• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Craving thread – v. Hold On

Craving MDPV pretty badly...Last night all I dreamt about was chasing the stuff off of foil...I mean even my subconscious pines for a hit. Never had this issue before with a drug. This comes in a period of indefinite abstinence from drug use leading up to my return to university, due to the negative effect it was having on my day to day living.

Any pill that stops craving? 8(

Never liked stims, so I don't know what it's like to crave for them, but the only thing that'll really help is time, at least I hope so. Using dreams suck big time, I still get them every night, even though I've been sober for nearly a month now (apart from one little slip). When did you use last? Also, try to keep being as busy as possible when you're awake, you can't control your dreams, but you can distract yourself with work, hobbies, exercise etc.

Keep your head high, going back to uni is a great goal and something you'll be proud of once you made it.

I feel you mate, cigs are the one thing I haven't been able (or willing really) to stop yet, even though I went from 30 a day down to about 10. Every time I've tried stopping completely, I became an antisocial asshole, my nerves were wrecked and I would explode at the slightest provocation. Congrats on staying away from tobacco for this long, must have been hard as hell...

Is it just a matter of boredom, or are you still feeling the nicotine WD? I plan on quitting cigs soon, as well, maybe you can give me some advice on how to survive the first week without punishing other people for my sins.

@Cohesion: Don't just think about it, get off your ass and do it! :)
It really helps, not only short term. I started daily exercise a few weeks back, and I already feel fitter than I've felt for years.

Yeah I still am, sort of have a head ache but my temper has been getting better. Honestly I've been using cannabis to help myself keep away from it but I havent smoked that today even and for some reason, I've been craving cigs more than I ever have in my life. It just gets harder each time I try to quit which is why this is my last time. I refuse to go back to it. Right now, all I'm craving is the "smokey flavor", and just to have the heat run through my mouth over my tongue. I'm not as much bored, but I just can't get it off of my mind right now. But I have been feeling overall better in my health, I can breathe a bit easier, I don't smell, my parents are proud of me for something, and I don't have a monkey continuously growing on my back anymore. I think one think that helps is gum or altoids. It really helps with the stimulation and it gives me something to do. Get good night's sleep and when you find yourself craving them (usually happens to me at night), I just do something to distract myself (which is usually getting high or just going to bed, I'm trying to move away from cannabis at this point though, its better and easier just to plain take the cravings head on).

Tobacco is probably the shortest lasting cravings that I've noticed, the most it'll last for me is 30 minutes to an hour. When it turns to mind over matter, quitting smoking isn't SO bad and it's definitely worth kicking the habit now before I have the ability to go out and buy packs on my own. I've also been avoiding psychedelics such as LSD and shrooms, because they make me chain smoke like mad.

Another thing that helps me is thinking of all the nasty shit they put in cigarettes. This usually makes me put my cig out half way through.

cigarette_and_bad_ingredients.jpg

Never liked stims, so I don't know what it's like to crave for them, but the only thing that'll really help is time, at least I hope so. Using dreams suck big time, I still get them every night, even though I've been sober for nearly a month now (apart from one little slip). When did you use last? Also, try to keep being as busy as possible when you're awake, you can't control your dreams, but you can distract yourself with work, hobbies, exercise etc.

Keep your head high, going back to uni is a great goal and something you'll be proud of once you made it.

Thanks for the encouraging words, they do mean a lot. Last used a week ago, so the memory is still very fresh. The memory of my life getting ruined by it is fresher yet, but I still want nothing more than one more hit. I can't believe how sad that is.

(I like that picture, badfish)

Craving meth pretty bad just gotta hang in there.. As soon as friday night comes the cravings always start :-/

Albi, maybe if you get rid of you stores you have saved, the cravings will die down a little?

<3 dogsoldier :( Friday was my absolute WORST day. You can get though it <3.

Albi, maybe if you get rid of you stores you have saved, the cravings will die down a little?

<3 dogsoldier :( Friday was my absolute WORST day. You can get though it <3.

Trust me, nothing is saved!

Well I have 1.5g 5-meo-dalt and 0.5g mescaline but I really don't want to take those drugs. I'm hoping to give them away to one lucky winner (whichever close friend will take them irl).

After about a month free of cravings, and more than 80 days off IV hard drugs, cravings are visiting me again. They are not as severe, but psychologically this is disheartening, if not also expected. And the dreams remain persistent. Yet if I keep productive it is easier - which kind of fucks me on days I am tired.

The dreams are awful. I still get them every other night or so. Had one just two nights ago.

I'm not really craving that bad today. Just craving happiness, but not really by way of drugs. Oh, and post-coitus cigarette. That photo above only talks me out of the non-post-coitus cigarettes.

Man I'm jonesin badly ... Its not the high so much as its the release I am so used to having. I know I wont pick up today but I badly needy therapy an Meds to start helping in regards to anxiety.

Taow, try focusing on your breathing for ten minutes. Just breathe regularly but close your eyes and focus on your breath going in and then again on exhaling. If you can't keep your mind from veering off you can try counting as you breathe in and counting on the exhale. This sounds simplistic but it really helps with anxiety. Anxiety is by its very nature not in the present. It is an imagined future that you can leave by centering yourself in the present by focusing on your actual body right now. I have a book that I pick up--I call it my bible fascetiously because I'm not religious in any way--but it helps me a lot to read it. It's called When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron. I just let it fall open to whatever page and it usually turns my thoughts around and helps me out.

I hope that you can start therapy soon and that it will give you some relief and the release that you need. Much love.<3

i am lucky today. all i crave is a hug. i am the best hugger in the entire world, and there's no one for me to hug. :(

Thx herbavore - I do open palm meditation four seconds in and four out among other techniques. It helps but I've been passing out and clocking my head due to m panic disorder ... I was at my rents and my mum thought I had a heart attack as I jus collapsed and
Hit my head on the piano... Anxiety sucks !!

^Man, that sounds so extreme, Taow! Do you simply hyperventilate when you pass out? Have you gotten that thoroughly checked out by a doctor? That really worries me. (Need another mom? LOL) Seriously though, passing out cold from panic attacks, especially when you hit your head is terribly scary.

We can keep each other company as we just hold on.

Breathe. And again. Exhale.

I’m just going to sit tight. Who else is sitting with me?
This is an excellent thread idea Cohesion, thank you!! <3 I could've REALLY used this thread last night! I will remember to post in here next time I have cravings as bad as last night. I think a lot of people will benefit greatly from this thread.

i am lucky today. all i crave is a hug. i am the best hugger in the entire world, and there's no one for me to hug. :(
Mate, I would give you the BEST hug if I could :)
*stretches arms out*
Almost....there!
=D

Wanting pills, it's been a year since I've ruminated on this. I lost my daughter because I was taking too much 18 months ago. Now she's back in my custody...fuck the odds... I won.

But my mind-body is associating parenting with pills.

Just remember your daughter is worth staying clean for <3

I'm back to square 1. Six days clean from tobacco again, hope this is the last time.