• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cough syrup

dank-lord

Greenlighter
I was wondering if someone could give ma a basic overiview of cough syrup abuse? Like the effects, the high, and just a general run through of the pros and cons of it? As I run out of weed im trying to find other things that are safe that I can use to get high. Thanks for your time

What exactly type of information are you looking for? ... There's a lot of subject matter to cover on that topic so if you could specify some questions you'd probably have luck getting good answers...

DXM in general isnt a good thing to abuse on a daily basis for random rec use as long as you dont mix with alcohol or other CNS depressants you should be fine just dont over indulge
all drugs even cannabis to a certain degree will affect you negatively if taken for long periods of time
what cough syrup were you thinking about?

i find a DXM with OTC stuff to be a hit or miss as far as a pleasant exp IME it either good or crappy
promethazine with codeine on the other hand, now thats the good stuff

Which type of cough syrup?

Some people drink cough syrup to trip on DXM, and other people drink it because it contains codeine and they want to nod.

Most people who are into taking DXM frequently wind up buying the powder and taking it in gelcaps, or that's what people in college that I knew who were big into it would do as it was easier to take a large dose that way than to chug multiple bottles of cough syrup that only contains DXM.

Cough syrup or at least the kind of cough syrup you would be looking for if your aim is to get high is either going to contain dxm or codiene. I have no experience with dxm, though I like dissociative's I have heard it isn't in the same league as ket/mxe. However I do have experience with codeine (and other opiates). As for the pros and cons well, Pros: A great if not massively potent high that leaves you feeling relaxed, happy, peaceful and just generally content. As for cons well it makes you itch (many people grow to love this though) and also like any opiate it is addictive if used regularly and it may give you a taste for opiates and temp you to try stronger ones and let me tell you an opiate addiction to hell. If you've never done an opiate before you will probably love the high from codeine.

I was wondering if someone could give ma a basic overiview of cough syrup abuse? Like the effects, the high, and just a general run through of the pros and cons of it? As I run out of weed im trying to find other things that are safe that I can use to get high. Thanks for your time

This is an extremely broad question. Most of this information can be found just by going to erowid.org's DXM page. Were there any specific questions you had?

I don't know much about disassociatives. Back in the day, the best cough syrups available were either Hycodan or Tussionex. In the US, both are Schedule III narcotics and each contains Hydrocodone. We used to fill a shot-glass with either of them, chug it down, crack a Heineken, and smoke a joint. Some of us would either call in a script or find a croaker to write one. The first is cherry red and the second looks and tastes like gritty shampoo. Rock on.