• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Couldn't dance or speak at rave from too much mdma

Caligirl165

Greenlighter
22 y/o female, 120pounds, experienced with most drugs.
So I went to my first rave last weekend and had a blast for the first half of the night. I was loving every second, dancing around, smiling and laughing. I was rolling on mdma, which I've done plenty of times, but this time was different. My boyfriend and I planned on taking three doses of moonrocks that we put in capsules. First two were awesome, but on the third dose, I started to feel really weird. Sooner than later, my body had become like partially paralyzed and I was unable to speak. It was so scary and confusing. I literally tried my hardest to move my body to the music but it just kept still, which was devastating. Then on top of that, I could barely explain to my BF what was happening, bc no noise was coming out of my mouth and I started getting these really anxious feelings that stopped me from trying to talk, all I could do was hand signals of a thumbs up or down sign to show him if I was ok. The whole thing turned me into this completely socially awkward person, and made me look like I hated the rave, which was so far from my true feelings.

Thankfully the rave was almost over and after the long car ride home filled with silence, I was able to take some Xanax and smoke some weed, which helped me break out of it.

The reason I post this is to see if anyone has had this happen to them before and to ask what I should do for the next time I roll. I'm thinking about going to beyond wonderland next month and would want to roll again, but do not want this to happen. Do I have a higher risk of it happening again bc of last time? Should I just take less? I'm considering just being tipsy or high for the earlier part of the day, sobering up and taking mdma for the later part of the night. Also, Advice please :)

Last edited:
1. Reagent test so you know what you're taking. Any other precautions are potentially useless if you don't take this step.

2. Take less drugs.

Hello. This is a guy and a gal who both do obscene amounts of mdma. Guy is 230 6' 2"pounds girl is 135. 5' 10". Dont do Molly much but when we do. It's around 4-500 mgs first and reup with around 200 at peak. Get ours dutch sourced about as pure as you can home for with MDMA (smoked glass like little kibbly rocks) and I notice that you really only get the most load from those grimey impurities a lot of manufacturers leave in the material. Also it's becoming pretty popular to add 5-meo-DiPT to caps for more punch, but the only problem is it's very dosage dependant and can cause massive body load at high dosage. Also. If you were just kinda tired. Like actually tired. And in an extended period you will just burn out all your seratonin and the chemical will be rendered useless.

Many things can lead to that experience. I've taken 300mgs of Molly and just fallen right asleep. It's hard to know what's gonna happen based on your state of mind or environment or what you've been eating.

Oh! And be weary. People are passing off "moon rocks" as methylone. Like. It's almost a 50/50 these days

That happened to my friend too and he's rolled like over 50 times. He's actually scared of rolling again because it was so freaky. He felt paralyzed and couldn't talk for hours, very weird. Um, I can't speak to what it was but it definitely was NOT MDMA.

Test test test, the three words that will give you most answers. If you don't know what it is, you won't know what to expect. Lastly, more isn't always better. Sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy the ride.

It could happen again if you take that much but you say you were good after the second? Then you should stop there and give it time. I have chased that initial roll of the night so many times later in the evening and it will never be the same. It ends up being a waste. The next morning I always wished I saved it for the next time.....

re "3 doses": I guess you eyeballed them? If you savour your health, get a scale, especially when you want to dose high. otherwise it's too easy to take too little or (worse) way too much. what you describe is exactly what people mean when they say they're "floored" from too much MDMA.

Anyone who's weighed and capped their own MDMA enough will realise just how inaccurate eyeballing doses can be. After a while you get a good idea of what 100mg looks like, but the frequency in which you'll scoop up what looks like 100mg, put it on the scales, and it's more like 120mg or more. You cannot assume an even density throughout your crystal. Hell, even individual rocks that look the same can have a huge variance in weight once you put them on the scales. Which you always must do. Always.

Don't be surprised if dose 3 was notably more than the first 2, eyeballing isn't at all accurate.

OP, that just seems idiosyncratic as hell. Usually, when someone is floored on mdma they are super comfortable and unwilling to move because of this. I've never seen anyone get floored and proceed to flip out; 100% of the time ime, when people are floored they are cool with it while enjoying themselves, not the "paranoid, devastating, anxious feelings" type of trip experience.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but in my estimation mdma "flooring" is extremely unlikely to do that unless it isn't mdma, or your mind simply cannot handle it.

Or, it may simply be that people are using different definitions of flooring, in which case it's probably better to not use it or say something else. From scanning my memory bank real quickly, the flooring that I'm talking about (and it's what I heard from countless others) should be the equivalent of a "couch lock." The flooring you're describing is what I would just call a bad trip experience.

People think it only applies to psychedelics, but undoubtedly it also applies to mdma, and it is technically a psychedelic too.

Be wary, take a lower dose, or simply abstain from it. A trip like that isn't worth tripping over, if you know what I mean.

To me, the anxiety suggests that it definitely wasn't pure mdma that you had. I know it can be such a pain to order but a testing kit is essential if you want to be able to control what happens when you roll.