• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Could I dilute conentrated ghb into a larger amount of water for increased safety?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
Would it be evenly distributed?

If say there was 2 grams per litre then that would make it as safe as your average beer wouldn't it? or does the ghb maybe settle in different places and cause hotspots? Even if it did if there was only a couple of grams per litre then even the maximum amount contained in there would be an average dose wouldn't it.

I read on erowid that the dose/response curve is similar to alcohol so in that case as stated above can you not just dilute to average alcoholic beverage equivalents. Then there is not the issue of handling a concentrate then and it would be very hard to overdose unintentionally.

GHB is very soluble in water meaning volumetric dosing will work fine. The important part being that you do the math correctly so you know exactly how much you are consuming no matter the final volume. Whether you use a syringe and dose by the mL or drink a jug of water with GHB diluted in it. I would not directly compare GHB to alcohol as in x amount = 1 drink of EtOH. I would become familiar with it's effects by slowly titrating the dose upwards until you find a dose you're comfortable with. I'd recommend no more than 2mg to start.

This is the dilution rate used in HPLC testing:
Prepare a standard solution of GHB sodium salt in water at approximately 1.0 mg per mL. It's fine for the Na salt, K salt, Li salt, lactone or free acid. http://www.swgdrug.org/Monographs/GAMMA-HYDROXYBUTYRATE.pdf