• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

hi alice.. welcome to the party, but as i'm sure you're now well aware, it is highly overrated and over-hyped. as for the rush, well i never really get a "mind-blowing" rush, and i've tried many quantities and qualities. though my friends using the same amounts are 'blown away' at times... just the way i am i suppose. probably a good thing, as i'm less likely to get addicted.

a few things... i personally find 27 gauge syringes much easier to work with. also, you can use the plunger base to stir and crush your crystals (it will be sterile if just removed from packaging).

i find it more efficient to use a small ball of cotton to draw up liquid. you don't have to go too small with the ball (keep it practical), and as you draw through it very little will remain in the spoon / cotton (it will turn white as all fluid is pulled out of it). you can also drag it around the spoon to mop up everything. furthermore, you don't damage the needle, and it also provides for a low order filtration.

i forgot to mention please DO NOT USE CIGG BUTTS there is a very real chance that you may inadvertanly suck up some of the fibreglass and put that into your veins....not good, ive seen nasty wounds and infections from this happening esp with used cigg butts which is an even bigger no no.

used cig butts, holy crap, you don't want tar and nicotine in your bloodstream, do you? :eek:

i've been injecting speed on a more or less daily basis for >4 years and normally 1/2g of a fine gear easily keeps me awake for ~72h (i've found this dosage optimal: can use twice or triple as much yet there's only a slight difference in both rush and performance)
// i havn't really been careful enough, often using tap water, bad quality meth and sometimes sharing and almost always recycling syringes way too many times -- but then again, for me it is a part of the culture ;)

i guess my organism has mutated to a certain degree to cope with the altered cycle, needless to say "the addiction" has been (and still is) an amazing mental exercise, i've came to the point of not having any "comedowns" at all, i just calm myself down and fall asleep when the time comes and the next day i'm fresh and active again, need no meth or extended sleep to frontrun my life

as about the rush, well, i wouldn't call this "mindblowing", but for me it is this subtle tick at the "adam's apple" -- completely different to the big dumb bang i get from snorting -- i'd say less is more :|

i've found my chin to be a rather comfortable substitute to a tourniquet -- even if your veins are accessible easily enough, pumping them will definitely lower the chance of an unsuccessful shots.

cheers,
~~~zee

im relatively new here, and hope you can help. im 38 years old and spent the last 20 years shooting coke and heroin. pretty heavily at times, but would lay off for months just the same.

anyway back in the day i shot crystal meth/liquid crank a few times, but i was only 19 or 20 at that time and that's before "ice" came around.

Well, i have been recently introduced to ice by a friend who smokes it daily. It comes in these clear crystal shards and it's intended or smoking, or so i believe.

is this safe to inject? is this essentially what everyone else is getting too, or is this something different from classic crystal meth and not suitable.

Let me know because after reading this thread about IV meth, i have to admit the thought has crossed my mind to pick up some rigs from the local pharm and give it a go.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This site kicks ass

[EDIT: 1. Thanks, 2. Welcome, 3. Be discrete. :) hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
chIVa214 said:
is this safe to inject? is this essentially what everyone else is getting too, or is this something different from classic crystal meth and not suitable.

it is no different. if anything, maybe purer. you can inject it. play safe.

^ what he said. iv meth is a very intense rush and high the folows for anytime between 15-and hour depending on the quaity, then you will plateu off after the initial rushing. the high is very long and the initial rush can be one that you maybe fall in love with and addicting.

sorry if i dont make sense, i just woke up after falling asleep after a high dose of temazepam

madmick19 said:
i forgot to mention please DO NOT USE CIGG BUTTS there is a very real chance that you may inadvertanly suck up some of the fibreglass and put that into your veins....not good, ive seen nasty wounds and infections from this happening esp with used cigg butts which is an even bigger no no.

Awesome study on effectiveness of different types of filters here.

There must be some level of risk when using ciggy filters - but it must be fairly low, else we would see a lot more injuries etc resulting. Of course - you have to use clean ones (not smoked ones!!). I believe that most ciggy filters are made from a wood product (cellulose acetate?) so strictly speaking not fibreglass. It would be technically possible for small fibres from filter to enter needle and thus be injected. The rigidity of these fibres could lead to problems somewhere in your circulatory system - could get lodged in capillaries, lungs, heart, kidneys etc - but as I said before it's probably a low risk....

HeathIV said:
If you want a nice rush, you need to use very little water in order to make a very concentrated "thick" shot. Using too much water is known as nothing other than a waste in the meth IV culture.

Can anyone confirm this? Using less water is going to be more taxing on your veins and I can't really understand why it would give that much of a better rush. The only thing I can think of is due to the viscosity the meth doesn't dilute in the blood causing a fat blob of meth to hit your brain at once. For 2.5 points I use bout .4ml water with anywhere between .4-.5ml drawing into the syringe.

You definitely wouldn't want to miss that shot :\

^ No, there will not be much of a difference. The only differences may be that it takes you slightly less time to get it all in and that it's all together in a somewhat smaller mass.

But unless you are taking like five minutes to push down the plunger on a bigger shot, you are still going to get a rush. There have been threads in OD on this topic, the consensus seemed to be it doesn't make a difference and that you may as well go for the slightly more diluted shot and spare your veins some suffering.

diluted or thick shots are still going to be the same. i don't know why i used to think otherwise.

don't go pressing the plunger down in .5 of a second, take your time and make sure you're steady. i've rushed a few shots and actually scared myself from the rush.

but fuck it's hard to keep stil when you're already rushing and only half way down the shot...im getting all shakey just typing this=D

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is a point
A point is 0.1 grams and for most people with low or zero tolerance and pure meth about what it takes to give them a huge burst of euphoria lasting 12 or more hours and keep them awake for up to 48 hours.

However, it can still be too much for some newbies to meth. Go cautiously. You can always add more.

Thank for the info about a point of meth. I have another question that I should have asked in the last post, I guess you need to buy a gram scale so you know the amount of meth you are injecting.

Thank for the info about a point of meth. I have another question that I should have asked in the last post, I guess you need to buy a gram scale so you know the amount of meth you are injecting.

Yes you need a gram scale. Cheap as chips on ebay or amazon. It's hard to eyeball powder accurately.

Thanks, I appreciate getting back. I just want to try this, I just need to find a sourse.

A point is 0.1 grams and for most people with low or zero tolerance and pure meth about what it takes to give them a huge burst of euphoria lasting 12 or more hours and keep them awake for up to 48 hours.

However, it can still be too much for some newbies to meth. Go cautiously. You can always add more.

Yeah if you're inexperienced. Don't take a point of meth. I've used meth quite a few times and no way in hell would I wanna take that much.

As for size. I'd just use your standard 27-29g 1ml syringe. The kind you get from exchanges and pharmacies across Australia. That's what I've used on the rare occasions I've used meth iv. And the many thousands of times I've iv'ed heroin.

That's good advice. However I still don't think a tourniquet is entirely necessary. If you have deep veins, sure, use one. If you have prominent veins though why bother?

So you can rotate which veins you use, instead of what most IV users do, which is use the easy ones till they are destroyed, then the ones requiring a tourniquet, then places like the tops of hands, topside of arms, and wrists, none of which last long. And finally settling on the only remaining spot, the groin, which if looked after won't heal between shots, but also won't dissappear, so will remain that wound you can continue shooting into until old age or serious leg infection forces you to choose between really giving up this time, or getting familiar with shooting into your jugular vein. All sounds really sexy, right? (Sarcasm).

What I can say from my experience, probably 25 years on and off IV use, maybe 10-15 of that pretty consistent/full time. I still have at least 4 useable veins in each elbow crook. And can only think of one other person I know/use with, or whatever, who also has elbow crook veins still.

Guess what we both do that no one else really does. We've always used torniquets. Even on the "easy to get" veins. Because it turns easy into easier, makes mistakes and misses far less common, and allows them to continue doing their job instead of quickly surrendering and becoming unusable. And because once you start down the I V road, you could be here a loooooong time. So it's worth considering the future instead of just adding to the overuse and eventual destruction of your veins.

My suggestions on this:
- elastic/stretchy material is definitely the best. --; Ask around at needle exchanges or services for proper pathology nurse torniquets (cotton covered elastic, with plastic quick tight, quick-loose and quick release clips). I only got one about 3 months ago. While I've always had some sort of torniquets, these are superior in every single way. Get one.
- ignore whomever said to remove torniquets after your shot. If you have a steady enough hand (which you will develop quickly), loosen torniquets after you have registered a vein (eg, got the needle into one, and pulled plunger back a tiny bit to check that you're in - blood easily flowing into syringe means you are in). At this point you release the torniquets, and *then* have the shot after confirming you are still in. Why loose and shoot instead of shoot and loose? At some point your veins will be weaker than they once were. If you shoot with torniquets on, you increase the pressure in the vein more than even the torniquets do. Which can lead to a kind of blowout that you really don't want!!

Your idea to occasionally dabble after your first IV use might turn out just fine. But only for limited time. A guy and girl I know tried IV. Said they'd never go back to other using (which they didn't), and continued just using at occasional dance parties, raves and doors. And it didn't turn them into addicts.....until it turned them into addicts. But I'm pretty sure they got 2 or 3 good years out of their dabbling. Until the day they realised there was nothing, Nada, absolutely zilch, good about life anymore. They got out of it. But it always takes work to do.

While I can totally understand your wanting to try it, just understand what consequences there WILL be, which will be a lot. Have an escape plan. And also realise that addiction is a tricky bugger, so your escape plan is likely to fail. Then, if with eyes wide open, you do it anyway, more power to you. And luck when you need it. Which you will. And also honesty for when you need it, for when you eventually realise just how ridiculous and insane using "I'm different, it won't happen to me", when it seems no-one here is putting their hands up saying they stayed in control. Although to be fair, those people are junkies. You're not like them. But then again, neither we're they, back when they also made the mistake of somehow thinking they were special and it wouldn't happen to them.

Hopefully that's all adequate info and fair warning. I IV both meth and H. And at times make a complete meas of my life. And other times I am a complete meas myself. And other times it's both. And at times neither. It's a repeating struggle I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. But damn, when I'm able to be blind enough to the consequences, it's awesome. The rush is so worth it. You see, addicts aren't evil, they just use selective blindness in ways that doesn't work well for them.... and they then make those same mistakes over and over and over again

Last edited:
As a certified profession meth IV'er I feel that I should let you know some valuable information.
First off, the one thing that effects the potency of the meth your going to be injecting most, is the amount of water you put on it. If you have a quarter (0.25g) (common doseage) of meth, and you put about 15 units of water on it, it will disolve, and most likely double back (if high quality) VERY thick into about 30 units, very potent. That shot would ring your bell for sure. However, If you take the same amount 0.25g and put 30 units of water on it, let alone the 60+ you did, the effects would be nearly non-existant.

If you want a nice rush, you need to use very little water in order to make a very concentrated "thick" shot. Using too much water is known as nothing other than a waste in the meth IV culture.

This is a popular (but not universal by any stretch) belief in the heroin world, but unfortunately there is not one shred of truth to it. The amount of METH matters. Not the amount of water. Sure, if you push the plunger very slowly, you might take longer to push it in than the rush takes to begin. Can be resolved by pushing more quickly. Other factors: placebo effect (not something to take offense at, as the brain is a truly amazing organ, and placebo one of the truly amazing things it does, and does well), or maybe with more time spent in the vein pushing, more chance of missing. Although you'd know if that was happening.

Put simply, if all goes as planned, and assuming all else the same (same type of meth, etc), the ONLY things affecting the rush would be the amount of drug, and the time taken to apply it (if the difference in pushing 30 or 60 units of the same amount of meth through is less than, say, a second, you really won't notice a difference).

The downsides to a more concentrated shot, which aren't that great, but does exist, are
- waste: for every unit, drop, etc of water spilled or otherwise lost or wasted, more meth is lost with more concentrated shots.
- thickness: probably not as much a problem with meth, but with some H, more concentrated means thicker and this can cause difficulties in drawing up, registering, shooting, etc as it can be difficult to get through the needle, in either direction.

Just a note here that I do realise I just rained on someone's parade, a belief they seem pretty attached to, and shat on it, calling it a myth.

In fairness, I'm happy to reneg, change my views, admit I was wrong, etc, if someone can point me to some objective evidence. I do like to learn new stuff and if that comes with a serve of humble pie, then that's just a 2 for 1 deal, so I'm all for it!

Can anyone confirm this? Using less water is going to be more taxing on your veins and I can't really understand why it would give that much of a better rush. The only thing I can think of is due to the viscosity the meth doesn't dilute in the blood causing a fat blob of meth to hit your brain at once. For 2.5 points I use bout .4ml water with anywhere between .4-.5ml drawing into the syringe.

You definitely wouldn't want to miss that shot :\
Complete myth as I understand it. Unless the way you shoot is to do it really slow and only slide the plunger forwards 2-3 units per second. Then, yes, you'd get a bigger rush with less water, but only cos with more water you'd be pushing so slowly that the rush from the first few units of gear would be finishes6 before you've even pushed the last bit in.

Im not any kind of medical/pharmaceutical/biomedical/etc expert. Basic physics, chemistry, logic and scientific method as well as some common sense are what I'm going by here. So while I think unlikely, it is at least possible, that there are data, facts, or reports out there, based on objective measurments, and if so, I'll eat humble pie and exit the discussion having learned sonetbing6. If that is the case, please do send me the links

A meth rush is not like a coke rush where it hits you in an instant like a sledgehammer. It builds up to a peak over 30 seconds to a minute or two. There’s no plus to jamming in as concentrated a solution as possible for achieving an instant bell ringer like with coke. Meth is also highly corrosive and concentrated shots wreak more damage in the veins around the injection site. Personally, I found 0.1 ml of water per point of meth about right, with an extra 0.1 ml of water for shots greater than 3 points.