• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could my GF's cocaine usage be true?

jbradley

Greenlighter
Hi All, I've never tried Cocaine, so I ask all your opinions.

I saw my girlfriend do 4 lines of cocaine at a party (in a space of about 1 hour). I admit I was shocked as I didn't know she had ever done it before. She said she only does it once every 6 months. Do you think that it could be true that she only does it once every 6 months if she can do 4 lines in a one 1 hour sitting? It seems a high tolerance level but as I said, I have no experience with it!

Thank you in advance for your opinions! Really appreciated.

Well with coke, doing four lines In an hour isn't exactly unheard of. I definitley wouldn't consider that as "proof" that she does it more frequently. I'll play Devils advocate. It might acasually be evidence that's she's telling the truth. If youre going to coke twice a year, wouldn't you go all out when you get the chance?

I doubt she uses coke only once every six months. It's highly addictive and most people do crave it even when they are not using it or high on it.

I know a few girls that only uses it one or two times each year. Something like New years eve and one other special day. That being said, it is very few that can manage that. And it is only people only doing it nasal I have seen use it a few times each year, as soon as people move to smoking or anything else, the abuse quickly take off.

Your girlfriend might not be lying, as I said, I know girls who can manage it. But it is a very dangerous game and most will end up using it a lot more. You probably shouldn't accuse your girl friend of lying :) But maybe you could talk to her about the risks associated with it - here I mean the risk of ending up taking it more and more often and starting to experience psychological and possibly physical side effects. Cocaine is dangerous and most people who uses it will not be able to use it only once or twice a year but end up doing it regularly.

There is no way for us to know your gfs cocaine usage.. You have to see the signs of abuse, e.g; She never has money, youre missing money, her nose is running, frequent bathroom breaks, talkative, non-talkative,ect., or.like my buddy, will walk into a bar and instantly play Clapton's cocaine, on the jukebox! Lol Some people can do coke every once in a while, (like me now.) And some people have to do coke eveyday. (Like me 10-15 years ago.)

- Hopless

Well that's how my use started was rarely and four lines can be well modest or fat and long and get someone really jacked up...and quality matters too. That being said I eventually got to the point where I was lying about my use. There are signs like those stated above. Lying in general is a big one even something like calling into work sick but really just wanting the day off. When I would go on benders though with coke a couple days of non use and I didn't really crave it. Other drugs oh yeah but most uppers didn't have quite a hold on me.

Could she be telling the truth? Yes.

Could she be lying about it, and sucking cock for coke? Yes.

Can I tell you the truth? No.

I doubt she uses coke only once every six months. It's highly addictive and most people do crave it even when they are not using it or high on it.

Depends on the person. I've had a gram sitting in my desk for almost 2 years bc I pull it out so rarely.

Some people get very subtle effects so they feel it's a waste of money....

Post after post about opiates, people calling each other junkies, and claims that "most people" constantly crave coke...lol...so much bullshit in this thread.

Anyway, OP: it is definitely possible that your girlfriend is telling the truth about her drug use. Most people in my social circle only use coke a few times per year with no issues, and can easily go through a few lines per hour. It's also possible that she's lying of course but there is nothing in your original post (eg. tolerance) that would point to that.

The real problem here is that you don't trust your partner. You're going to struggle to have a healthy relationship with someone if you can't believe what comes out of their mouth. I'd address this if I were you and work out whether she is an untrustworthy person, or if you're the one with the issue here.

^ Yeah this thread got derailed terribly! I just wanted to add something for the OP, doing coke socially, at a party, is normally a sign of ocassional use. Now if you find her in the closet, doing it alone, this is a sign of habitual use, hope that helps!

- Hopeless

Cocaine, like many drugs, can be traced back to plants but the cocaine you get off the street is highly processed even if it isn't cut. Don't confuse purity of chemical composition to how natural it is/isn't. People aren't chewing leaves at the club after all. And addiction has many components. The body becomes physically accustomed to the introduction of an outside substance and relies on it to achieve a certain level of physical "normalcy ". The mind develops a psychological need and/or emotional need to continually use. It is a pattern of obsession and compulsion to satisfy a desire. The desire can be anything from feeling good to not feeling bad to escaping reality to satisfying a curiosity. It all boils down to a feeling and a thought. I personally feel that addiction is the inability to self discipline in regards to any "want" from money, sex, drugs, to food, gambling, shopping, exercise. A person can have an addiction to any and many things and I feel they are still suffering from addiction even if they are not indulging in the act/substance if their mind and thoughts still gravitate to pursuing it. It's my personal opinion that a person will remain at risk if they cannot control their thoughts because it's only a matter of time for opportunity and lapse in judgement to manifest into relapse. I believe that a person who truly loses the desire out of their own choice (not out of fear or obligation or the like) can overcome their addiction. I also believe that the mind can subconsciously convert the pattern to other substances/actions. For example: a meth addict who stops using but starts overeating and binging on food still has the same problem within the mind and lacks self discipline of the body. They may not be damaging themselves in switching what they use but they are not really recovering if they simply substituted one unhealthy, self-destructive habit with another. Also if they replace it with a healthy substitute at unhealthy levels they are not really recovering either. For example if that same meth addict stops using and starts over exercising to the point they are late to work every day coming from the gym, if they put undue stress on their body instead of going at a reasonable pace, if they can't focus around dinner company because they are thinking about how many miles they need to run to work off their dinner then they still have a problem that needs addressing.

A wise man named Raysu, once said.. "A person can have an addiction to any and many things and I feel they are still suffering from addiction even if they are not indulging in the act/substance if their mind and thoughts still gravitate to pursuing it. It's my personal opinion that a person will remain at risk if they cannot control their thoughts because it's only a matter of time for opportunity and lapse in judgement to manifest into relapse. I believe that a person who truly loses the desire out of their own choice (not out of fear or obligation or the like) can overcome their addiction."

^ I agree!

- hopeless

It could be shitty coke mabey she could have done 20 lines you cant tell by that

Post after post about opiates, people calling each other junkies, and claims that "most people" constantly crave coke...lol...so much bullshit in this thread.
Thank you Mel. This thread got derailed terribly hence, most of the posts needed to be deleted.

Please people, Let's stay on topic and talk about the OP's girlfriends cocaine usage?

Thanks 7nos! Sometimes my opinions are kinda out there so it's nice to know my (womanly) wisdom is helpful ?. And regarding the OP I agree with the previous comments about addressing the relationship. Nothing like rampant random drug use to facilitate deep conversations and have a chance to strengthen the relationship by getting down to the nitty gritty.

^ Of the posts I've seen, you normally have sound advice and a sane opinions. =]

- Hopeless soul

Hi Everyone! It's me again :) I want to thank all of you (who kept on topic) very much. All your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!

As a bit of extra information, the relationship has only been going for about a month, thus it's at the beginning and full trust of course comes after longer time. For now, I'd call it cautious trust :)

The reason I started this thread is because I have no experience with any drugs. I was speaking to a close friend of mine who has and was quite adamant that she couldn't possibly be able to do four lines without doing it more often than once every six months. Although he is a close friend, I always like a second opinion on curious matters and came here, to you all.

Although she said to me today that she'd like to do MDMA again at a trance music party, but not until the summer, I will believe her cocaine usage for now, thanks to you all :) Most importantly is that she is safe if she does it occasionally, that's all.

Mind you, after I did see her do it, although it completely shocked me, boy was she frisky that night! :p

Thank you again for all your opinions.

I used to use it only on rare occasions. Going a year without was easy for me. I never craved it, just enjoyed it occasionally.

^exactly same with me i can do it and not touch it for a year. It depends on the person for them to be addicted to it usually people with depression get hooked because it releases seratonin in the brain and makes them feel normal