• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Crappy "Morningside" brand of bupe ?

FatBellyWhipSlay

Bluelighter
Hi All

Not posted much on here for a while, been pre-occupied trying to recover ;-)

So I was on 1.2mg and doing well but relapsed BIG TIME and got put back upto 4mg on the 23rd December. Got given the normal Sandoz 2mg and felt great all over Christmas, didn't use and got my sleep back.

Last Thursday the 30th went to pick up my weekly script and got given "Morningside" brand 2mg. Didn't think anything of it (but they were TINY for 2mg tablets). so took them as normal. On day 2 I woke up in withdrawals, something I hadn't experienced for over a week. So I took the 4mg, felt OK and then about 5pm started to feel mild-moderate WD's again. Went to bed and woke up on day 3 very early feeling really bad, took the 4mg was ok till about 3pm then withdrawals again, being stupid I took another 2mg and it kind of calmed down a bit but next day same again so repeat.

So I am down 4mg which means tomorrow I wont have any until I pick up on Thursday, its not the end of the word but its already 10am and I am already started to feel a bit shitty after taking the 4mg I had left at 7am.

Anyone had any similar bad experiences with these ? there's definitely a potency/quality issue with these brand compared to the normal Sandoz I was on.

Plus previously I was on 1.2mg (for months) and only been on 4mg for a week so surely my tolerance hasn't built up again in a week of being on 4mg from 1.2mg ?

I bet if I took a 2mg Sandoz I would be fine. I have rang the chemist this morning (this is how bad I have been) and begged them not to give the Morningside brand anymore and to get some some Sandoz in, I explained what's happened and they said they will see what they can do, I have also rang my clinic worked and told her about it so its on record.

Can you get any gabapentin or kratom to get you through on that one waiting day?

I experience this with any brand besides name brand Suboxone, there’s even a case study outlining this exact phenomenon with generic buprenorphine. At this point my guess is that the generics often contain synthesis impurities or it’s a polymorph issue, whatever the case it sucks and forces me to use brand name only.

-GC

I had read an article in the past, not about buprenorphine but methadone, where a lot of addicts who were given the brand "Methadose" were actually suffering from WDs (I assume at a dosage of methadone that was working for them on another brand)

So I am willing to bet that pharma standards are not as high as we like to think, and generics and/or cheaper brands might be inferior products (I have in no way chemical knowledge to know what would be at fault, perhaps it even has less mg inside? )

As others have suggested, kratom, gabapentin, for me 80mg loperamide have worked before (I use heroin),maybe benzos just for 1 day?

Good luck friend it is really nasty to know that people put their trust on "experts" like doctors and pharmacists and end up suffering like this

Not only this but every time you take your dose of buprenorphine, it's bioavailability will be variable and can be different on different days, with the exact same doses.