• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

countdown...

I thought it was brilliant. Obviously it didn't have the same "freshness" of the original, and it did feel a bit sequelly due to frequent insertion of footage from the first film, but it was well paced, highly entertaining start to finish without ever getting boring, and actually really fucking funny at points (as well as emotionally grabbing at others). Definitely one to see in the cinema if you get the chance, hearing the audience's enthusiastic responses to various humorous throwbacks to dialogue and references from the original added to the experience for sure.

Pretty excellent. Mostly relied on young fathers, some inclusion of material from the first... I'd actually say one of my few complaints was they possibly went a bit overboard with it, i.e. changing and adding new music very frequently, but it was still always fitting to the scene.

Is it a good film in its own right though? Or just cashing in on the popularity of the original?

Oh it's a good film in its own right for sure, but that doesn't change the fact that you'd probably have to be a fan of the first film to get the most out of the experience. It incites a lot of nostalgia for the first film, but it's done in a tasteful way. It also has its own story to tell, and at no point did I think the extension of the characters storylines did my original impression of them a disservice; on the contrary it deepened my appreciation of them.

Well, occasionally, staggered release dates can work the other way around :p

You should try to arrange release dates such as 8 April in the USA and 4 August in the rest of the world. Then you would only have to print one lot of posters :)