• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

could they change morphine bioavability

Status
Not open for further replies.

HezzaD

Bluelighter
I notice most opiates have low oral ba oxymorphone,heroin, dihydrocodeine then morphine then codeine and oxycodone at the top.
Do the doctors know how to change that, imagine a morphine pill with oxy bio no messing about plugging and better pain relief.
Anyone know how this works just popped into my head

Hey Hezzad, I know that you're a fairly new member and I'm not at all trying to give you shit and/or put you on the spot, but this sort of material isn't appropriate for Basic Drug Discussion. If you create a thread or respond to a thread, the overall theme should always be focused around folks using their chosen drugs in the most responsible manner possible.

I would suggest doing your own research to become better acquainted with these concepts. A brief peruse of Wikipedia should give you an adeqaute foundation to build upon in reagards to your knowledge. Virtually all drugs' effects are altered based upon the route in which they are administered, with parenteral (IV,IM,SC) use essentially guranteeing 100% absorption by the body, while on the other end of the spectrum, oral use is generally the least effective. It varies greatly from substance to substance as you might expect.

One of the reasons that Oxycodone and Hydrocodone became as popular as they did, in the forms of combination Opioid/NSAID products, is because they possessed comparatively higher oral bioavailability than other commonly prescribed Opioids of similar potency, like for instance, Morphine.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.