Mental Health Couple of questions concerning antipsychotics

Ab33

Bluelighter
I have a couple concerns,questions,uncertainities,etc
I dont know if its the right sub.

Its like 1 year already that ive stopped taking antipsychotics (I had to take them bcs I thought I had "Mania" while I dont even have Bipolar dispenser after all, im a completely mentally healthy person. I basically admitted myself to the hospital as as mistake, that happened in februari 2020). I thought I was going crazy, but im sane!

I took 4/5 different ap's during a span of 4 months. I telt drowsy,maybe even cognitively impaired (maybe the stress made me anxious about the med, the anxiety causing a negative thought loop leading to thinking I was cognitively impaired xD or I exactly "was")

I have a couple of questions

-I did a blood test in september -> turned out I had high levels of tryglicerides, I also gained a couple of pounds/kilo's in weight. Does that go away with weight loss and abstaining of antipsychotics?
-Do most side effects go away in a couple of days/weeks (based on the length youve been on them)
-I read that these antipsychotics cause brain damage,etc
Does that reverses in normal again (the brain) if stopping the antipsychotics?

Yeah here are my questions basically.

Hi @Ab33 I'm going to move your thread over to the Mental Health forum, as we have a fair amount of people in there who are discussing different antipsychotics and the side effects of them.

Thx for your replies.
Im sure im recovered from most side effects by now. I had akhatisia though and cognitive impairments/anhedonia/depression,etc as side effect. But I feel like most of them are pretty much gone.

I have a couple concerns,questions,uncertainities,etc
I dont know if its the right sub.

Its like 1 year already that ive stopped taking antipsychotics (I had to take them bcs I thought I had "Mania" while I dont even have Bipolar dispenser after all, im a completely mentally healthy person. I basically admitted myself to the hospital as as mistake, that happened in februari 2020). I thought I was going crazy, but im sane!
Congratulations on working out your proper diagnosis and not getting caught up in the mental health system long term.
I took 4/5 different ap's during a span of 4 months. I telt drowsy,maybe even cognitively impaired (maybe the stress made me anxious about the med, the anxiety causing a negative thought loop leading to thinking I was cognitively impaired xD or I exactly "was")
Many AP’s have these side effects. They can make you feel like you have lost some of your emotional range or your cognitive abilities. I likened it to feeling like I lost 50 IQ points when I was on them. This also made me anxious and I worried about long term effects on study.
I have a couple of questions

-I did a blood test in september -> turned out I had high levels of tryglicerides, I also gained a couple of pounds/kilo's in weight. Does that go away with weight loss and abstaining of antipsychotics?
Yes. Exercise and heathy eating will return your weight to normal and your bloodwork to normal levels. Unless you have some other condition unrelated to the APS
-Do most side effects go away in a couple of days/weeks (based on the length youve been on them)
Because of neuroplasticity, AP’s can fundamentally change the structure of the brain and the sensitivity of receptors in the brain. One cause of withdrawal effects is hypersensitivity of the receptors blocked by the APS.The good news is that gradually you will will revert to a new equilibrium in which your sense of self and your cognitive abilities will feel quite normal. However, the longer you are on AP’s, the longer it takes to reach this new equilibrium. 4 months is not a very long time and I doubt many long term changes to your brain structure could have occurred in that time. I’ve heard many people say the recovery time is about the same time as the time you were taking them. So if you took them for a year, it might take a year to feel normal. But I think its more complicated than that.
-I read that these antipsychotics cause brain damage,etc
Not damage. Though they change tne structure and sensitivity of different parts of the brain over time. This has not been shown to results in any cognitive problems, but it does suggest that people can stop taking APs and still benefit long term from them.
Does that reverses in normal again (the brain) if stopping the antipsychotics?

Yeah here are my questions basically.
Don’