• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Could SWIM take molly again?

Johndoe81

Greenlighter
Ok so about 3 months ago SWIM took LSD and was about to go to bed and ripped two fat bowls of cannabis (SWIM smoked cannabis 2-3 times a week for 5-6 months). Suddenly SWIM started having an intense burning feeling in his chest and everything started going blurry, SWIM also started having SEVERE muscle twitches and complete loss of coordination. A ambulance was rang and SWIM was taken into hospital and when SWIM got into hospital he had a heart rate of 138 bpm, SWIM's veins also collapsed and it was very hard for blood to be taken. After a long night in hospital SWIM was able to go home. The doctors said SWIM had hyperthemia, severe muscle twitching and some heart palpitations as a result of cannabis and LSD usage. SWIM has taken MDMA several times over the past year and has never had any problems with it.

SWIM has not touched a drug since then but SWIM very much misses MDMA, would it be dangerous to take MDMA again? SWIM hasn't noticed anything wrong with SWIM's heart or anything else, just don't want to risk it. If SWIM tries MDMA again they will take a low 100mg dosage, granted it is 'safe'.

Firstly we don't swim on this forum. Secondly my personal view is that your body has given you a warning. I would not test it again. Having a permanently fucked up body or mind is not worth one night of 'fun'.

I just had a BPM of about 120 last weekend from some empathogen usage...... Didn't phase me. I know my heart is probably very exhausted from years of entactogen use/abuse however that don't phase me.

I've had angina (chest pain) on and off for the past year. I attribute it to my entactogen use. I plan on taking "molly" again very soon. The nights of fun are very worth it to me. Just my 2cents

I would hesitate to assume that you have some unusual general susceptability to overheating; hyperthermia is a known side effect of high doses of LSD. If I were to put money on it, I think it would probably be reasonably safe to try MDMA again (in moderation, cautiously.) Then again, perhaps this is indeed a good time to think about your life and what's important to you. Sooner or later, it's time to put the drugs aside (at least as a routine thing.)

(Boy, when did 'swim' make a comeback? Reminds me of the very old days at The Hive...)

I think you could maybe start with a very low dosage, and see how it feels. Maybe start with 50mg, and wait an hour or so. BUT make sure to test it first (if its actually mdma, and also the purity). Thats maybe why you had such a bad reaction to the lsd, did you test it before hand ? Pure LSD is very hard to find.
If its pure mdma, than using it is relatively safe (once every 1-3 months).
;)

Describe your trip and the dosage you took. You may have a predisposition to certain health conditions or you may of just gotten too high to handle yourself. You better know for damn sure which before continuing your drug use because you're gambling with your life if it's the first.

High doses of acid and weed can cause a certain sensation where you can feel every nerve in your body so intensely it causes a sensory overload type effect. Weed makes you feel everything very strongly and acid expands your consciousness so you have the capacity to feel "more". IF your dosage was medium-highish on the cannabis and the LSD then you were quite possibly in no real danger and having a panic attack.

In retrospect, do you think it was really necessary to call an ambulance when you knew that you had only taken a tryptamine psychedelic and smoked some weed?

I am not an expert but I do not think that the high heart rate or other symptoms you describe are necessarily life threatening.

Obviously no-one would like to suggest that you actually risk death instead of calling for medical help. But, equally, unnecessary calls to the emergency services waste time, money, and resources that may be more needed elsewhere, and add to the general perception of both illegal drugs and drug users in a way that does not do anyone any favours.

I am always a little confused when people describe calling an ambulance when they have taken drugs that are not physically dangerous. It would be different if you had taken a phenylethylamine, an opiate, hard stimulant, or basically any other drug that actually has known cardiac or otherwise potentially life-threatening effects. Perhaps I am being harsh but honestly I think it's highly likely you just took more than you could handle without adequate knowledge or research, freaked out, and ended up wasting everyone's time.