• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Cross tolerance - How long does this shit last?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
well you probably know me by now so the story is,
long story short, i smoked about 16 grams of fishscale over the last 8 days, and have switched to amps since i don't feel like buying anymore for awhile but... i've never had such an issue with cross tolerance before... 120mg-240 of addy would usually get me where i needed to be for awhile till redosing, but and i do state *Do not take these doses unless you're physically and mentally accustomed, and even then it is rather unhealthy* so 480mg in the last hour, and i feel half as stimmed as i'd usually be and i'm actually slightly irritated because it seems i can't use my coke substitute right now due to a stimulant tolerance issue, hell i haven't even taken a single pregab with the amps this time but i do need a sort of stim substitute for alittle while or i typically get cravings for a few days but eating this much is alittle rediculous

How many days being stimulant free would atleast allow me to get where i need to be? I've never experienced such a severe cross tolerance such as this before and i've smoked way more coke in fewer days and still never had such a severe issue as this, what do :/ i did take the day yesterday to knock the lights out as i usually do and nodded, hell i even slept about 16 hours so to total it out i've been stim free for maybe 38ish hours?

I am 'high' but i mean who the hell wouldn't be after taking that much, but im not even at that point where i have a slight edge and need a pregab, what do.

to add- i don't even have a high bpm either, this is rather frustrating to say the least.

First
CC.jpg
i'm not impressed, you are last in my book =p

I wouldn't be able to get good effects either after experiencing the rush and high of good quality cocaine either.
When I used to shoot coke, I never got much pleasure from amphetamines or methamphetamine. I always went for the intense, sometimes scary rush of cocaine so others were just annoying to me.
Probably a week without stimulants would change your situation considerably but it's just a guess.

I wouldn't be able to get good effects either after experiencing the rush and high of good quality cocaine either.
When I used to shoot coke, I never got much pleasure from amphetamines or methamphetamine. I always went for the intense, sometimes scary rush of cocaine so others were just annoying to me.
Probably a week without stimulants would change your situation considerably but it's just a guess.
well as i've said before its my go-to after heavy coke use to more or less get my mind off any more or else i do actually experience to some degree some cravings for more but i mean thats normal especially when you smoke as much as i do but i do have PLENTY of success using addy as a substitute as one would methadone for opiates but never had such a severe cross tolerance issue as this, i mean i am *high* but i also did smoke my benders resin an hour ago which was so caked in my pipes that i was able to fill an entire bowl of it which was actually not smart because after lighting a corner up, it obviously melted as resin typically does but since it was basically full and i didn't want to smoke the whole thing at once, after my first light, it dried up and clogged the damn pipe so i had to take the fucker apart again and clear it up, but i smoked that thing for 30min straight, it was almost as good if not better than my crack ( but i suppose thats because it probably was due to how much went through those pipes, so i suppose the rediculous amps and coke resin went together fine, which admittedly i didnt think about till just typing this now was probably not a smart idea, but i'm alive and feeling good, well atleast 10x better than i was at 11pm when i decided to amp up)

i probably shouldn't have ampd up but i didn't feel like going to another nod after nodding most of the day (day 2 of nodding out) which is what i do after most coke binges but i only really ever do that for one day, infact i shot up some dilaudid aswell which was a treat for once in a blue moon (i'm not big on shooting up even though i can anytime i want to, its never been my thing really probably never will be which is surprising because as far as i know most people can't get enough of that rush after doing it a few times but its never stuck to me, thankgod for that i suppose) but yeah i'm thinking of doubling up my opiates for a week but i had a sort of stimulant craving, i can't really describe it, its like a *i want to be up and going, feeling good* feel that wins over opiates somehow but i suppose i'm also so used to taking them that its natural to not really lean towards the opiates which would be most peoples first choice

Yes there is definitely a cross tolerance that will exist, however it is only partial. Cocaine is a DRI, aka dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Amphetamine effects dopamine albeit in a slightly different manner, and also has an effect on seretonin. So while you can expect cross-tolerance it would not be to the extent of like a benzodiazepine and barbiturate, but it will certainly be there.

That being said, cocaine and amphetamine's rewarding effects are produced very similarly (through dopamine), so that would explain why you are not feeling good from Amphetamines anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm sure you already know this but a half gram of amphetamine is an EXTREMELY high dose. Even though you have a tolerance, it is still really hard on your body and I would also recommend taking a break for a week to reduce your tolerance. However the withdrawal is going to be really rough right now, perhaps it would be better to just take a very low-dose instead of just taking a CT break. Stimulant tolerance can be reset easier than say opiates for example. Also doing 2grams of fish scale a day is going to be very hard on your cardiovascular system. Amphetamines are harder on your body overall than methamphetamine. Like I said, I know you most likely already know all this lol but I felt like I had to say it after seeing 0.5 gram dose o_O:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:.

Here is a link to a book on toxicology with a nice section the damaging effects of long-term high-dose amphetamine use: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00204-012-0815-5. Cocaine's cardiovascular effects are well documented, and I'm sure you know about them.
Afterthought: I do have a couple friends that take over 400mg+ a day and are living their lives fine. I didnt mean to come off like your gonna drop dead or anything lol. I just was concerned for your long-term health if you were to continue at daily high-doses (over 600+mg/day) is all.

Last edited:
Hi, im sure you already know this but a half gram of amphetamine is an EXTREMELY high dose. Even though you have a tolerance, it is still really hard on your body and I would also recommend taking a break for a week to reduce your tolerance. However the withdrawal is going to be really rough right now, perhaps it would be better to just take a very low-dose instead of just taking a CT break. Stimulant tolerance can be reset easier than say opiates for example. Also doing 2grams of fish scale a day is going to be very hard on your cardiovascular system. Amphetamines are harder on your body overall than methamphetamine. Like I said, I know you most likely already know all this lol but I felt like I had to say it after seeing 0.5 gram dose o_O:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:.

Here is a link to the damaging effects of long-term high-dose amphetamine use: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00204-012-0815-5. Cocaine's cardiovascular effects are well documented, and I'm sure you know about them.

To answer your question though, yes there is definitely a cross tolerance that will exist, however it is only partial. Cocaine is a DRI, aka dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Amphetamine effects dopamine albeit in a slightly different manner, and also has an effect on seretonin. So while you can expect cross-tolerance it would not be to the extent of like a benzodiazepine and barbiturate, but it will certainly be there.

That being said, cocaine and amphetamine's rewarding effects are produced very similarly (through dopamine), so that would explain why you are not feeling good from Amphetamines anymore.
its not nearly as bad on my cardio system as it could be because of my high dose-daily opiates thankfully, pretty sure i wouldn't be typing this if it weren't for my meds that i take for pain my resting bpm without stimulants is pretty low ~ 35-65 and i very rarely surpass 100-110 even on half a gram of amphetamine. *which i never reccomend anyone else takes without knowing if they can physically and mentally handle, i am a tolerant poly-drug user and should not be a point of reference*

somewhat similar, but amphetamine is a different beast altogether in any form, rather than it being a reuptake inhibitor, it is both that aswell as a force releaser of dopamine which is why amps are much more neurotoxic than any amount of cocaine can be, ive read research studies where in this scenario, cocaine can infact be neuro protective, but on that same grounds, amphetamine being a force releaser can have many effects that cocaine doesn't have which are both good and bad depending on how you look at it, i appreciate your sincere worry about my current regimen of use which is why i don't often share my doses or warn against taking anything near them, but rest assured i use as safely as possible, at the moment however after my 8 day bender, amphetamine is really the only thing thats keeping me from being bed bound, i was basically in and out of it for a straight 36 hours (17 of which were purely sleep) fear not, i've walked on these hot coals enough times that i know how to handle the situation, but i've never had to eat so much amps in such little time to aquire an effect that i was gunning for even if i didn't exactly reach that, but i won't be buying anymore coke for the month but alass that doesn't mean i won't get anymore period however

the reason i had made this thread is not due to wondering why this worked or otherwise why it wasn't working but the fact that the cross tolerance is so severe this time around, where i've gone through 20 grams in less time than 8 days, slept it off, took my regimen of amphetamine for awhile and was good afterwards (the withdrawal from any high dosing of stimulants typically leaves one without any spare energy for awhile which i've come all too well to learn many a time but that hasn't kept me from using them regardless of the negatives, i can assure however that i don't suffer many negative effects pertaining to my stimulants which i'm probably pushing my luck with as is but, i have my reasons that are mostly not entirely recreational for whatever i consume, but there'll come a day when i'll have enough of the regimen as a whole but until then, maintain as best as possible, aye?

i see its your first time posting, i welcome you to bluelight aswell as your perspective, i hope you'll be able to assist others with advice they'll need in the future :)

Ah, I see. I'm glad you definitely sound like you know exactly what your doing and I see you have far more experience with me than stimulants. I also have been on high dose opiates for a long time (5 years pain management, 5 years heroin), so I know that even a dose that may seem high to me, can be a normal dose, or even underwhelming dose to someone else.

In that case I am not exactly sure what could have made the cross-tolerance so much worse this time. The girl must have bumped your tolerance up an extra notch more than normal for some reason this time :unsure:.

Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah I've read bluelight for years and figured it's time to finally make an account ?.

Afterthought: I do have a couple friends that take over 400mg+ a day and are living their lives fine. I didnt mean to come off like your gonna drop dead or anything lol. I just was concerned for your long-term health if you were to continue at daily high-doses (over 600+mg/day) is all.
all good m8, if anything kills me it'll be opiate wd, oh god mark my words on that one :(

Ah, I see. I'm glad you definitely sound like you know exactly what your doing and I see you have far more experience with me than stimulants. I also have been on high dose opiates for a long time (5 years pain management, 5 years heroin), so I know that even a dose that may seem high to me, can be a normal dose, or even underwhelming dose to someone else.

In that case I am not exactly sure what could have made the cross-tolerance so much worse this time. The girl must have bumped your tolerance up an extra notch more than normal for some reason this time :unsure:.

Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah I've read bluelight for years and figured it's time to finally make an account ?.
amen to making an account, i always encourage browsers to do so because there's room for everyone on BL, and youre certainly right about doses, i've taken slightly over a gram of amps on a particular occasion, now that was more like too much for me because let me tell you, i've smoked alot of coke, and taken a hell of alot of amps, meth you name the stimulant, but nothing had me going like i was that night/morning, it felt like i was powered by a zeus lightning bolt