• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could loperamine (small doses) be easing my VERY protracted WD? Or dragging it out??

beeej

Greenlighter
Hi there, Been a lurker and odd poster here for many many years (early to mid 20's started now 33) but lost my old account. Hope you nice ppl can welcome me back. - Ok, got that part out the way again onto the business at hand, discussion. :) I'm just pretty much finishing a home detox from 30ml of methadone which came down from 135ml over 4, almost 5 years. With several stumbling blocks. Mostly chalky brown coloured ones. lol. i Also used the usual opiate pills before the gear, DHC, morphine etc for a few yrs... I started getting restless thinking i'm gonna be on meth forever near the end, and to put it short i decided enough was enough through frustration with the never ending cycle, and just decided to STOP. So... Commence the the worst month and half of my life so far (now at 2 plus weeks from end of that period to today) as it's still going just nowhere even close as bad. Oh i'm now getting a Naltrexone script... If your actually reading this i'll get to why that bit is relevant soon. I'm using loperamide (recommended doses) for diarrhea still, because thats probably the worst effect and most heavy thing i cant seem to shake as much as the rest. I'm still sleepless alot of nights, zero energy, sneezing, coughing, very occasionally vomiting, usually *because* of coughing too much now, but its popped up on its own a few times. But what i'm starting to wonder is whether the use of the lope's, being an opioid whether it crosses the BBB or not is protracting and dragging out the trailing WD's??? What if the receptors in the rest of my body are recovering faster, because the receptors in my stomach are being fed nicely? What will happen when the rest of my body has fully recovered, will my GI system still be 'opiod' dependent...? lol. That would be like a smash in the face to TBH. Would be really grateful if anybody would chip in! And no im not currently using the naltrexone, tested half a pill on medical advice first and told was safe with the loperamide, and learned that lesson FAST! Wwhhooaaaww.... Just never do naltrexone until your either flushed well past 10-14 days or have no opiates in your system whether for buzz or function. You will seriously regret it, and ther'll be nothing you can do but ride it out. Stay safe.

Last edited: