• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Could DXM be a cheap alternative to Namenda?

stevearoo

Greenlighter
I really don't know why Namenda works for Alzheimer's, but I do know it is an NMDA antagonist, and so is DXM. My question is would it work?

Dxm is too dangerous and wild and detremental to use like that. I knew someone who tried to take occasional low doses to counter depression because thats also whay nmda antagonists do but he went completly insane as a direct result. Took him a year to recover mentally. Too dangerous to be useful

i think low dose oral ketamine might be a better bet, if anything. I'm not sure it would work but it's probably more likely to work than DXM.

I agree with the ketamine, but need source.
I am on DXM right now. It's not for everybody, but to say DXM is bad or you'll have a bad time is hogwash. If you get the cough gels, you can dose easy and accurately. I've been dosing cough gels and it's been silky smooth. I wouldn't recommend if it didn't work.

Last edited:
DXM is a really dirty drug that hits all kinds of receptors. The main reason it's kept on the market is because there's nothing more effective as a cough suppressant besides opiates (which are a much greater public health problem).

DXM is a really dirty drug that hits all kinds of receptors. The main reason it's kept on the market is because there's nothing more effective as a cough suppressant besides opiates (which are a much greater public health problem).

lol wut? I guess no one told you about glaucine.

lol wut? I guess no one told you about glaucine.

(looks it up) Nope, I've never heard of a drug sold OTC in Iceland and Eastern Europe, because I don't live in any of those countries. *shrug*