could you grow on a ketogenic diet?

I have ate Ezekial Bread for years and it is high quality stuff. Heck I don't even like most breads but it is made WITHOUT flour so it rates better on the Glycemic Index. BUT you can NOT over do it. WHY? Because after all the interesting bio-organic chemistry (which I love) it still boils down to CALORIES. Heck you could take in ALL your calories by eating Chocolate Cake daily at a deficit and lose weight BUT that would be bad. WHY? You NEED quality Proteins and quality Complex Carbs....(think vegetables.)

Yes I am on a serious Ketogenic Diet right now. What I mean by serious it LOW carbs.....15mg Daily....TONS of Good Fats and Good Protein. My Protein is Isolated Whey with BCAA's and Beef, Chicken and Fish. My FATS are LOTS of Coconut Oil...for MCT's that your body burns fast...Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Grass-Fed Hormone free Butter......and basically a fair amount of Bacon as my "treat". (bacon is not considered a Good Fat.) I also eat lots of scrambled eggs with Celtic Sea Salt and Butter that I LOVE for Breakfast. I have cheeses also and Organic Mayonnaise. There are various opinions of the Keto Diet that is NOT the SAME as a Paleo. Paleo is part of a Keto diet.

Explain? So you're saying eating regular foods like pizzas or brown rice and chicken would be ideal than tablespoons of glucose sweetener? Because it's slower released? Right? So when should one take glucose? For a quick boost of energy like pre workout? Or even post workout? I feel recovered taking glucose post workout as well. Seems as if I'm not as sore.

this isn't bro science is it? I ran a keto diet for a few months, felt and looked great but there's nothing like being able to eat anything though LOL.

There's never any reason for a healthy person to eat just pure glucose or simple sugars. Your body has evolved to create the energy it needs from solid unprocessed substrates (rice, potatoes, fruit etc). It has mechanisms to provide and sequester those substrates at the rates it requires, and the bacteria that symbiotically facilitate all this require those complex substrates.

You really can't game this system in the long run without becoming fat/pre-diabetic/hypo-hyperglycaemic etc. Even when people use insulin, they have this bizarre belief that they need 'simple' carbs, as if all the diabetic people in the world eating normal meals don't know what they're doing with their slin.

If you haven't already (and I'm wildly guessing you haven't) you might benefit from reading about the glycaemic index and why it's important, and why consuming a mixed diet of low(er) GI foods is healthy and productive for us bodybuilders.

I'd have to look up more into GI then. What the hell is it? Is the ketogenic diet I ran for a short few months considered lower GI foods then?

HOLY COW Pharmbiak!!!! Sorry to revive this thread, but this is an absolute gold mine of information! And this thread answers so many questions that I've seen and even thought of. I'm using this as a reference and.......copying and pasting everything you wrote into my little info.doc