• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cost of vaping weed every day for years..

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering any thoughts on what vaping every single day for the last five years might do to me? I just have noticed a lot of thoughts of killing myself, I used to vape all day but now I wait until ten to vape I'm considering moving the back to twelve or one. However I just I just be nearly immune to weed at this point right? Can you lower your tolerance by quiting for a month? I dunno just what do you think. I don't smoke before work. Or at work. But I also don't feel high anymore and wonder what the point is. As I'm about to start vaping soon I just wondered what everyone thoughts are... What if I don't quit will I get my tolerance? I feel like there's no choice but you quit for awhile. I dunno but I also feel like I'm not going to change anymore. Oh ya I gotta go clean up by sister's crystal meth she spilled everywhere. Heroin addicts addict seem to care about anything but themselves. I hope she doesn't see me clean it up she'll accuse me of stealing. I dunno. Random thoughts.

I dunno can anyone give me a comparison of 1 gram of vape good quality how much is that equate to weed like weed weed. I can't see this in my head with out the information. Googled. No help . It's a hard question maybe? I could call the club and ask...

@xxsicknessxx

I’ve been smoking/vaping for years. As little a break as 6 days really lowered my tolerance and I got walloped smoking my first joint back. Mi d you, the tolerance climbed back pretty quickly but it’s mangeable as lo g as I keep away from concentrates.

There’s going to be additional comments by others that state I’m ignoring terpenes and entourage effect,but roughly speaking;

1g of weed is 1000 mg
If this weed is listed as 20% THC, then 0.2 x 1000 = 200 mg THC in this hypotheticalweed

1g/1ml cartridge. let’s say it’s listed at 76.5% THC, so 1000 x 0.765 = 765 mg THC

In the example we’ve got herr\e, the cartridge is 765/200 = 3.825, i.e. 1 cartridge at the above strength is ~1/8 oz of the above listed weed.

This is approximate only but it should give you an idea.

Tom

I'm just wondering any thoughts on what vaping every single day for the last five years might do to me? I just have noticed a lot of thoughts of killing myself, I used to vape all day but now I wait until ten to vape I'm considering moving the back to twelve or one. However I just I just be nearly immune to weed at this point right? Can you lower your tolerance by quiting for a month? I dunno just what do you think. I don't smoke before work. Or at work. But I also don't feel high anymore and wonder what the point is. As I'm about to start vaping soon I just wondered what everyone thoughts are... What if I don't quit will I get my tolerance? I feel like there's no choice but you quit for awhile. I dunno but I also feel like I'm not going to change anymore. Oh ya I gotta go clean up by sister's crystal meth she spilled everywhere. Heroin addicts addict seem to care about anything but themselves. I hope she doesn't see me clean it up she'll accuse me of stealing. I dunno. Random thoughts.
Am I missing something? Are you vaping flower, oil, or wax? I used to vape oil but it would dry out my throat to where I couldn't sing. I'm a musician and singing is important to me.

However, I am considering getting a vape rig that will allow me to vape flower, oil, or wax depending on the attachment. I have heard that repeated dab use will make you immune to regular weed after a while. Sounds like your tolerance is really high now. Please don't kill yourself. Do you know where to get help if you decide you do actually want to follow through with it?

hey sickness , im sorry you are having dark thoughts feel free to message me if you want a chat or a anything,

I also vape weed but im very light on how much i vape and i also use a lot more CBD weed.
Have you been vaping weed in an attempt to escape feelings or just avoidance in general?

I've been vaping daily for about three years now and my tolerance is way beyond reasonable too. Inevitable I guess.
I thought my convection vape wasn't working so I bought a brand new conduction one from the same company and I dunno, I just can't seem to get any powerful effect at all. I had a gram and a half last night and got a bit of a buzz by the end, but ffs half a gram used to have me laid out for an hour or two, lol. It ought to be about 20%THC but it's also about 15%CBD so does that stop the THC from working?

I've been vaping daily for about three years now and my tolerance is way beyond reasonable too. Inevitable I guess.
I thought my convection vape wasn't working so I bought a brand new conduction one from the same company and I dunno, I just can't seem to get any powerful effect at all. I had a gram and a half last night and got a bit of a buzz by the end, but ffs half a gram used to have me laid out for an hour or two, lol. It ought to be about 20%THC but it's also about 15%CBD so does that stop the THC from working?
Yes that 15% cbd would definitely negate the effects of the THC somewhat you see, the CBD will bind to the same receptors that the THC will attempt to, This will mean that blood concentrations of THC might be higher but it doesnt mean it is reaching your brain , thus stopping your high.

However CBD is neuroprotective and helps to prevent many issues associated with THC such as Anxiety, Paranoia, Increased heart rate etc.

even a 1:1 Strain is still a noticeable high to most , but not strong and very morish. High CBD weeds are always going to be more moreish compared to low CBD where the THC can be overwhelming even for veteran tokers

Yes that 15% cbd would definitely negate the effects of the THC somewhat you see, the CBD will bind to the same receptors that the THC will attempt to, This will mean that blood concentrations of THC might be higher but it doesnt mean it is reaching your brain , thus stopping your high.

However CBD is neuroprotective and helps to prevent many issues associated with THC such as Anxiety, Paranoia, Increased heart rate etc.

even a 1:1 Strain is still a noticeable high to most , but not strong and very morish. High CBD weeds are always going to be more moreish compared to low CBD where the THC can be overwhelming even for veteran tokers
So if I vape it at a lower temperature then maybe I'll get the thc without so much cbd.
I think thc vaporizes at 135'C while cbd is 155'C. I'm trying to remember the chart I saw with all the canna compounds on it.

So if I vape it at a lower temperature then maybe I'll get the thc without so much cbd.
I think thc vaporizes at 135'C while cbd is 155'C. I'm trying to remember the chart I saw with all the canna compounds on it.
While that is true, you have to remember that lower temperature hits are going to be weaker anyway, then youll be left with more CBD to vape later at night then you wont sleep lol

THC vapes at around 155c ,
When you vape at your maximum temperature lets say for this time its 420f (lol again) or 215c, you are getting pretty much the full efficient extraction of cannabinoids from your vape which can be up to 66% (vs less with Bong or Joint) When you lower the temperatures you cannot expect this full extraction rate

Lower temperatures are extremely heady highs and id be cautious without any CBD to ground you, you might get too high and regret it, especially if you bare in mind the missing cannabinoids where you have vaped so low temp

King-Tut-tomb-untold-story-looting-gold-treasure.jpg

While that is true, you have to remember that lower temperature hits are going to be weaker anyway, then youll be left with more CBD to vape later at night then you wont sleep lol

When you vape at your maximum temperature lets say for this time its 420f (lol again) or 215c, you are getting pretty much the full efficient extraction of cannabinoids from your vape which can be up to 66% (vs less with Bong or Joint) When you lower the temperatures you cannot expect this full extraction rate

Lower temperatures are extremely heady highs and id be cautious without any CBD to ground you, you might get too high and regret it, especially if you bare in mind the missing cannabinoids where you have vaped so low temp
I've yet to get an uncomfortable high and I've been unable to move for two hours after underestimating the power of a dried out tincture bottle placed in a warm drink without finding it uncomfortable.
What makes it uncomfortable?

Sorry to hear about the thoughts you've been having. I have been in a similar place and although I don't know your circumstances, I did find I felt better after abstaining for a while. I find weed best enjoyed occasionally so that tolerance does not become an issue, that way each time you vape you get the full effect.

If you aren't sure if the weed is helping or hindering, the only way to know for sure is probably to quit for a month or two, and see how you feel. It might be helpful to write down your thoughts and how you feel just before you stop vaping for a bit and compare it to how you feel after you have abstained, it can be easy to forget where you were mentally otherwise.

I have gotten to the place where I know that going without weed is best for my mental health, I'm hoping I can control myself and stick to once a month or so, if I can't I will need to quit permanently.

I tried vaping no higher than 170'C on my new vaporizer which ought to be reasonably accurate. I kept forgetting to toke at all because there was so little vapor. I thought I would need to vape it all again higher, but no, it's actually very nice, I just needed to wait a while. As a former smoker I always whacked up the temp to get max effects. This is useful to a point, now I see that point. At 170'C I'm a bit lightheaded, happily silly, not obvious, not smelling of it, not in the slightest sleepy (and I take quite a heavy nod with any non stimulants). The leftovers at 160'C were almost unchanged from fresh, 170'c made them into light brown crumble that I'll mix with some oil & caramel icing and eat this evening. See I'm thinking all those sedative properties might still be there and active. I did that last night and slept beautifully well.

legalization was actually a conspiracy to burn our receptors out so bad we become immune to thc
if you use cannabis all the time, you do get used to it and usually you get less side effects because your body gets used to it , its how cancer patients and other medical marijuana patients get 'used' to their medication
and @papercuts cool you had a little buzz off it those temperatures are good for a bike ride for me , its actually a common thing for vapers to save up the golden remains to either blast later at night (to release as much THC and also CBN) as possible

legalization was actually a conspiracy to burn our receptors out so bad we become immune to thc
I do not live in a legal state, however I do not imagine my smoking habits would change that much if it were legalized here :ROFLMAO:

I did watch a Nova special on PBS this weekend that stated if you quit for a bit, the receptors in your brain will heal themselves. Lower tolerance = better buzz.

ALSO!

If you only lightly toast a bowlpack/oven-pack like this, you can take the AVB, mix it about 1:1 with fresh weed and roll up a nice little "go-to-sleep"-joint.

You can do it with nearly-cashed AVB as well, but it's going to taste horrendous. Always leads to an extremely stony kind of high for me, no matter the strain.

@xxsicknessxx, when I switched from bubblers/blunts to my PAX3 (a convection vape for flower), I went from smoking a gram a day minimum to vaping 0.25g-0.5g/day. That's my go-to route of ingestion, and if anything my tolerance has bottomed out over the past several years. Initially, the high's a bit more subtle... it's like every strain turns into "creeper weed" where the high doesn't really kick in until about 10min after the session. When it does, though? It's the same feeling as when I used to face a gram at a time when I was younger.

I would absolutely recommend looking into vapes. I'm not a fan of oil because I have the same issue mentioned above: cart's dry my sinuses out and almost always lead to a sinus infection. They're amazing in moderation, but I just can't do cartridges day in and day out.

As far as vape selection goes, I would suggest looking into the PAX3 if you want a more mobile experience, or the Mighty if you're going to be stationary when you indulge. Overall, I think the Mighty is a better product but it's obnoxiously large if you're trying to carry it with you throughout the day.... and as far as maintenance goes, they're both pretty easy to clean. Just get yourself some extra pipe cleaners and isopropyl alcohol and you've got everything you need.

As a final note, if you decide to go for a dab pen instead of a flower vape, I'd like to recommend the Yocan Evolve Plus XL. It's a god damn beast and would be my everyday stand-by if I had consistent access to wax and dabs.

...All good and true, but is it just me or does it feel wrong to not vape at 420F? Sure, it's a little on the high end but god damn does it make for some monster hits.

Last edited:
ALSO!

If you only lightly toast a bowlpack/oven-pack like this, you can take the AVB, mix it about 1:1 with fresh weed and roll up a nice little "go-to-sleep"-joint.

You can do it with nearly-cashed AVB as well, but it's going to taste horrendous. Always leads to an extremely stony kind of high for me, no matter the strain.

@xxsicknessxx, when I switched from bubblers/blunts to my PAX3 (a convection vape for flower), I went from smoking a gram a day minimum to vaping 0.25g-0.5g/day. That's my go-to route of ingestion, and if anything my tolerance has bottomed out over the past several years. Initially, the high's a bit more subtle... it's like every strain turns into "creeper weed" where the high doesn't really kick in until about 10min after the session. When it does, though? It's the same feeling as when I used to face a gram at a time when I was younger.

I would absolutely recommend looking into vapes. I'm not a fan of oil because I have the same issue mentioned above: cart's dry my sinuses out and almost always lead to a sinus infection. They're amazing in moderation, but I just can't do cartridges day in and day out.

As far as vape selection goes, I would suggest looking into the PAX3 if you want a more mobile experience, or the Mighty if you're going to be stationary when you indulge. Overall, I think the Mighty is a better product but it's obnoxiously large if you're trying to carry it with you throughout the day.... and as far as maintenance goes, they're both pretty easy to clean. Just get yourself some extra pipe cleaners and isopropyl alcohol and you've got everything you need.

As a final note, if you decide to go for a dab pen instead of a flower vape, I'd like to recommend the Yocan Evolve Plus XL. It's a god damn beast and would be my everyday stand-by if I had consistent access to wax and dabs.

...All good and true, but is it just me or does it feel wrong to not vape at 420F? Sure, it's a little on the high end but god damn does it make for some monster hits.
After 200c, you do get benzene but also depends on the vaporizer and the method i guess
But if you are too low you are missing many cannabinoids

"

5) Best Medication​

CBD, CBN, and CBC play a vital role in the use of marijuana as medication. The terpenes linalool and humulene also have some essential medicinal effects that should not be discounted.

To get the best medication from your Mary Jane, you want to go as high as possible without actually burning your bud. Set your vape gear at 430 ℉ to get all the good stuff without encroaching on the combustion temperature of 451 ℉."

I've set at least three vaporisers on fire by vaping at 390'C then vaping it again at max temp. If you take long slow tokes it's like blowing gently on kindling, then you've just got to switch the thing off.
Sorry, I'm vague, my favourite vaporiser is working today 😊
It's an XVape Fog, thoroughly used and abused over the years and still being made, you'll not find a better one under $100.

ive come back here to say that i was actually like you at one point OP , i was vaporizing lots of weed every day for a few years straight
But i think you should note that it seems that vaping less and consistently appears to have an anti-depressant effect , that would increase the more your tolerance drops.