• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Cotton fever & IV Ritalin

Foerock

Bluelighter
K so I'm bored and there's been a mystery haunting me since last year. I was a lurker back then and since now I'm posting, here we go:

So around summer 2019 I'm IV'ing meth all over the place in the Philippines. Not every day but to the point where it was starting to become a problem. I stopped around October of that year and switched rehabs. That being said:

The month I stopped, because I am pure genius, I started IV'ing methylphendiate whenever I had cravings. Yes, I know, very stupid thing to do, talc, Ritalin lung, etc. Hence the sarcasm in my "pure genius". Anyway, dosage was always between 20mg and 60mg.

Mind you I haven't gotten cotton fever since heroin use once in 2007 in California.

But every once in a while when IV'ing this stuff I got cotton fever, let's say... 2 out of 5.

One time I got cotton fever and I thought "silly me using a dirty needle; never do that again".

Then I got cotton fever again with a brand new needle and I went, "silly me using the same brand cotton I used last time; never do that again".

Then I got it again (now I'm starting to get pissed) but I still went "silly me, their cotton here must have the bacteria on it everywhere; use the middle part of the cigarette butt like you always did with heroin".

And that worked. For a while. Did it like 10 more times successfully, then at the end of the month, spoon sterile with alcohol and fire (beforehand, I don't cook the stuff), new needle, new filter from a newly bought cigarette pack... and I got it again.

What gives?

P.S.: Let's skip the comments about me being a total retard. Tell me something I don't know.

Definitely check out this thread IV megathread

I think most would suggest you use a micron filter instead of cotton, especially when injecting pills