• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Could MDMA abuse cause Parkinson's or something similar?

Budal202

Bluelighter
Guys, if you want to know about my story you can read this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...insomnia-low-libido-and-premature-ejaculation

I've been fighting against this " LTC " that began four months ago after I used 6 pills in one night months ago . Two days later I had a panic attack, but I tried to forget all this, at the time I hadn't researched anything in bluelight, and eventually thought it was getting better. But my body didn't. I'm having these fucking symptoms that do not let me forget this shit for a minute. It started three months ago with insomnia, waking up several times during the night with pounding heart, strong pulsation in the head and after that couldn't sleep again. along with fast heartbeat during the day in a few days , strong pulsation in the head, hand tremors , panic and anxiety and depression. I started having insomnia along with anxiety, rapid heartbeat and depression. 1 month ago things started to get ugly .

Hand shaking almost 24/7, but is not like parkinson shaking, it's like the shaking you have when you're afraid, problem is that happen even when i'm not worried. When i go to sleep i feel my pulsation in my head. Cant medidate cuz i keep feeling my pulsation. Sometimes is so strong that it moves my head.
During the day i feel like i'm a little doped and dizzy. You know when you are looking at something, but not really looking, with a distante tought? I can't explain. i feel this during the whole day, except when i'm having a conversation with someone.

But when i'm talking to people i have difficult to express, i dont feel like laughing, when i do is forced, i get no expression.

I'm having blurred vision, and in a different contrast. I see many floaters , and sometimes , I see small bright lights, usually when lower my head, like shooting stars .
Feeling tired, low libido.

Having difficult paying attention to what people say, when i'm staring at someone in an enclosure the place starts to get dark.

I'm having these super real dream. Every time I start to fall asleep , automatically go into a real dream (usually a nightmare ) and then i immediately wake up scared. My neurologist prescribed xanax me to sleep, but these dreams got worse and i keep waking up a lot of times, even with fucking xanax. Ok, i took it just 2 nights, i don't know if it's going to get better with time but i'm afraid because of the nightmares.

I took like 26 pills of E in my life, never tested anything but i'm pretty sure it was ecstasy almost 100% of the time. I just want to know what could be happening to me, what kind of neurons may have been affected / destroyed and are causing it, and if I could have any connection to Parkinson . Anyone else had similar symptoms ?

I can't take this shit anymore.

Last edited:
People have been taking MDMA since at least 1971 when the first MDMA lab was discovered by the government. That's 2015 - 1971 = 44 years. No, MDMA does not cause Parkinsonism. In fact, a person with Parkinson's will experience partial to complete remission of his or her muscles and movement disorder whilst on MDMA.

People have been taking MDMA since at least 1971 when the first MDMA lab was discovered by the government. That's 2015 - 1971 = 44 years. No, MDMA does not cause Parkinsonism. In fact, a person with Parkinson's will experience partial to complete remission of his or her muscles and movement disorder whilst on MDMA.
That is interesting :D do you know what the reason for this is? Dopamine increase?

The MDMA is thought to act as a substrate for dopamine due to their structural similarity, thus relieving the symptoms of Parkinson's for a few hours until it has been metabolized away.

Now, if the chemist doesn't rinse off any possible residual mercuric chloride properly, then that could (will, really) very well induce some neurotoxicity, possibly all the way to Parkinson's (?) though that scenario is a bit of a stretch.

I think a lot of these symptoms (including the shaking) are from excess adrenaline, I think you should try a medication called Clonidine that will help you shut down your adrenaline and help you sleep. I wouldn't worry too much about the damage to neurons thing, if there is damage there's not much you can do but wait for your brain to recover (which it will). If you sleep shitty you recover shitty so the main thing we can do is get you sleeping again. Exercise also helps build new serotonin neurons as well and increases bloodflow to the brain. I think the bloodflow changes after MDMA affect people a lot more than they think, they chalk it up to "neurotoxicity" but really they are just getting a lot of vasoconstriction and are deconditioned as well as sleep deprived.

What you probably have is HPPD, which I will argue is much different from a LTC though they can and do coincide frequently and they might be in your case. When you're talking about looking at someone (like when you're watching a movie from the "outside") that's usually called derealization and depersonalization, aka DR/DP. This is known to happen with different substances that are not neurotoxic so we don't really know why it happens but it seems to get better for most people. Sleep deprivation and HPPD can be confused, and sleep deprivation makes HPPD much worse (and IMO can cause it).

Getting you sleep will be key here. Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

dude Parkinsons is associated a with a depletion of dopamine in the midbrain..specficially the nigo-striatal area of the mesenceaphalon..... which leads to the movement symptoms like trembling, can't walk properly ect

It's pretty much impossible for MDMA use to cause onset of Parkinsons, on the other hand, it is possible to have a early onset of parkinsons, like in your mid-20s...and this wouldn't be related to your MDMA use..

Also, symptoms like depression generally take a while to appear after diagnosis

If you think you have parkinsons, why not try a dopamine agonist like levodopa, see if it improves symptoms (which i doubt), then you can tell if you have it or not

I don't think this should be called tremor if it's associated with adrenaline and vasoconstriction, i.e shaking when your scared and nervous is is pretty normal, and things like propranolol are known to block this (used specifically for this in the case of musicians with stage fright). Whatever the natural conditions are where you get scared and your hands shake, for some reason your MDMA experiences have promoted this state in you, and you might need to do a lot of cardio (very important concerning vascular conditioning), mindfulness meditation (to address anxiety causing fight or flight response) and take some medication like propranolol to address the sympathetic activation.

I have had problems with sympathetic activation after amphetamine abuse at a young age and what helps me through it is cardio. I really wish I would've started cardio a lot sooner. It teaches your adrenaline and stress response to regulate itself properly, it will also help you get to sleep if you do it early in the day. It also increases bloodflow to the brain which will help with anxiety and clarity. It even increases the amount of blood vessels to your brain. I highly recommend cardio a couple times a week. Try it for a couple months minimum <3

I think it's interesting that I've seen threads in this forum worrying about both the MDMA-induced onset of multiple sclerosis (marked by an absence of physical movement) and Parkinsons (marked by an excess of physical movement). MDMA must be one hell of an anxiogenic for certain users since I doubt that it causes any such pathology.

That is very interesting..

Personally I think either this is a phenomenon originating from tryptophan hydroxylase being down for a while and the fallout of that, or serotonin neurotoxicity and the abnormal re-innervation of serotonin. I think either way serotonin issues could explain the anxiety and hypochondria.