• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Crack- weird reaction - question

Junkiedream00

Greenlighter
Hi everyone- I have been coming to this site for years and years and this is my first post. I apologize if this is in the wrong section- I am just scared and thought my fellow drug buddies could help.

I have been using drugs on and off since i was 15. i am 33 now. i was addicted to IV heroin and cocaine, have been to way to many long term treatments and have had a good amount of clean time in between. In the last two years I relapsed on heroin and cocaine again and in June of 2021 went back to rehab. While there I got on methadone and am currently on 70mg. I chose to not go any higher thinking that I wouldn’t stay on it long but it’s been over a year now and the fear of getting sick keeps me staying on it. Anyways, I’m February of 2022 I stayed using IV cocaine again. At first it was fine and fun, but then I started having insane panic attacks everytime I would shoot it. My heart felt like it was going to stop, I would start shaking. I was convinced it was a heart attack. Twice I called an ambulance thinking I was dying just for them to get to my apartment and then realized I was fine after they checked my vitals. It was insane. This kept happening over and over again. I would shoot it and my chest would feel crazy, I would get all red, the skin on my chest would be all splotchy red. It felt like my chest was tightening, maybe heart palpations? It also would feel like a rubber band was tied around my upper chest and back. I’m not really sure how to describe it but it was scary as fuck. I could not stop using though despite feeling like I was dying. As soon as I calmed down and I started feeling normal. I’d use again and start feeling the same way.

Fast forward to today, I got so freaked out from the IV coke that I decided to do what any other drug loving coke head would do and started smoking crack. At first again, it was fine. I wasn’t really feeling too many bad side effects and I enjoyed it. I also would only use like once every two or three weeks and then be done. Today, the horrible side effects are back, and have been happening for a month or so now. My chest feels so weird, tight, painful, palpitations. As soon as I take a hit I start pacing around, kind of hyperventilating, my body starts twitching kind of like I can’t sit still. Every single time I take a hit it happens but I can’t fucking stop using. Everytime it’s gone I think of how I need to get more and the cycle continues. I’m scared I’m going to die. I have been doing about a gram a day, and just this past week about two grams a day. I’ve had the same dealer since 2020 when I initially relapsed and used the IV cocaine. He gets different kinds every now and then but I still get this reaction most of the time. Very rarely do I try a new kind of his and I don’t feel this way but it does happen now and then where I feel ok. Today I tried two different kinds and right now my heart feels like it’s squeezing and feels very tight around my whole upper chest. What’s the deal? I mean obviously I know crack is horrible for your heart…but a few years back I could smoke and shoot crack and would never feel this way. At first it was anxiety but now this doesn’t feel like anxiety, it feels like something is going on. Is it what he cuts it with?am I getting old and just can’t handle the stims anymore? Maybe I need to just take a break? I’ve been smoking this for at least a month straight. I know the answer is to just stop using of course. Any thoughts? Please be nice? I know I’m a dumbass, I guess I’m just looking to not feel like I’m alone.

Thanks guys for reading this long ass post and hopefully it makes sense.

As we get older our bodies become less resilient and can't handle the incredible strain things like IV cocaine do to our bodies. I honestly think you already know the answer to this my friend. You need to stop or else you will eventually die.

Nobody here is going to pass judgement, but sometimes the blunt truth is required. 2g per day is a lot.

Can you get back into rehab?

As we get older our bodies become less resilient and can't handle the incredible strain things like IV cocaine do to our bodies. I honestly think you already know the answer to this my friend. You need to stop or else you will eventually die.

Nobody here is going to pass judgement, but sometimes the blunt truth is required. 2g per day is a lot.

Can you get back into rehab?
Thank you Snafu, and you’re right. I do already know the answer. I was just hoping I could keep living in denial and pretend it’s not a problem 🙂- today I’ve hardly used it because of how scared I am of the feeling. I live alone and keep telling myself that I am going to die in this apartment if I don’t stop. The horrible feeling from this shit far outweighs the good feeling of the high so I’m basically just doing taking a hit for no reason. It’s so bad that the last day or two I’ve refused to use it until someone is here like my boyfriend( who doesn’t know I’m using) Incase I end up having some kind of heart attack or stroke. This is fucking crazy. I have a good job and am scared I’ll lose it if I have to go to rehab but the reality is? I’m going to lose it either way if I continue to use.

Thank you for your words, I think I just needed to hear someone say that I need to stop and get my shit together.

Thank you Snafu, and you’re right. I do already know the answer. I was just hoping I could keep living in denial and pretend it’s not a problem 🙂- today I’ve hardly used it because of how scared I am of the feeling. I live alone and keep telling myself that I am going to die in this apartment if I don’t stop. The horrible feeling from this shit far outweighs the good feeling of the high so I’m basically just doing taking a hit for no reason. It’s so bad that the last day or two I’ve refused to use it until someone is here like my boyfriend( who doesn’t know I’m using) Incase I end up having some kind of heart attack or stroke. This is fucking crazy. I have a good job and am scared I’ll lose it if I have to go to rehab but the reality is? I’m going to lose it either way if I continue to use.

Thank you for your words, I think I just needed to hear someone say that I need to stop and get my shit together.
You can do it, friend. I wish you all the best.

It can be a wake up call to visit the Bluelight Shrine to see just how many members of this website we have lost over the years to drugs.

We're always here if you ever need someone to talk to. We can all relate.

You can do it, friend. I wish you all the best.

It can be a wake up call to visit the Bluelight Shrine to see just how many members of this website we have lost over the years to drugs.

We're always here if you ever need someone to talk to. We can all relate.
One more random question- I notice that also the stuff I’ve been doing will sometimes cause my pupils to look like pinpoints and not the usual dilated type. It’s not laced with fentanyl or anything. Aren’t stimulants always supposed to cause dilation?

One more random question- I notice that also the stuff I’ve been doing will sometimes cause my pupils to look like pinpoints and not the usual dilated type. It’s not laced with fentanyl or anything. Aren’t stimulants always supposed to cause dilation?
I'm not totally sure about crack, I do think it's supposed to constrict but I'm not sure.

But meth causes both dilated and contracted pupils. It tends to contract first then dilate after a few hours (or vice versa).

Heroin and opioids will always cause constricted pinpoint pupils.

It's also possible you may be putting yourself into serotonin syndrome, which in my experience caused pinpoint pupils. It also causes all sorts of awful side effects.

Last edited:
I'm not totally sure about crack, I do think it's supposed to constrict but I'm not sure.

But meth causes both dilated and contracted pupils. It tends to contract first then dilate after a few hours (or vice versa).

Heroin and opioids will always cause constricted pinpoint pupils.

It's also possible you may be putting yourself into serotonin syndrome, which in my experience caused pinpoint pupils. It also causes all sorts of awful side effects.
Wow, I didn’t even realize that it could have been serotonin syndrome but after still using today and the last hour feeling like Somethings wrong, I realize that is what I’d happening. I am not using again tonight and am going to go to detox tomorrow. Thanks again so much for your help.

Hey, I’m not experienced with crack however for almost 2 years I was a daily cocaine user (snorting) between 1-2g a day. I started getting similar sensations feeling like I was having a heart attack , tight chest, tingling arms, pinprick pupils, all that etc etc but still using, I hear you! My body had enough but I just kept going it was insanity! I’ve always been an overthinker and I was constantly scared I was going to die but nope, still didn’t stop me. I was a spiritual, nature loving , doting mother who lived with pure integrity but that shit turned my soul so ugly, I was sneaking around, lying, stealing from my ex (he was a coke dealer so it was always there) he was very abusive & manipulative and in hindsight I think he knew I was taking it so left it places I would find so I wouldn’t leave him n stay hooked. I was a shit mum, always snapping at my kids, lazy, sly. A shadow of the girl I once was. luckily for me my relationship ended with my then boyfriend/supplier and I started the recovery process as it was no longer available to me. , I felt so relieved but so anxious. Right before this happened while I was still using daily, I had to go to the hospital because of a car accident (I wasn’t driving on drugs I was a passenger) and they done an ECG and told me my heart was fine, that was step one for me and gave me a lot of confidence, I believed I was done for before that. try get your heart checked if you can. I then went to a naturopathic doctor about my anxiety and symptoms mentioned and the coke use and he explained to me about how my nervous system was just shredded, which was why I was likely feeling this way. he described it like those things that encase wires behind a tv (wires being my CNS) and the casing was all worn away due to the coke use and constant fight or flight, my adrenals were burnt out, he showed me a couple techniques on how to switch myself back into parasympathetic mode, he immediately gave me a high dose of magnesium supplements to take to help with this , along with NAC , live salt (grey Celtic or Himalayan) for hydration minerals and electrolytes, and nettle seed for my kidneys and adrenals.I swear to you I felt better within 24 hours of these things and have not looked back since , my ex and I broke up all in the same day and my relationship with coke ended too . It really is mind over matter , for me I knew I’d just had enough of being a slave to a white powder and I was just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired !! It’s exhausting bein addicted to stims!! I hope you find peace, can change your environment and recover ❤️It’s never too late Xxx

Hey, I’m not experienced with crack however for almost 2 years I was a daily cocaine user (snorting) between 1-2g a day. I started getting similar sensations feeling like I was having a heart attack , tight chest, tingling arms, pinprick pupils, all that etc etc but still using, I hear you! My body had enough but I just kept going it was insanity! I’ve always been an overthinker and I was constantly scared I was going to die but nope, still didn’t stop me. I was a spiritual, nature loving , doting mother who lived with pure integrity but that shit turned my soul so ugly, I was sneaking around, lying, stealing from my ex (he was a coke dealer so it was always there) he was very abusive & manipulative and in hindsight I think he knew I was taking it so left it places I would find so I wouldn’t leave him n stay hooked. I was a shit mum, always snapping at my kids, lazy, sly. A shadow of the girl I once was. luckily for me my relationship ended with my then boyfriend/supplier and I started the recovery process as it was no longer available to me. , I felt so relieved but so anxious. Right before this happened while I was still using daily, I had to go to the hospital because of a car accident (I wasn’t driving on drugs I was a passenger) and they done an ECG and told me my heart was fine, that was step one for me and gave me a lot of confidence, I believed I was done for before that. try get your heart checked if you can. I then went to a naturopathic doctor about my anxiety and symptoms mentioned and the coke use and he explained to me about how my nervous system was just shredded, which was why I was likely feeling this way. he described it like those things that encase wires behind a tv (wires being my CNS) and the casing was all worn away due to the coke use and constant fight or flight, my adrenals were burnt out, he showed me a couple techniques on how to switch myself back into parasympathetic mode, he immediately gave me a high dose of magnesium supplements to take to help with this , along with NAC , live salt (grey Celtic or Himalayan) for hydration minerals and electrolytes, and nettle seed for my kidneys and adrenals.I swear to you I felt better within 24 hours of these things and have not looked back since , my ex and I broke up all in the same day and my relationship with coke ended too . It really is mind over matter , for me I knew I’d just had enough of being a slave to a white powder and I was just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired !! It’s exhausting bein addicted to stims!! I hope you find peace, can change your environment and recover ❤️It’s never too late Xxx
Thank you so much for your words! I’m sitting here now, 2:30 Am unable to sleep because of serious weird chest pain and thinking I’m going to die. Your post just helped me so much and I’m so glad I’m not alone! It’s so crazy isn’t it? I can’t fucki my stop, even though I feel this way 9 times out of 10.

Hi everyone- I have been coming to this site for years and years and this is my first post. I apologize if this is in the wrong section- I am just scared and thought my fellow drug buddies could help.

I have been using drugs on and off since i was 15. i am 33 now. i was addicted to IV heroin and cocaine, have been to way to many long term treatments and have had a good amount of clean time in between. In the last two years I relapsed on heroin and cocaine again and in June of 2021 went back to rehab. While there I got on methadone and am currently on 70mg. I chose to not go any higher thinking that I wouldn’t stay on it long but it’s been over a year now and the fear of getting sick keeps me staying on it. Anyways, I’m February of 2022 I stayed using IV cocaine again. At first it was fine and fun, but then I started having insane panic attacks everytime I would shoot it. My heart felt like it was going to stop, I would start shaking. I was convinced it was a heart attack. Twice I called an ambulance thinking I was dying just for them to get to my apartment and then realized I was fine after they checked my vitals. It was insane. This kept happening over and over again. I would shoot it and my chest would feel crazy, I would get all red, the skin on my chest would be all splotchy red. It felt like my chest was tightening, maybe heart palpations? It also would feel like a rubber band was tied around my upper chest and back. I’m not really sure how to describe it but it was scary as fuck. I could not stop using though despite feeling like I was dying. As soon as I calmed down and I started feeling normal. I’d use again and start feeling the same way.

Fast forward to today, I got so freaked out from the IV coke that I decided to do what any other drug loving coke head would do and started smoking crack. At first again, it was fine. I wasn’t really feeling too many bad side effects and I enjoyed it. I also would only use like once every two or three weeks and then be done. Today, the horrible side effects are back, and have been happening for a month or so now. My chest feels so weird, tight, painful, palpitations. As soon as I take a hit I start pacing around, kind of hyperventilating, my body starts twitching kind of like I can’t sit still. Every single time I take a hit it happens but I can’t fucking stop using. Everytime it’s gone I think of how I need to get more and the cycle continues. I’m scared I’m going to die. I have been doing about a gram a day, and just this past week about two grams a day. I’ve had the same dealer since 2020 when I initially relapsed and used the IV cocaine. He gets different kinds every now and then but I still get this reaction most of the time. Very rarely do I try a new kind of his and I don’t feel this way but it does happen now and then .Its shitty rock... and the cut responsible for the sketchy buzz and tightness in the chest is called comeback. Go buy powder and make it yourself, you will immediately have clear airways. This shit can have zero coke and still melt and look like crack. You will also get full of painful open sores. Find a new source.

Fast forward to today, I got so freaked out from the IV coke that I decided to do what any other drug loving coke head would do and started smoking crack. At first again, it was fine. I wasn’t really feeling too many bad side effects and I enjoyed it. I also would only use like once every two or three weeks and then be done. Today, the horrible side effects are back, and have been happening for a month or so now. My chest feels so weird, tight, painful, palpitations. As soon as I take a hit I start pacing around, kind of hyperventilating, my body starts twitching kind of like I can’t sit still. Every single time I take a hit it happens but I can’t fucking stop using. Everytime it’s gone I think of how I need to get more and the cycle continues. I’m scared I’m going to die. I have been doing about a gram a day, and just this past week about two grams a day. I’ve had the same dealer since 2020 when I initially relapsed and used the IV cocaine. He gets different kinds every now and then but I still get this reaction most of the time. Very rarely do I try a new kind of his and I don’t feel this way but it does happen now and then where I feel ok. Today I tried two different kinds and right now my heart feels like it’s squeezing and feels very tight around my whole upper chest. What’s the deal? I mean obviously I know crack is horrible for your heart…but a few years back I could smoke and shoot crack and would never feel this way. At first it was anxiety but now this doesn’t feel like anxiety, it feels like something is going on. Is it what he cuts it with?am I getting old and just can’t handle the stims anymore? Maybe I need to just take a break? I’ve been smoking this for at least a month straight. I know the answer is to just stop using of course. Any thoughts? Please be nice? I know I’m a dumbass, I guess I’m just looking to not feel like I’m alone.

Thanks guys for reading this long ass post and hopefully it makes sense.
Trust me it is shitty cut as you suspected. Immediately you become unable to breath, have lung pain and think the world is ending. The culprit is a crack cut called comeback. Buy a new batch, make it at home and you will instantly be able to breath. Cocaine does not constrict your airways rather it dilates. You will also get painful open sores all over your body. Stop smoking it I don't care if you have a b of it throw it out now

youre young don't worry ...I'm sure you have a few more coke years ...remember its NOT physically addicting, though you should know being an x opiate addict.

youre young don't worry ...I'm sure you have a few more coke years ...remember its NOT physically addicting, though you should know being an x opiate addict.
wow

unhelpful

OP yes coke is not physically addictive and you can just force youself to let the gaps between use get bigger every time. not easy but really the best way.

I dunno what it is with rehab but I've seen lots of people quit lots of drugs because they decided they didn't want to keep doing it.

you have to convince yourself you hate it. if you hate what it does to you and you love yourself then thats achievable. first step. love yourself more, respect your body more.

its about self love. when you love yourself a lot destroying yourself is harder to do

self care keeps using drugs as a rare occasional past time (even alcohol) because you want to look good, feel good, sleep good, eat good etc. cocaine is distracting you from looking after your human machine properly. it will be changing your nose shape when you snort it too much and damaging your heart slowly in little increments. your okay now but keep this up and it will catch up with you.

OP would you sit about eating crappy doughnuts and sweets all day? same principal. treat yourself to healthy behaviours and behaviour patterns.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your words! I’m sitting here now, 2:30 Am unable to sleep because of serious weird chest pain and thinking I’m going to die. Your post just helped me so much and I’m so glad I’m not alone! It’s so crazy isn’t it? I can’t fucki my stop, even though I feel this way 9 times out of 10.
Your welcome, I hope your ok? I remember feeling the same so often,‘laying in bed trying to sleep at 3am Heart rate returning to normal anxiety starting to simmer then thinking fuck it one more line i swear I’d talk to myself while doin it saying what the fuckkkk am I doing!? Like my conscious mind dont wanna b all anxious n I had to get up at 7! . But something deeper in the unconscious was driving me. It’s like self harm in a way..my friend asked me ‘if your body is the vehicle who tf is in the drivers seat? Bout time you got into it n took a bit of control ‘ that stuck with me .. life can be good if we use one of only powers we have left in this society which is our CHOICE. Always one choice away.

I don’t know where u live but if poss try and get your heart n lungs checked, honestly. You’d be surprised how resilient the body is n how the mind can sometimes be our own worst enemy with the symptoms of amph induced anxiety!! Xx

Trust me it is shitty cut as you suspected. Immediately you become unable to breath, have lung pain and think the world is ending. The culprit is a crack cut called comeback. Buy a new batch, make it at home and you will instantly be able to breath. Cocaine does not constrict your airways rather it dilates. You will also get painful open sores all over your body. Stop smoking it I don't care if you have a b of it throw it out now
Oh wow I didn’t even know about that, I jist looked it up
Your welcome, I hope your ok? I remember feeling the same so often,‘laying in bed trying to sleep at 3am Heart rate returning to normal anxiety starting to simmer then thinking fuck it one more line i swear I’d talk to myself while doin it saying what the fuckkkk am I doing!? Like my conscious mind dont wanna b all anxious n I had to get up at 7! . But something deeper in the unconscious was driving me. It’s like self harm in a way..my friend asked me ‘if your body is the vehicle who tf is in the drivers seat? Bout time you got into it n took a bit of control ‘ that stuck with me .. life can be good if we use one of only powers we have left in this society which is our CHOICE. Always one choice away.

I don’t know where u live but if poss try and get your heart n lungs checked, honestly. You’d be surprised how resilient the body is n how the mind can sometimes be our own worst enemy with the symptoms of amph induced anxiety!! Xx

Omg you are describing me exactly! My chest will be killing me and I tell myself how doing more isn’t going to make me feel any better or higher but I still fucking do it! It’s insanity. Everyday I tell myself how I’m going to fucking die but as soon as I run out i need more. I’m tried and angry at myself.

I did get my heart checked out twice about 6 months or so ago and they said everything was fine but then was when I was doing IV coke. Since then I’ve switched to crack and honestly have had even more scares of heart attacks since switching..which I would think the opppsite but I don’t know. I think my drug use needs to end and I need to get help.it’s always so hard to make that first step though.

❤️

wow

unhelpful

OP yes coke is not physically addictive and you can just force youself to let the gaps between use get bigger every time. not easy but really the best way.

I dunno what it is with rehab but I've seen lots of people quit lots of drugs because they decided they didn't want to keep doing it.

you have to convince yourself you hate it. if you hate what it does to you and you love yourself then thats achievable. first step. love yourself more, respect your body more.

its about self love. when you love yourself a lot destroying yourself is harder to do

self care keeps using drugs as a rare occasional past time (even alcohol) because you want to look good, feel good, sleep good, eat good etc. cocaine is distracting you from looking after your human machine properly. it will be changing your nose shape when you snort it too much and damaging your heart slowly in little increments. your okay now but keep this up and it will catch up with you.

OP would you sit about eating crappy doughnuts and sweets all day? same principal. treat yourself to healthy behaviours and behaviour patterns.
Thank you so much for your words and you’re right. I’ve always struggled with low self worth and self hatred as I’m sure many of us addicts do. There was a few times back when I was doing heroin that i prayed i would die. I don’t want to die anymore, but I’m going to if I don’t stop and that’s the reality.

Oh wow I didn’t even know about that, I jist looked it up

Omg you are describing me exactly! My chest will be killing me and I tell myself how doing more isn’t going to make me feel any better or higher but I still fucking do it! It’s insanity. Everyday I tell myself how I’m going to fucking die but as soon as I run out i need more. I’m tried and angry at myself.

I did get my heart checked out twice about 6 months or so ago and they said everything was fine but then was when I was doing IV coke. Since then I’ve switched to crack and honestly have had even more scares of heart attacks since switching..which I would think the opppsite but I don’t know. I think my drug use needs to end and I need to get help.it’s always so hard to make that first step though.

❤️
Well the self awareness is there which is a good start! I do have a feeling it could the nervous system just being absolutely burnt out by the constant fight/flight state and adrenaline that’s giving you those extra symptoms of the ‘I’m gonna die’ as we all know and it’s proven much more cardio toxic to iv than smoke... so logic says your probably okay 👍 I remember Once I slept funny and woke up my jaw was hurting, convinced myself fully it was a heart attack as soon as I ‘noticed’ the jaw pain anxiety made my chest tight arms heavy etc etc. Honestly I get why they call it the devils dandrufff 😂😂

I know everyone’s different but honestly, try change your environment, get away for a few days maybe somewhere you can’t pick anything up and make sure that time is filled with things to do and healthy foods fresh air etc maybe, hopefully feeling that good will make you realise what you been missing 😁 (microdosing shrooms also REALLY helped me with the whole process too- and one macro dose) xx keep us updated on the journey , would love to hear you’ve kicked the habit ❤️ Imagine just going to bed sleeping peacefully with no palpitations or panic and waking up with purpose excited to just be alive!! Power for that is all in your hands just make the choice 🙌 xxxx

Thank you so much for your words and you’re right. I’ve always struggled with low self worth and self hatred as I’m sure many of us addicts do. There was a few times back when I was doing heroin that i prayed i would die. I don’t want to die anymore, but I’m going to if I don’t stop and that’s the reality.
my friend described it as "i'm too good for coke"

I know this is so old but the same thing happened to me with weed, I was an avid smoker until one day I had a reaction that caused my heart rate to skyrocket. It was a terrible experience. Every time after I smoked weed it'd be the same thing massive anxiety attack heart rate feeling like it's in the 200s. I figured it has to be ptsd of some sort, I smoke crack every know and again and have felt the same thing sometimes even the same anxiety that I had with weed creeping in, but stimulants luckily give me a God complex. Trust me it's more than likely anxiety and everytime you smoke it's anxiety bringing it back out because you're so terrified of it happening everytime. Or you could have something underlying, go get checked out it will ease your mind. I am not an expert on anxiety by the way mine still controls me everyday and I still can't smoke weed even after five years. Just thought I'd put my input and experience in thing like reoccurring anxiety attacks while high and paranoia. Hope you're doing better my friend and hope you were able to quit.