• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Could bad Adderall WD happen in 2 months?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I'm a bit worried that I could be in Adderall WD, but it's hard to say, cause I've also been doing a bit too much Kratom, my sleep schedule if very inconsistent, and I take too much Klonopin, so I commonly have days when I'm very depressed and tired, but today is really bad.

I started taking an average of about 7.5mgs of Adderall a day about 2 months ago, usually 2 times a day, and last I checked I'd only skipped about 10 out of something like 50 days.

Today is only the second day in a row I've gone without since I started, and I'm feeling extremely depressed and tired.

Then again, I also went 2 days in a row of Kratom, which I usually do about 3 days a week, so today is my second day in a row without both Adderall and Kratom, so I don't know which it could be more, but it's pretty unusual for me to get this tired and depressed from only 2 days in a row of Kratom, with it having been like 2 days before that I think that I had dosed.

I think it could be more than one factor because my body is just really confused now: somedays I wake up early and some I sleep all day, some days I take Kratom and some I don't, most I take Adderall but some I don't, and I really want to stop taking so much Adderall.

Some people have said you can get Adderall WD, but my psychiatrist told me that WD from it is pretty uncommon and that many people take it daily without withdrawal symptoms.

So my questions are:

1) Do you think this is Adderall WD? and

2) If it IS Adderall WD, how long do you think I have to go without before it goes away?

3) How many days a week do you think it is safe to take Adderall without getting depenent?

And

4) If this isn't Adderall WD, what else do you think it could be? Kratom WD? A combo of a few factors??

I will admit, this is often what Kratom WD does feel like for me, it's just that I don't usually get it from only 2 days in a row of use, but I did do a lot in those 2 days.

I'd rather it be Kratom WD than Adderall WD because I have experienced Kratom WD before and know how to deal with it.

Thanks

I take pretty much the same combo you do. 40mg vyvanse, 3mg Xanax, and about 10-15g of kratom a day. I also drink a ton but let's forget that for a sec.

I have not noticed to many WD symptoms if I don't take my vyvanse for a few days. I usually get depressed and apathetic, sometimes I get emotional and have anxiety but it's not horrible. If I miss my kratom and vyvanse though I definitely feel the WDs a lot more.

I find the physical WD from kratom and the psychological impact of stopping the amphetamines compounds each other and makes it feel way worse. The inability to have a positive mindset from dopamine and serotonin depletion makes the kratom WD seem like it will never end. And taking kratom only helps the physical symptoms while the depression and anxiety from stopping the amps are still there.

Is this how you feel at all?

Mods of you could add this to my first post that would be great.

1. I would say that amps have more of a rebound effect as opposed to a true WD, and it may take a 2 weeks to a month to get over the depression.

2. I would try only taking the adderall 3 or 4 days out of the week. It's taking them every day that is the issue. You need time for your dopamine to build back up again.

3. Like I said above, it's probably a combo of amp rebound symptoms and kratom WD.

I take pretty much the same combo you do. 40mg vyvanse, 3mg Xanax, and about 10-15g of kratom a day. I also drink a ton but let's forget that for a sec.

I have not noticed to many WD symptoms if I don't take my vyvanse for a few days. I usually get depressed and apathetic, sometimes I get emotional and have anxiety but it's not horrible. If I miss my kratom and vyvanse though I definitely feel the WDs a lot more.

I find the physical WD from kratom and the psychological impact of stopping the amphetamines compounds each other and makes it feel way worse. The inability to have a positive mindset from dopamine and serotonin depletion makes the kratom WD seem like it will never end. And taking kratom only helps the physical symptoms while the depression and anxiety from stopping the amps are still there.

Is this how you feel at all?

Well not exactly in the sense that I pretty much guarantee you if I took Kratom right now I'd feel 100% great.

On the majority of days I haven't taken Adderall lately I have taken Kratom, and I never felt this way.

Yesterday was the first day in a while I took neither and felt somewhat like this but not as bad, but I slept all day.

Today I slept some of the day, and feel considerably worse, but I won't take either one because obviously I don't want to be dependent on either.

Tomorrow I have to make a long drive, so if I have to I may take Kratom, but would probably avoid the Adderall.

So I guess I don't know, does the fact that I know taking the kratom would make me feel better, while I think taking the Adderall would probably not, and probably just lead to anxiety (I often get anxiety from it anyway, except not when also on Kratom) mean this is maybe more the kratom?

Could it be both?

I mean I'm just generally messed up these days and want to take less of everything. Sometimes I want to be totally drug free, but I like Kratom some days. If possible I'd quit eveything but Kratom like 2-3 days a week max, but I also need Klonopin for anxiety.

But I'm mostly concerned about the Adderall and wanting to know if that would go away quickly if I don't take it for a few days or if maybe its not really a severe Adderall dependence.

If it's Kratom, then it would be over in a day or 2 because I haven't dosed more than 3 days in a single week for like a month now and am really not heavily dependent, but I broke my rule of never dosing 2 days in a row.

Oh ok. I am a daily user of both.

If you don't use the amps regularly then IME the symptoms subside in 3-4 days or so.

Getting good sleep is very important in the recovery process. Are you getting your full 7-8hrs?

Amphetamine withdrawal usually consists of feeling depressed, apathetic, and tired/rundown. It rarely comes with physical symptoms, most of the symptoms are mental.

If you completely abstain from amphetamine for about a week, get good sleep and decent meals, you should feel 95% back to normal by the end of the week.

Amphetamine withdrawal usually consists of feeling depressed, apathetic, and tired/rundown. It rarely comes with physical symptoms, most of the symptoms are mental.

If you completely abstain from amphetamine for about a week, get good sleep and decent meals, you should feel 95% back to normal by the end of the week.

Thanks.

Well, that is pretty much how I feel, yet that is also how Kratom WD makes me feel, so I don't know if it's a bit of both or only one.

Most of my symptoms are mental, except for being tired and rundown, but that's also how Kratom WD makes me feel since I'm not a regular user (i.e. more than 3 days a week) so I never experience the really bad Kratom WD symptoms some on here will get like RLS.

Then again, I don't even have a runny nose, which would indicate that if there's any Kratom WD it would be very minor as when it is worse I get one.

I guess all I can do is abstain from both for as long as possible.

I personally think I'll continue to use Kratom no more than 3 days a week but do my best to abstain from Adderall/Vyvanse till I feel better.

I was just wondering if you knew which one it might be, more than the other?

Do people usually get Adderall WD from those from dosing under 10mgs twice a day for the better part of 2 months?

Yes, two months is a long enough time for it to build up in your system to where you would be withdrawing in it's absence.

I read that 20mg a day should build medium tolerance in 10-14 days, depending on metabolism and the type of adderall.

Last edited:
Yes, two months is a long enough time for it to build up in your system to where you would be withdrawing in it's absence.

I read that 20mg a day should build medium tolerance in 10-14 days, depending on metabolism and the type of adderall.

Well that doesn't make me happy to hear, especially since my psychiatrist said that is usually not an issue.

That doesn't necessarily mean that is necessarily what is happening with me though.

It feels like it could be just as much a little minor Kratom WD rather than Adderall WD, or maybe a little of both.

At the very least, Falsified said if I abstain for a week it should go away, and I've heard others say less than a week, so that's what I'll do.

I still wonder how often I can take it without WD?

My doctor really said it's not usually an issue, and that he knows people who take it 5 days a week without problems.

It's hard to know if I should take the advice of others on here over him...just going without a while and seeing what happens seems all I can do.

I went from like 55 mg of adderall a day for years to ten mg overnight or maybe 0 mg i dont remember involuntary inpatient and The only thing i remember is being less happy and less focused and tired not like extremely tired then again its hard to say what was the cause for all i know the major factors in all this was being involuntary inpatient so i wasnt happy not focused because what would i focus on and tired from being woken way earlier then they added zxyprexa which could of caused similar effects so i cant even say how long it lasted the withdrawl