• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Creating Changa/DMT ---- Some Questions !!

Feuer im Süden

Greenlighter
Hello! This is my first Thread ... I just signed up here to ask a few Questions about Changa, as I am planning to create some on my own in the future. As I just saw a wide range of topics here, I think its not the wrong Forum for it ... So my 1. Question is (maybe some may come later): If I already HAVE the DMT (Freebase or Crystals) and need to apply it to the Leaves, then I read that I'd do it like this: 1. Dissolve the DMT in a little Alcohol / Isopropanol / Acetone and also dissolve the Harmala Alkaloids in it. 2. Place the Plant Matter (like Caapi Leaves) in the Bottle (or whatever I have) and let them soak with the Solution. 3. Wait until the Solvent is removed over time and I have the final soaked up Changa. Ok sounds easy ... but I have a big Question: Let's say I measure 1g of Leave Material and 1g Harmala Alkaloids + 0,5g DMT. Then I'd be able to say that 2,5g Changa contains 0,5g DMT. BUT only if 100% of the soluted DMT is now soaked into the Leaves ... I put the leaves in that solution, but while the solvent is slowly removing, I must also get some DMT hanging at the Glass Wall of my container. And this is NOT counting to the Changa itself. What if I get like 60% of the DMT soaking in the Herbs and 40% hanging at my Container, then my whole Process is not only inefficient, I also have some stuff left and need to workaround. And furthermore: The DMT starts to get out of the solution and into the Herbs when the Solvent starts to vanish nearly completely. So if not 100% of the leaves are completely at the base of the container, then the most upper ones will not get much of the DMT, as the DMT is not precipitated when the solvent is not low enough. Therefore I'd have to use a container with a big bottom, so that all the leaves will have the chance to lie on the ground, but then the are of glass compared to the leaves is so big, that I will have so much of DMT just hanging at the glass bottom. So how do you do it right ? Actually I have never done it, but this are just the Questions that I come across, when reading the Tutorials so far. Maybe you can vanish those thoughts, if you already managed to create it successfully : ) Thanks alot so far!

Hello and welcome to Bluelight! :)

Preparing Changa is a ritual experience that will bring you pleasure in the process of making it. I recommend to really take your time, choose a very pleasant and easy to inhale (to you) smoking herb mix as a base for it beforehand. I recommend getting Harmala extract and freebase DMT. You need to adjust the dosage ratio to what is suitable to you, its hard to get it right the first time so I recommend making a couple different concentration batches to compare what you prefer later.

When you fully dissolve your DMT and Harmaline in isopropyl or ethanol (might require a little heating over a water bath), it will easily infuse into the dried herb mix, at least it was in my experiences. Prepare to have a glass container that you can tightly close afterwards. Also if you worry about uneven infusion, use more solvent so it completely covers your dried herb mix.

There is just a lot of experimentation with Changa IMO...8)

There are couple of very helpful links:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Changa
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=46839

I've never made changa and have used it only twice, but it was by far the most extraordinary psychedelic experience of my life which is saying a lot. I inquired about the composition of the blend and was told mine contained Calea zacatechichi (the dream herb) as well as Syrian rue harmalas and DMT. No idea how important Calea was is in the blend, because I haven't tried changa without Calea. I tried smoking calea on it's own once and the taste wasn't great and effect very subtle, but subtle effects can be magnified with the appropriate catalyst. So anyways, if you get a good batch of hermala+DMT changa going it might be worth saving some to experiment with the addition of Calea because this changa was extraordinary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool !!! But Volsam please tell me directly about the infusion process! 1. I have my Alcohol/Whatever solution with Harmaline + DMT in my desired concentration ... 2. Then I put my Herbs into them and manage to make them fully covered by the solvent. 3. Now I wait for the solvent to evaporate and the Herbs are left with the DMT + Harmaline on it BUT now is there still DMT + Harmaline hanging on the sides and the ground of your container ? I mean while the solvent is evaporating the containing Chemicals must be slowly precipitating on EVERYTHING around them. But do you have a completely clean container afterwards ? It's just that I cannot imagine that the DMT + Harmaline *Knows* where to go and stays completely away from the container itself. Or do you have a little hanging there and you re-use it for later purposes and just substract it from your original insufed herb to get known your roughly infusion-amount ? Thanks again ! And yeah when I get to this point I will definetly try out some Base-Herb-Variations !

Changa is not an exact science. When you make these sorts of infusions, there's always the possibility that some of your product will adhere to the container instead of your plant material. As Volsam said, the best thing to do is use enough solvent to completely submerge your herb mix. Also, using a low, flat dish--as opposed to a bottle or jar--will aid in evaporation and potentially provide less surface area for stray alkaloids to adhere to.

Ok if People still want to contribute to this issue with the infusion, please tell how it is working for you ! But furthermore here are some new Questions: HOW do you keep your DMT / Changa for long times ? You put it in a baggy and just in the Freezer ? Is this sufficient ? If yes: can you keep it longer, when it's just plain crystals or will it keep longer safe when applied to the herbs as Changa ? And either way: How long IN GENERAL can you keep it then ? By what time do you have to finally consume the last part of it ? Thanks

The plant material is more absorbant than the container. Some alkaloids will probably stick to the side, but you can wash that off with a little solvent and either dry it on some glass or drip/spray it over your herb and leave it to dry.

Ok and what about storing my stuff ?

Better as Crystals or better as Changa ?

And then - just in a Baggie in the Freezer ?

And with the prefered method: How long will it stay active ?