• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Covid ended my overseas supply of tramadol who knows How long... so I’m stuck about to withdraw help please!

crisler

Bluelighter
I have a few pills left but doubt I’ll get more as Covid stopped overseas supply from arriving on this side!

I’m mainly afraid of losing my job when I run out of these tramadol I have been taking them for 4 years for off label depression. It’s worked but that’s not what this is about, how can I survive this running out? I’m really scared I have enough pills I’ve calculated to do this following taper, and will this be enough to help me not go through the worst..

250mg per day for 4 years:

150mg per day for 3 weeks
100mg per day for 2 weeks
50mg per day for 2 weeks
25mg per day for 6 days almost 1 week

Is this enough to do anything good for me as far as withdrawing I’m a noob to this all please help any Thomas Recipe’s you guys know or anything will help me I’m already hulk buying Kratom ty guys stay blessed!

Hmm I would attempt to stay on 150 mg for one week only. After that drop to 100 mg. That will give you 700 mg that you can use to extend your taper. If 100 is unbearable after some time then add 25 mg and see if that is enough otherwise add a few more days on 150 mg and try again. I have had several horrible taperd on tramadol and in my experience it is worth having one or two bad days if that can extend the period of time of the taper because 1 or 2 bad days in the start might mean several less bad days in total.

I recommend this because the absolutely worst part of my detox was not being able to sleep at all for close to 5 days when I reached 0 mg until I went more or less psychotic (tried to crawl out of my window from the third floor), but my girlfriend managed to stop me. I couldn't sleep because tramadol withdrawal cause a bat shit crazy amount of restless leg syndrome. If you can get your hands of muscle-relaxants especially this might be able to take the worst. Benzodiazepines could also help, but not as much as muscle-relaxants plus going from tramadol to benzo's is kinda like going from hash to crack imo. 24 hours day after day without sleep while in withdrawal is SO much worse than 18 hours awake and 6 hours sleep.

So try to extend the taper over as many days as you can.

Pregabalin or Gabapentin can help you a little with the withdrawals. They can also help make the psychological withdrawals you will have when you hit zero mg a little worse.

Quetiapine and Promathezine can be used To help you sleep. Stay away from alcohol, that will make things worse.

Also try to attempt to take your dosage as late on the day as you possibly can. Psychologically I had it best early in the day while having it the worst during evenings and nights.

Let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you during your taper. Further advise or just talking while you go through it if that helps. Anything at all as long as it is for harm-reduction purposes and follows the rules of the forum.
PM me if I do not answer your posts here or if you just want the talking to be private.

But it might just be that your Kratom can help you sleep where I couldn't. I did not have that at my disposal.

Just be careful not just to get hooked on Kratom instead.

Is it your wish to stay of the tramadol for good after you get to the other side or do you intend to start again as soon as it is available again?

Hmm I would attempt to stay on 150 mg for one week only. After that drop to 100 mg. That will give you 700 mg that you can use to extend your taper. If 100 is unbearable after some time then add 25 mg and see if that is enough otherwise add a few more days on 150 mg and try again. I have had several horrible taperd on tramadol and in my experience it is worth having one or two bad days if that can extend the period of time of the taper because 1 or 2 bad days in the start might mean several less bad days in total.

I recommend this because the absolutely worst part of my detox was not being able to sleep at all for close to 5 days when I reached 0 mg until I went more or less psychotic (tried to crawl out of my window from the third floor), but my girlfriend managed to stop me. I couldn't sleep because tramadol withdrawal cause a bat shit crazy amount of restless leg syndrome. If you can get your hands of muscle-relaxants especially this might be able to take the worst. Benzodiazepines could also help, but not as much as muscle-relaxants plus going from tramadol to benzo's is kinda like going from hash to crack imo. 24 hours day after day without sleep while in withdrawal is SO much worse than 18 hours awake and 6 hours sleep.

So try to extend the taper over as many days as you can.

Pregabalin or Gabapentin can help you a little with the withdrawals. They can also help make the psychological withdrawals you will have when you hit zero mg a little worse.

Quetiapine and Promathezine can be used To help you sleep. Stay away from alcohol, that will make things worse.

Also try to attempt to take your dosage as late on the day as you possibly can. Psychologically I had it best early in the day while having it the worst during evenings and nights.

Let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you during your taper. Further advise or just talking while you go through it if that helps. Anything at all as long as it is for harm-reduction purposes and follows the rules of the forum.
PM me if I do not answer your posts here or if you just want the talking to be private.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help! I will definitely take your advice and try to taper this as long as humanly possible before the inevitable plunge. Thank you

Hopefully the kratom is the magic pill/ingredient for tramadol withdrawal like a few folk on YouTube claim 🙏🏾🙏🏾 It’s time to do this

When you have Kratom I will have to advise against mixing in Pregabalin or Gabapentin. Mixing too many different drugs are always a bad idea. In the end the possible interactions gets too complex to keep track of.

I wishi could offer you some insight into how much Kratom will help. But let me know which specific strains you have bought and I will do some research.

Is all your tramadol instant-release or do you have some extended-release capsules or tablets?

It’s instant release but the snri effects go all day even after the other effects are gone. That’s what I love so much. This Covid really messed it all up I hate this stuff so much

I have a few pills left but doubt I’ll get more as Covid stopped overseas supply from arriving on this side!

I’m mainly afraid of losing my job when I run out of these tramadol I have been taking them for 4 years for off label depression. It’s worked but that’s not what this is about, how can I survive this running out? I’m really scared I have enough pills I’ve calculated to do this following taper, and will this be enough to help me not go through the worst..

250mg per day for 4 years:

150mg per day for 3 weeks
100mg per day for 2 weeks
50mg per day for 2 weeks
25mg per day for 6 days almost 1 week

Is this enough to do anything good for me as far as withdrawing I’m a noob to this all please help any Thomas Recipe’s you guys know or anything will help me I’m already hulk buying Kratom ty guys stay blessed!

I went from Living in tramadol for two years and how I stopped was taking codeine the over the counter kind, I used it instead and just kept lowering the dose until a-week or two passed and then I came off codeine with little to no withdrawal

So do you just take the IR tramadol once per day? I don't think it should be too unbearable if that's the case, kratom should work well too, probably wont last as long though, dont think you would need a ton either

the most efficient route is to taper 50mg per week, when you get to 50 mg you can go a week with 25 as you initially intended to 0. if you were on higher dosages you could've tapered even 100mg per week, that's how I did it when I was on 1000mg+.

the codeine advice is nice too, I did that too and stayed on the codeine for 2-3 weeks till the snri effect passed and I only had to deal with a minimal opioid withdrawal. you can do some cold water extractions on over the counter codeine. first try it with the simple tramadol taper, if you still have some issues after the 25mg to 0mg, get on max 100mg codeine, you don't need to get high on it, only to keep the opiate withdrawal part off like diarheea stomach cramps insomnia etc. this way you avoid having the typical brain zaps associated with tramadol withdrawal and the symptoms mentioned earlier at the same time.

What about Kratom and some SRRI like sertraline? Are there any contraindications?

When I'm out of tramadol (a lot of times), I have taken sertraline and I don't know if it was a placebo or what, but the withdrawal was not as hard as other times.

Just do a low as possible for like two days like above said one or two bad days help loads I had been taking oxy and gear last week had three proper bad days now a 20mg oxy not crushed is doing the job not getting me high stopping rattle

I’ve been committed to my taper I’m so happy! I can do this never thought I’d get off of this thing soon. I will use Keaton during the day at work once I get down to low low doses and just take my 50 or 25mg at bed time at the end so hopefully the jrat helps my situation. That is something I understand I can get addicted to but it’s much better than grabbing my moms Percocet bottle at her house and taking those to help which I think would help but I’m gonna use kratom. It’s time to get off I can’t run anymore it’s all over I have to get off even risking kratom withdrawal in the future. Atleast kratom is legal and obtainable though so I’m not concerned the trade off will def be worth the hell im about to go thru that I PRAY I am minimizing !

After looking at my post history on this site I’m more than ready to quit. I’m ashamed how this drug has owned my life I am ready it is time

percocet withrawal is less complex, but due to the fact that you have to take someones script, it's better to stick to your meds, slowly you'll feel better. by the way, don't just taper and be idle, while you taper implement new changes in your life, and find other habits ( non-substance ones ) that will fill the void, because if you taper and get off without changing your routines and lifestyle you'll find yourself back to square one quickly. get into a sport, into a hobby, anything that makes you happy really, even if it is throwing rocks in the lake.

I was addicted to tramadol its a bitch to come off, I was prescribed them off label for generalised anxiety disorder as I asked for them off my old doctor, but was only allowed 30 every 6 weeks, once or twice a week doctor said to take, ran out as ate 4-6 a day, so bought over net and off friends and got given a box off a neighbour who gets prescribed loads but only take a few so has loads spare, after a long while I told my doctor I don't want them anymore, and to give me mirtazapine for anxiety as I wanted to quit trams, not telling her how many I was really on lol

So I stopped in the end and even though I love them the shit I went coming off put me off getting addicted again

Had to take 4 off my neighbour yesterday to counteract a bad side effect from fake drugs that I got ripped off on, but I had 6 trams left so gave them to my mate as he has leg pains and his doctor only gave him shitty 15mg codeine

OP, I think you have a good perspective regarding your drug use. You recognize it's overall effects, and that is a wisdom that often takes years, and indeed sometimes is never found at all.

Get hold of it and take control while you can.

OP, I think you have a good perspective regarding your drug use. You recognize it's overall effects, and that is a wisdom that often takes years, and indeed sometimes is never found at all.

Get hold of it and take control while you can.

thank you for your meaningful words! I appreciate you all very much thanks for the support