• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Counteracting dental decay from methamphetamine?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Re dental decay:

It's evident to me whilst using stimulants, that vasoconstriction is the primary cause of dental decay.

They essentially starve the root nerve of the tooth from blood flow, done over a sustained period = cavities etc.

Using a vasodilator whilst on meth, may counter act this.

But what could be effective?

Leafy greens (spinach) get converted to nitric oxide = excellent vasodilator.

Chewing these over the course of methamphetamine use may be a counter measure?

It's just, I have no idea if nitric oxide conversion happens in the mouth and thus act locally at oral/dental blood vessels.

Anyone try this?

A poster on r/drugs claims Terazosin is very effective for this purpose.

Alpha 1 adrenergic blocker, unsure if that reduces the euphoria of meth?

I have been using meth of really nice quality for around 8 years, and last 4 yrs daily, i understand you, the best way to keep dental health, is keep the dose in a balance.

If i smoke to get the desired effects, i dont get the inflamation af the blood vessels between my teeth, its super unconfortable, feels like i have food stuck, and just worries and distract the shit out me a lot, i hate that dry inflammation mouth sensation, but i just get it when im smoking more than needed, cuz i dont need to augment or prolong the effects, at that point, but i continue using in a more recreative way, without feeling really almost anything but enjoying to have the pipe in my mouth 24/7.

The rest, is drink a lot of water, always have a refillable bottle of water, will help other areas a lot too, and keep good hygiene, nice brush technique and very soft texture of the hairs of your teeth cleaner, dental floss and maybe you want to take a gingivitis mouthwash to the first month, then its no need to use mouthwash, but if you want to use, buy without alcohol, and the softest possible formula.

its very easy to keep nice teeth even on daily meth smoking use, just take care of yourself, i have bruxism when im sleeping, rarely i overstimulate to the point i have it on meth, but its a problem for ppl with low tolerance or not chronic use.
The asleep bruxism problem have done MUCH MORE damage to all my teeth than meth, my teeth are slowly eating themselves, followed by lack of hygiene in long periods that caused lot of tiny caries that are lazy to grow.. cuz i have years with them and they dont grow even using meth and bad hygiene, but thats ask for problems at the long term, just take care of yourself and do over do the shit.

There are many misconceptions around what exactly causes the dental decay associated with stimulant (and usually MA) use. Many believe it's because MA itselt has an intrinisic pharmacological property that causes the dental decay seen. This factually isn't the case. Many medicines are vasoconstricters and many are far stronger then MA in this regard. Furthermore, this isn't an issue seen with people who are prescribed stimulants whom also have consistent, proper dental hygiene along with regularly drinking water.

Dental issues in those who use stimulants is caused by not drinking water regularly (MA makes the mouth dry so "regular" is the keyword here), and the junkie lifestyle which often involves not brushing often enough and sugary shite drinks.

My old man has been a daily methamphetamine user for 20+ years (one of those odd fellas who has a point or two in the morning and no more), and has proper dental hygiene. His teeth look better then mine.

There are many misconceptions around what exactly causes the dental decay associated with stimulant (and usually MA) use. Many believe it's because MA itselt has an intrinisic pharmacological property that causes the dental decay seen. This factually isn't the case. Many medicines are vasoconstricters and many are far stronger then MA in this regard. Furthermore, this isn't an issue seen with people who are prescribed stimulants whom also have consistent, proper dental hygiene along with regularly drinking water.

Dental issues in those who use stimulants is caused by not drinking water regularly (MA makes the mouth dry so "regular" is the keyword here), and the junkie lifestyle which often involves not brushing often enough and sugary shite drinks.

My old man has been a daily methamphetamine user for 20+ years (one of those odd fellas who has a point or two in the morning and no more), and has proper dental hygiene. His teeth look better then mine.
This.

Like dissociatives don't necessarily destroy your bladder as long as there is a certain balance between dosage and electrolytic solution (remember water alone is good but not all). I didn't feel meth or other stimulants to be so damaging, I didn't use them for long enough but mostly it's a) the smoking, b) impurities smoked and c) dehydration. Kratom in moderately-high doses (15g/d maybe) give me more dry mouth effects than a comparable dose of pure d-meth (maybe 15-10-5mg or so) did and nobody gets bad teeth from it.

Meth faces are same bureaucracy horseshit like the infamous egg on drugs.

What about gum recession ? I recently started to notice my gums are receding even though I brush twice a day and drink lot of water and fluids after meth binge.

I know only people that had abused meth (at least, smoked) and is experienced, know that effect too, i hate it... it makes me anxious and unconfortable feeling i have stuck food in my gums even if i havent eat in the last 39 days, i have the need to "take them out with dental floss", and is terrible and highly undesirable effect.

As i mentioned in my first post, the solution is simple:

Use a dose that doesnt show that evident gum inflamation, leading to anormal function, that leads to who knows.

That effect is well known by meow, and happens when im smoking even without taking care that im hitting the pipe every minute, and dont feeling something exta special, i just enjoy it, but at that point of iflamation in gums, remembers me that im using like a fool a expensive very useful chemical.

The terapeuthic and the recreational effects come before that undesirable effects, may occur in ppl without tolerance, but its more common in ppl with tolerance and addiction, becouse meth is so powerful in their effects at the brain, and u dont need such doses to get extremely high, opossite as you cant get any euphoria with smoking ROA even if u smoke all day, becouse your tolerance is at the roof, and more drug will pronunce some negative side effects, but dont show almost any mind desired effects.

Keep your dose low... dominate the compound... cmon, i have been a moron for years, but its not so hard to use substances withuot put them in the center of your life, but for someones like me is a difficult work, but worths the effort for sure, especially becouse i love the improving searched efects of using x drug, hate side effects, but need to be honest with myself and control myself, not being the donk of a chemical compound.

Purrrrraw