Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Countries with (relatively) liberal laws in Oceania(NZ)/Australia/East Asia

Ziiirp

Bluelighter
Hi,

since I do not know anything about the laws down there, I would really appreciate, if we could perhaps sum up, in which countries it is safest in this area to indulge in very sparse substance consumption. I want to could down anyway through leaving the confining environment of my home city.

I'm especially interested in the fact, which drugs are tolerated in NZ and Papua New Guinea. If nothing is tolerated so be it. Just would be good to know. ;)

Thanks in advance. %)

I get it, nobody does drugs in those countries, because it is already an awesome experience to live there in sobriety. Thanks for the clarification. =D

Kava? Pretty sure NZ has some strong analogue laws now same as Australia. Methylone was available legally there for a very short period of time but you missed that boat by 5 years or so. Lots of illicits (Meth, Cannabis, MDMA) there but pricey.
PNG is renowned for cannabis but I am pretty sure its illegal. If I believe what TV tells me it is a trafficking route into Northern Australia but full of Raskols armed to the teeth with itchy trigger fingers. Downlaod a tv series called "The Straights" for a fictional version of the PNG scene. Perhaps someone on here has been there recently and can tell us more about the reality. From what I hear it can be a dangerous place to visit.

There is a whole thread devoted to south east asia on here so give that a look in.

Australia is not a good place for drug consumers.
Highest prices in the world.
I believe nz is similar.
New Guinea i cannot speak for, but i do not believe there is an elaborate drug culture there..

Some parts of Australia have relatively liberal cannabis laws. Like you can grow a plant or carry a few grams without it being a criminal offence.

^ at officer's discretion, generally It's a roll of the dice...ie not guaranteed.

Thanks for the infos, really appreciated. Did not expect to get an opinion for Papua New Guinea at all. =D

I plan to accomplish a remarkable level of sobriety (not that far from the stat quo), but it is better to be safe than sorry. Unexpected rendezvous with executive officers are not on my todo list, although I know, that Guinea pigs are smaller than the European ones.

Are there any bluelighters from NZ, that can comment on the degree of the regulation in their country ? I know it is difficult to judge, when you not have lived somewhere else as long as in your home country, but perhaps you formed an opinion anyways.

Spoke with someone who has been in PNG. Apparently it is still a wild and dangerous place. He was talking about the highlands but I can imagine the city would be a different story.

NZ has a big cannabis and meth scene and it is also highly illegal.

What in particular are your predilections when it comes to drugs? For me those two are not really on my list of things to do. I think there is some mdma there but its also illegal.

Kava is used through out oceania and if I were visiting that would be on my list. NZ it is allowed but Australia it is restricted. I think its customary in Fiji, Hawaii, Vanuatu, Tonga and the like. Apparently PNG has strong kava but I dont know about the legal status. If you live in the US you are permitted to import and use kava anyway so no biggie.

Stay right away from the Philipines now. All hell is about to break loose there. Sounds like what happened under Thaksin in Thailand. A free for all no questions asked shoot the drug users / dealers on sight scenario. Very scary stuff indeed

Thanks for the hint @consumer.

Spoke with someone who has been in PNG. Apparently it is still a wild and dangerous place. He was talking about the highlands but I can imagine the city would be a different story.

NZ has a big cannabis and meth scene and it is also highly illegal.

What in particular are your predilections when it comes to drugs? For me those two are not really on my list of things to do. I think there is some mdma there but its also illegal.

Kava is used through out oceania and if I were visiting that would be on my list. NZ it is allowed but Australia it is restricted. I think its customary in Fiji, Hawaii, Vanuatu, Tonga and the like. Apparently PNG has strong kava but I dont know about the legal status. If you live in the US you are permitted to import and use kava anyway so no biggie.

Recreationally I'm mostly on the herbal path. Weed I only do in companion or as sleep aid. Otherwise I like the typical (formerly?) legal herbs like Kratom, Green Tea, Maté, Rodhiola, Kanna. I would never do synthetic stimulants socially, as those are pure anti-social functional drugs for me. MDMA I dislike. Psychedelics or dissociatives are also not important to me, so :

You're right, I should have explicitely asked about the situation of legal herbs in that area (NZ, Oceania, Australia), but since I dunno whats legal, I generalized it. Kava sounds good, never tried it (not so common in Europe). So when I order Kava while living in NZ, no complications should occur ?

I can imagine, that in the subtropical parts of NZ/Australia there should grow a lot of legal herbs wildly. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I have seen Kava distribution companies operating out of NZ. Not sure if they have a store front but most of it is coming from Vanuatu. In Australia there were store fronts and some of Kava bars up until they changed the laws.

There are a few nurseries and herb vendors in New South Wales and Queensland that you could check out if you are in the area. Pretty sure they are still operating. I'm not allowed to link them but you could google them easily. And yes they are in the subtropics. There is also an annual Mardi Grass that would be interesting to watch if you were in the area at the right time.

PNG is well known for it's cannabis, particularly PNG Gold. It's illegal but then again so is murder but that doesn't seem to stop the locals.

Hi,
Interesting to see kava mentioned. As far as i know (and i haven't heard anything recently) but there was talk of decriminalising kava completely in Australia on account of the traditional rituals that use it in the north? I used to live up there and the cops were busting it all the time but i kind of remember reading that those laws have laxed up a bit.
As for the other stuff, yeh, i can only repeat what everybody above me has already said. Australia is pricey, quality is generally shit (for coke) and depending on what state you're in can be more hassle then its worth. To use myself as an example... i was refused a study tour in Canada/USA recently on account of a conviction i received 9 years ago in the NT. My master crime? 0.4gm of cannabis and 0.5 mg MDMA. They actually went through the hassle of dragging me to court, fining me and recording a conviction for 1 joint and 1 pill. I hear the police are more lenient in other states.

You should not walk around with drugs in rural areas as a teen. The cops are bored to death anywhere in the world in the countryside. I suppose such a thing could not happen in an Australian City ?

Depends on how dodgy you look or how unlucky you are.
Random sniffer dog searches happen from time to time in some of the capital cities.