart one of the rocks and crush it into powder. It was very hard how to break up with a razor blade much harder than anything I had seen up to that point and since then. I remember taking much longer to chopped up into a fine powder with lots of little tiny specks pinging across the table due to the hardness of it. I remember the high wasn't as strong as the flaky stuff but still somewhat decent. It had a very nice decent numbing of my nose, teeth and gums and the back of my throat. I remember each time I snorted this powder that it had a burning sensation and was the only time I've ever experienced a runny bloody nose right after snorting. I remember only snorting about 2 1/2 of the five rocks when due to the bloody nose and burning sensation I decided to err on the side of caution and stop. At that time I wasn't sure if it was just very hard rerocked cocaine and at that time I wasn't very knowledgeable about crack as far as what to look for and how to determined it versus cocaine. And didn't know how to do a basic test as far as water or burn to see if the results were consistent with crack. Now, four years later, even though I have not come in contact with crack, I do have a better idea of what crack looks like and how it should react when burned or place in water. So now, four years later, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that it was a few rocks of crack.

The person I got it from has said multiple times that they have never done anything with crack, have never bought it nor sold it nor been around anybody using it which made me hesitant I believe that it was crack at the time but now after further research I'm sure it was.

With all the research I have done I have never found anything on the topic of the effects of snorting powdered crack and if it produces no high, a weaker high or a stronger High compared to cocaine powder. I've also found conflicting information saying that crack is a rather high percentage of purity While others say that is typically much lower percentage of quality.

But as far as it being chunks of Frozen cocaine is not the case since it was never stored in the freezer.

Hello @Holly.3

...if memory serves me correctly somebody mentioned the freezer...

I have also heard more than once that the frigerator is the least humid area in your home. And also storing it in a container such as an Amber jar with a screw on cap or lid is also good for eliminating light and UV light that can deteriorate cocaine and some of the cuts that it's cut with, causing the cocaine to either go or what time is it its strength, causing the high to be weak. I personally use and aluminum stash jar that's 1.5" in diameter X 1.2" tall with and air and water tight screw-on lid. I have two of those aluminum stash jars, one that I take with me if needed and one that is 2" in diameter X 2.4" tall I keep in a wooden cigar box locked in a small fireproof safe my closet witch is climate controlled and away from light.

I tend to prefer my cocaine to so lightly absorb a bit of humidity that's in the air which keeps allows the cocaine lumps/chunks to be little softer and easier to chop up into a fine fluffy powder (if you have decent to high-quality cocaine, here in if it's high quality cocaine, 80% +, it will quickly absorb a lot more humidity when it's moved from a climate controlled house to outside. Which makes the cocaine very soft and makes the powder sticky, clumping together and sticking to the edge of your razor blade which can make it a little more difficult to quickly chop up a line). I my cocaine powder to not be dry, making a crunching, gritty sound when chopping with a razor blade and makes the cover look like fine sand instead of fluffy powder. Therefore, I don't like to store my cocaine in the refrigerator because it makes lumps/chunks dryer and not as soft and tends to make the powder more sandy. In my opinion, Sandy gritty powder tends to easier to snort passed your nasal cavity and down your throat where ever find a fluffy powder in theory is easier to get trapped in your nasal cavity and absorbed in your mucus. The dry effect the refrigerator has in my opinion can be an issue if you're taking the cocaine straight from the refrigerator to your countertop to make a line. Even in Houston, the AC keep your house dry enough we're even high-quality cocaine will take a little bit of time to absorb moisture.

If it's being stored for a bit of time where you're not going to be going through it short couple of weeks, in that case, storing it in the refrigerator is not a bad idea, keeping it cool and dry so it will stay fresher longer without the cocaine is self or 1 or more cuts from deteriorating the quality of it.

Here in Houston, with our humidity, you can take good quality cocaine straight from the refrigerator out to your car and immediately start chopping up a couple of lines and easily noticeably watch the cocaine absorb the humidity going up from dry powder on the way to very clumpy and sticky powder before you can finish chopping a couple of lines. All happening in as little ass less than 30 seconds (the time it takes you to remove it from the fridgerator, walking to your car in the driveway, hop in and immediately start chopping a line) that's one way I use to determine if the cocaine is really good or cut with a bunch of crap. This method guarantee 100% whether your stuff is good or not but in my opinion and experience oh, it's a easy quick way to get a good idea if the stuff is good or not. Stuff won't absorb humidity and stays dry and gritty, I tested it, it's always had poor quality results. And the stuff that easily quickly absorbs humidity in less than a minute or so when moving it from climate controlled Indoor air to outdoor humid air, when testing it has always shown quite decent too very good quality.

A lot of cuts are not water-soluble or don't absorb moisture as quickly as cocaine which causes low quality cocaine to stay dry and gritty or very slowly absorb just a small amount of moisture.

Cocaine that contains much fewer cuts well allow the actual cocaine to absorb moisture much quicker due to the presence of get much higher cocaine to cut ratio. Therefore, for me, I've always had good results with higher moisture absorbing cocaine compared to lower moisture absorbing cocaine.

I have also heard more than once that the frigerator is the least humid area in your home. And also storing it in a container such as an Amber jar with a screw on cap or lid is also good for eliminating light and UV light that can deteriorate cocaine and some of the cuts that it's cut with, causing the cocaine to either go or what time is it its strength, causing the high to be weak. I personally use and aluminum stash jar that's 1.5" in diameter X 1.2" tall with and air and water tight screw-on lid. I have two of those aluminum stash jars, one that I take with me if needed and one that is 2" in diameter X 2.4" tall I keep in a wooden cigar box locked in a small fireproof safe my closet witch is climate controlled and away from light.

I tend to prefer my cocaine to so lightly absorb a bit of humidity that's in the air which keeps allows the cocaine lumps/chunks to be little softer and easier to chop up into a fine fluffy powder (if you have decent to high-quality cocaine, here in if it's high quality cocaine, 80% +, it will quickly absorb a lot more humidity when it's moved from a climate controlled house to outside. Which makes the cocaine very soft and makes the powder sticky, clumping together and sticking to the edge of your razor blade which can make it a little more difficult to quickly chop up a line). I my cocaine powder to not be dry, making a crunching, gritty sound when chopping with a razor blade and makes the cover look like fine sand instead of fluffy powder. Therefore, I don't like to store my cocaine in the refrigerator because it makes lumps/chunks dryer and not as soft and tends to make the powder more sandy. In my opinion, Sandy gritty powder tends to easier to snort passed your nasal cavity and down your throat where ever find a fluffy powder in theory is easier to get trapped in your nasal cavity and absorbed in your mucus. The dry effect the refrigerator has in my opinion can be an issue if you're taking the cocaine straight from the refrigerator to your countertop to make a line. Even in Houston, the AC keep your house dry enough we're even high-quality cocaine will take a little bit of time to absorb moisture.

If it's being stored for a bit of time where you're not going to be going through it short couple of weeks, in that case, storing it in the refrigerator is not a bad idea, keeping it cool and dry so it will stay fresher longer without the cocaine is self or 1 or more cuts from deteriorating the quality of it.

Here in Houston, with our humidity, you can take good quality cocaine straight from the refrigerator out to your car and immediately start chopping up a couple of lines and easily noticeably watch the cocaine absorb the humidity going up from dry powder on the way to very clumpy and sticky powder before you can finish chopping a couple of lines. All happening in as little ass less than 30 seconds (the time it takes you to remove it from the fridgerator, walking to your car in the driveway, hop in and immediately start chopping a line) that's one way I use to determine if the cocaine is really good or cut with a bunch of crap. This method guarantee 100% whether your stuff is good or not but in my opinion and experience oh, it's a easy quick way to get a good idea if the stuff is good or not. Stuff won't absorb humidity and stays dry and gritty, I tested it, it's always had poor quality results. And the stuff that easily quickly absorbs humidity in less than a minute or so when moving it from climate controlled Indoor air to outdoor humid air, when testing it has always shown quite decent too very good quality.

A lot of cuts are not water-soluble or don't absorb moisture as quickly as cocaine which causes low quality cocaine to stay dry and gritty or very slowly absorb just a small amount of moisture.

Cocaine that contains much fewer cuts well allow the actual cocaine to absorb moisture much quicker due to the presence of get much higher cocaine to cut ratio. Therefore, for me, I've always had good results with higher moisture absorbing cocaine compared to lower moisture absorbing cocaine.
Noticed ur in htown whoop whoop lol

When i snorted crack it did nothing for me.

In order to shoot it you need to break it down with vitamin c. I assume for snorting you'd need to do something similar or else it'll be similar to taking orally.

That's just my experience it might depend on how the rock was formed.

I did not know you had to vit C it like heroin! I used to hit H and crack together. Usually if I'd gone half or a third on a deal and it all got thrown into the same spoon (I'd rather have dig the smack and smoke the rock back in my IV days) but we used citric acid instead of vit c.
Vit c is a life saver though for digging smack and before the interwebs was a bit of a life tip for gear users cos nearly everyone used evil citric acid due to not knowing vit c worked as well.
I remember watching a docu about H users in Vegas and they were hitting up without any vit c/citric and not even using a filter. First I'd ever heard about smack that didn't need breaking down.

Sounds like it could be Crack Cocaine. After years of reading, I admit I still dont know if "Crack" and "Freebase" are completely synonymous. I do think that if you're insufflating a base, it is not going to be absorbed through the mucous membranes very well, which would lead to a limited absorption mostly in the gut.

They aren't synonymous in a literal sense. When you freebase cocaine with ammonia it turns into that crumbly, lumpy powdery kind of thing that you can smoke but rock form 'crack' is cooked up using backing powder.
I was never into it enough to buy charlie and make my own but a lot of bag-heads I hung around with would make their own in a spoon with ammonia.
Anyway, freebase is crumbly and powdery (and in my experience to stronger of the two although probably for reasons that aren't how it's 'cooked' up) and crack is those yellowish rocks.

Powdered Cocaine is in it's Hydrochloride salt form which is water-soluable which is what u need for it be absorbed through ur nasal mucos membranes. Crack Cocaine is in it's Freebase form which is not water-soluable and it can only be absorbed if u burn it and inhale the smoke.