Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

creative literature on the scene

BT, LOL, me and horsey must like using bullocks for some reason
smile.gif

thought i'd just make a point of saying that i read A Scanner Darkly on johnboy's reccommendation and i would reccommend it to any bluelighter...one of the great things about the book is that it examines that grey area where paranoia intersects with reality. great reading.
"to survive in this fascist police state, he thought, you gotta always be able to come up with a name, your name. at all times. that's the firt sign they look for that you're wired, not being able to figure out who the hell you are."
BuckE
smile.gif

Bucke:
Two books you should read . . . the first you should find at the library, it's called "Junk" and is by Melvin Burgess (i hope that's right, will check at home and correct if i'm wrong). It's set in the 80s and written in different view points, it's got the whole punk scene thing going, but is more about heroin than anything else, still it's exellent. The other one is called "H - the autobiography of Christiane F", don't be put off by the title, it is nothing like an autobiography at all, it is a story, just that it's true, this ones set in the late 60s, and begins in their version of the dance scene, acid, ephedrine, various tabs and then heroin, this one is much sharper and emotion evoking than Junk, and i related more, but still read both, you can never read enough.
------------------
"Avoid the world, it's just a lot of dust and drag and means nothing in the end."
-Jack Kerouac