• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants could this be a problem... 'ice'

babygirlchicago

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, new here. Please be kind. I tried 'ice/glass' for my first time about a month ago. I didn't feel to much of an urge to do it the next day or anything... I tried it because my boyfriend gets it once a month and we will partake. Anyways, lately after this time, it was way better quality so I have been finding myself liking it a little to much and have been smoking about 1 gram over the course of 2-3 days. Im not sure if that is a large or small amount. I do it without him now, on my own. I do like to do it here and there but don't want it to become a problem....

Any advice or someone that could talk to me.....

I feel it helps me with my ADHD, my whole life I couldn't pay attention for shit and know I can take one toke and I can read a whole book without hesitation. Thats no excuse to do drugs but I like how I can actually keep my mind focused and alert for once in my life.

How much is to much since I'm starting out.... I would like to maybe do it here and there but I know thats what people say and it all goes downhill.

Please be kind....

1 gram over 3 days is a massive dose.

Don't think that just because some raging addicts are doing a gram and up a day that you're not doing an excessive amount - you are.

If you keep doing it like you are now the addiction is going to escalate so quickly you won't even believe it.

If you think you have ADD then go get a script from a doc. I've tried to use meth to self-medicate - so have thousands of us - and it does not end well, no matter how much planning or self control you think you have.

Good luck.

I have been smoking for about 6 months now and I probably go through about a gram a month. I could easily use the same amount that you do but I won't allow myself. Please be careful! Try and cut back as your tolerance is going to go through the roof!!

i'd cut down kid - as the posters above have mentioned that is a considerable amount to do in a few days
taking meth for ADD is like swatting a fly with a shotgun

regardless of what some people say, it is possible to partake of meth occasionally - but is it worth the risk?

only you can answer that question.

Meth is hell. That is a large dose, especially for a newbie. I've been an off and on user for 5 years and I only need, at the most, about a quarter of a gram at a time to get way too fucking high. That's .25 g.

I hate this drug more than anything ever in my life. I am wanting into a rehab, and out of state.

Meth will take everything away from you. Everyone thinks they can outsmart it in the beginning, but IMO there exists no drug that is as conniving and crafty as crystal, ice, glass whatever you like to call it.

If you really want to treat your ADD, look into Vyvanse. It is an awesome, super safe new amphetamine that is highly manageable.

Hello everyone, new here. Please be kind. I tried 'ice/glass' for my first time about a month ago. I didn't feel to much of an urge to do it the next day or anything... I tried it because my boyfriend gets it once a month and we will partake. Anyways, lately after this time, it was way better quality so I have been finding myself liking it a little to much and have been smoking about 1 gram over the course of 2-3 days. Im not sure if that is a large or small amount. I do it without him now, on my own. I do like to do it here and there but don't want it to become a problem....

Any advice or someone that could talk to me.....

I feel it helps me with my ADHD, my whole life I couldn't pay attention for shit and know I can take one toke and I can read a whole book without hesitation. Thats no excuse to do drugs but I like how I can actually keep my mind focused and alert for once in my life.

How much is to much since I'm starting out.... I would like to maybe do it here and there but I know thats what people say and it all goes downhill.

Please be kind....
2 things about what you said raised some red flags.
1. Your use used to be social (1x per month with boy friend) now you find yourself doing it with out him- move from using on social occasions to what I assume is privately
2. Using to find relief from ADHD, self medicating
These flags are all too familiar with my meth use, you're at the edge of it spiraling out of control.

I'd say if you're going to try to do it occasionally, your breaks should be pretty significant. I personally like to keep at least a month between binges especially if I'm consuming a gram in a couple days. If you don't want to be hooked on meth don't do it. That's the best advice I can give you

I just got back a few months ago from 3 months in Hawaii. I was in rehab there. ICE is an epidemic there, primarily because it's very hard to get other drugs. It's turned the place into Tweekerville, USA... especially the smaller towns on the Island. I know small towns and mountain towns everywhere are big on meth, but what I saw on the big island of Hawaii was straight depressing. I've never seen anything like that and believe me, I have seen fucked up. I grew up in San Francisco and I have seen drugged out and desperate people, but nothing like what I saw in Hawaii. Talk about an epidemic...
I met a guy at an N/A meeting there that said he recognized me from San Francisco... very likely because he apparently lived about a block away from the corner I used to cop my drugs.. I started to get a feeling he was trying to "vet me" into getting drugs from him, and a week later I saw his mug shot in the newspaper there for smuggling ICE in at the airport. His shipment had been seized. And sidenote - what a fucking asshole trying to vet someone freshly in rehab!

There were several guys at the clinic with me there for ICE... and man, they were FUCKED UP. That shit will destroy you. It will ruin your life, it will annihilate your looks, and because you are smoking it, it will destroy your teeth.
The sad thing is, that no matter how many people will warn someone just how bad physically it will fuck you up, people still run off and do it. That's how powerful and what a hold that nasty ass garbage will take over someone.

You are asking how much is too much since you are just starting out, my answer is ANY of it is too much. It sounds like you already have an idea that's the case. Another thing about my rehab there was there were several kids with ADHD. I know that ADHD is just a huge disruption in someone's life and many people will turn to illegal drugs to self-medicate, ie. - alcoholism, speed, pills, etc... But what does your doctor say about your ADHD? I imagine you have been properly diagnosed, so why are you not on ADDERALL? It is a much healthier alternative than smoking meth and people I have known with severe ADHD, it allows them to properly function with things like the ability to simply read a book. I have a mild attention deficit disorder and when I take Adderall I could probably read 3 books in a day!

If you are using speed to help yourself focus due to ADHD, there are so many more healthy alternatives that won't destroy your body, your LOOKS, and most importantly... YOUR LIFE.
I've seen just how destructive ICE is to people's lives, don't be one of them! And just to add some fuel to my fire, go ahead a google image "smoking met teeth". I guarantee you won't find too many boyfriends when you have a mouth that looks like that.

I just got back a few months ago from 3 months in Hawaii. I was in rehab there. ICE is an epidemic there, primarily because it's very hard to get other drugs. It's turned the place into Tweekerville, USA... especially the smaller towns on the Island. I know small towns and mountain towns everywhere are big on meth, but what I saw on the big island of Hawaii was straight depressing. I've never seen anything like that and believe me, I have seen fucked up. I grew up in San Francisco and I have seen drugged out and desperate people, but nothing like what I saw in Hawaii. Talk about an epidemic...
I met a guy at an N/A meeting there that said he recognized me from San Francisco... very likely because he apparently lived about a block away from the corner I used to cop my drugs.. I started to get a feeling he was trying to "vet me" into getting drugs from him, and a week later I saw his mug shot in the newspaper there for smuggling ICE in at the airport. His shipment had been seized. And sidenote - what a fucking asshole trying to vet someone freshly in rehab!

There were several guys at the clinic with me there for ICE... and man, they were FUCKED UP. That shit will destroy you. It will ruin your life, it will annihilate your looks, and because you are smoking it, it will destroy your teeth.
The sad thing is, that no matter how many people will warn someone just how bad physically it will fuck you up, people still run off and do it. That's how powerful and what a hold that nasty ass garbage will take over someone.

You are asking how much is too much since you are just starting out, my answer is ANY of it is too much. It sounds like you already have an idea that's the case. Another thing about my rehab there was there were several kids with ADHD. I know that ADHD is just a huge disruption in someone's life and many people will turn to illegal drugs to self-medicate, ie. - alcoholism, speed, pills, etc... But what does your doctor say about your ADHD? I imagine you have been properly diagnosed, so why are you not on ADDERALL? It is a much healthier alternative than smoking meth and people I have known with severe ADHD, it allows them to properly function with things like the ability to simply read a book. I have a mild attention deficit disorder and when I take Adderall I could probably read 3 books in a day!

If you are using speed to help yourself focus due to ADHD, there are so many more healthy alternatives that won't destroy your body, your LOOKS, and most importantly... YOUR LIFE.
I've seen just how destructive ICE is to people's lives, don't be one of them! And just to add some fuel to my fire, go ahead a google image "smoking met teeth". I guarantee you won't find too many boyfriends when you have a mouth that looks like that.

This isn't a bad post by any means, but a bit one-sided.

We all know meth is awful. But the people who get meth mouth, look like zombies and start picking at themselves....thats a daily user who isn't taking care of themselves. I've been on and off for almost 5 years and never had any of those symptoms besides losing a bit of weight each time I use, which I usually can quickly put back on after 2-3 weeks of not using.

That said, meth is a tricky, tricky trickster of a drug and it will sneak up on you in no time.

Shower, eat, HYDRATE and if you can't sleep, at least lay down in bed for a few hours and make pretend you are sleeping. These simple things will make all the difference in the world while dealing with a meth crash.

And one more thing....adderall is some pretty rough stuff. Taken in high enough doses its just as dangerous as clean speed IMO.

I would recommend not using it! It definitely did help me focus on schoolwork/reading for a period of time, but it is a very slippery slope. Have you tried adderall for focusing on stuff?

If you like using it and do not want to stop, I highly recommend keeping it as a party thing instead of a tool for helping you read/work. If you use it to help you focus, it'll more likely turn into a daily habit. And if you're really worried about developing a problem, try not to use it two days in a row.

Also, I have to say it because that stuff almost ruined my life, there are way better drugs out there if you're looking to party. :) That stuff is no good.

I'm telling you what you will ignore and forget. I am telling you what could save you, but it almost seems pointless to type it. There is a 99% chance you won't listen. You like doing meth. It doesn't matter if you like it a lot or a little. You like it. You have a boyfriend who likes it. A man in your life, who you are evaluating to be a life partner and perhaps a father to children, introduces you to meth. The only way you won't crash and burn is to leave him, and leave meth.

I'm typing this in case you are that 1% that might straighten out. In case you haven't noticed, jobs, housing, etc. are real hard to come by in today's America. If you do everything right, you might lose. If you go down this road, you will. It's sad and seems pointless typing this, because you are probably one of the 99% that "knows" she should listen, but won't.