• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Craigslist - When someone demands a refund, what do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I guess you were just asking for legal advice? This isn't a legal forum and on every other issues you've made up your mind on so what's the point of asking at all?

So... I guess you were just asking for legal advice? This isn't a legal forum and on every other issues you've made up your mind on so what's the point of asking at all?

I'm guessing because he required a second opinion. The situation was handled very nobly, IMHO, especially considering he had no obligation to even help the buyer. And especially considering Seattle_Stranger has hospital bill debts. I could see myself playing devil's advocate in such a scenario if I were really concerned with getting quality advice about it, so I can't help but be in awe of the OP's judgment. Nicely done, S_S; nicely done.

The majority's second opinion wasn't what he wanted people to say so he got pissed about it. That's not really wanting a second opinion... just affirmation of his own opinion. I don't see how this is so hard to understand. Needs closed IMO.

^ He does have a point though. I've been involved in a Craigslist-type forum up here in Canada (Kijiji) and basically when these threads come up, the almost unanimous opinion is "tough luck" to the buyer.

I'm not sure why this thread had so many people of the contrary view. Perhaps it was the way SS framed his OP.

He gave you the money for it, so you definitely have that money to give back to him. Stop making excuses and just give him back the money for it.

He has your address. Are you not afraid of him charging your doorstep every day?

Also, one more super long rant about how you don't have money and this thread will be closed. <3

It's not the buyer's fault you're sick and don't have the money. The fact that the buyer has money to spare is irrelevant. Bottom line: you sold him something that isn't what you advertised and he wants his money back. Anything you do to remedy the situation isn't out of the kindness of your heart, it's out of moral obligation. Really, you're circumventing the fact that he should get his money back. However, you are asking for our opinions and not even taking them into account, so...

$400 for 3 bmw rims sounds like a good price anyways.

Here's my question... Do u have pictures of the ones u gave him? Cause I've had this happen to my bf. Some guy bought tires and then a few hours later said they were wrong. But when he brought them back the tires weren't the same as the one in the picture. I'd either ask for some time to repay or I'd want to see the tires again to make sure they match up and UR not getting screwed over.

never meet them at your house and tell them to suck a lemon

ive never actually had to tell anyone to suck a lemon but that would be my plan of action

call the craigslist police amirite?

OP pretty nice lol

As a private seller you are usually not entitled to give them a refund unless specifically stated otherwise.

I wanna say the loud funny words too:
Tell them they can suck it & You don't care if they do break all your windows cause you just rent the house

I wanna say the loud funny words too:
Tell them they can suck it & You don't care if they do break all your windows cause you just rent the house

Wouldn't it be better to make them think you care if they break your windows, especially if you rent, so that they wouldn't go after you personally?

Something like:
Please don't break my newly installed and painted windows, but I only has enough to eat once a day after getting theys installed. ;)=D

Or 'insert name', go check on the trashcans sitting out front! (then fill a trashcan with some rocks and wait)

Wouldn't it be better to make them think you care if they break your windows, especially if you rent, so that they wouldn't go after you personally?

Something like:
Please don't break my newly installed and painted windows, but I only has enough to eat once a day after getting theys installed. ;)=D

Or 'insert name', go check on the trashcans sitting out front! (then fill a trashcan with some rocks and wait)

If you let them know that you do care about he windows they'll likely get broken. See you'd hafta act like you really don't care see, this isn't even my house, we just rent here. You're gonna just make your arms all tire hurling rocks at the glass & I won't be footing the bill anyways.
Next time meet at a public place, like a grocery store and this won't happen

The problem with your argument is that it is much more work to clean up glass than to throw a rock.

I dont think your guys advice is needed, op is from 2 years ago. I assume this predicament has long since been resolved.

Please stfu, we started a new discussion. Would you care to add something useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.